• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Final Game: Huddersfield v Arsenal - 13th of May @ 15:00

Can Arsène pick up any away points in 2018?

• Yes, we will finish 2018 with 3 away points.

• Yes, we will finish 2018 with 1 away point.

• No, we will finish 2018 with 0 away points.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Don't recall blaming the Emirates crowd, except for saying they were quiet. Maybe during the couple of months of the planes and demonstrations they had some effect. Always thought more damage was done to the confidence of the team by the extensive and prolonged social media campaign.

As for injuries they probably had a significant impact on the extra few points Wenger needed to go from his averaging 76 points to getting over the 80 mark, which really would have challenged for the league in a couple of seasons. And when you have a squad ravaged by injuries, the extra CL games just made matters worse. That's the benefit of the richer teams, squad depth helps when the games come thick and fast.

So yeah, still all true, they never were excuses. :lol:

John Barnes straight blamed the fans though , didn't hold back . Don't feel it should be an excuse , our away record was elite.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Given that our squad seems to get worse the more money Arséne spends its probably lucky for Traxy that Wenger got sacked when he did.

Another season of this and I’m not sure he’d even have the net spend line left :lol:
Wenger's net spend this year was -£3m.

Pep £212m, Mourinho £137m, Conte £50m, Poch £17m, Klopp £0.

We're 6th on spend this year, wonder where we'll finish? :lol:

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Hoping for a fitting end to another exciting league campaign. Backing the big man to break his duck myself. Huddersfield are safe so could see us maybe nicking a point here.

2017/2018 away form:

Played 18
Won 3
Drawn 4
Lost 11

Scored 19
Conceded 31

Stoke 1-0 Arsenal
Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal

Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal
Watford 2-1 Arsenal
Everton 2-5 Arsenal
Man City 3-1 Arsenal
Burnley 0-1 Arsenal
Southampton 1-1 Arsenal
West Ham 0-0 Arsenal
C. Palace 2-3 Arsenal
West Brom 1-1 Arsenal
Bournemouth 2-1 Arsenal
Swansea 3-1 Arsenal
Sp**s 1-0 Arsenal
Brighton 2-1 Arsenal
Newcastle 2-1 Arsenal
Man. U 2-1 Arsenal
Leicester 3-1 Arsenal

Huddersfield ? - ? Arsenal

Lovely stuff.

remind me again... which was the team that sold Giroud, Sanchez and co. in mid-season. Ambitious board and club it must be.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Wenger's net spend this year was -£3m.

Pep £212m, Mourinho £137m, Conte £50m, Poch £17m, Klopp £0.

We're 6th on spend this year, wonder where we'll finish? :lol:

selling giroud and sanchez mid season is a great way to convince the team that we are wanting to finish strongly.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Huddersfield are safe, we just might sneak it.

Then again, does it matter? As it is, we're on course to end with less points than David Moyes' United :lol:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I assume this match will be more ceremonial than an actual game where players bother.

Huddersfield will be in high spirits celebrating their survival and at same time they will mark it as some historic values with our connection to them through Herbert Chapman.
There will certainly be some sort of an award and guard of honour before match with the entire focus will be on Wenger.

It's the last game for Arsène :(

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I assume this match will be more ceremonial than an actual game where players bother.

Huddersfield will be in high spirits celebrating their survival and at same time they will mark it as some historic values with our connection to them through Herbert Chapman.
There will certainly be some sort of an award or guard of honour before match and the entire focus will be on Wenger.

It's the last game for Arséne :(
Whatever the score, the whole stadium will be singing there's only one Arsène Wenger by 80 minutes.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Not going to be shown on TV again.

Wasted all that money on an OLED 55" Ultra HD HDR Smart TV just to watch Arsène's last few matches.

Laura Russ

Hi Gunners,

Looking forward to Sunday, so much more now than had we have needed a result to secure survival!

It's set to be a fantastic game, a real celebration for both teams.

If anyone would like any advice re parking, drinking, food etc. just let me know.

Hoping to meet some friendly gunners pre match and enjoy both our celebrations!

Aevi

Hale End FC
Hi Gunners,

Looking forward to Sunday, so much more now than had we have needed a result to secure survival!

It's set to be a fantastic game, a real celebration for both teams.

If anyone would like any advice re parking, drinking, food etc. just let me know.

Hoping to meet some friendly gunners pre match and enjoy both our celebrations!
Hi, welcome!

Out of interest, would you mind telling me how you lot managed to stay up? I've barely heard anything about you all season even though you've done well while being (I think) favorites to go down. How will you be building from here?

Laura Russ

Hi, welcome!

Out of interest, would you mind telling me how you lot managed to stay up? I've barely heard anything about you all season even though you've done well while being (I think) favorites to go down. How will you be building from here?

We managed to stay up because we secured the points required to do so. We may not have scored many goals or been in many headlines but we've gone about our business in our own way and now after two astonishing points in the last two games, we've done it! We're all just so happy with the achievement and that we get to play in the PL again next year! And yes we were definitely favourites to be relegated, Paul Merson even dressed up as Gonzo from the Muppets tonight because we've managed to maintain our PL status!

We don't know what happens from here, more investments in to the squad and the facilities we have, I can't wait until we announce some transfers!

I can guarantee that Wenger will get the send off he deserves! In addition to the round of applause shown in the tweet, Wagner talks about some of the stuff they have planned in his press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom