• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

| West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal | 15:00 19 March 2011 |

ultradoc

Established Member
Gunner Ossie said:
what are you all *****ing and Moaning about, this arsenal team have again proven to be a pile useless ****, and yet (unbelievably) most (60 odd percent) of you still voted in support for wenger the bafoon who stays loyal to the same useless squad and who stays in his job merely to serve us all up more of his loser orientated drivel. Who can tell me wenger is not an idiot, for thinking this team would do anything other than fall apart when the going got tough, when nearly everyone in the world of football and most arsenal fans expected or predicted this callapse would happen at the very start of the season.

All of you wenger supporters dont seriously believe in him. Your all merely living in hope, albeit forlorn.

TIME FOR CHANGE is NOW,

that kid in Biggus' avatar seems to have picked up and started using words :wink:

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Ossie, just stay away from the forum if all you're gonna do is whinge and insult, especially after not being here for ages but return just in time to lay into the team and manager. One of those enthusiastic types who gets a kick out of negative situations.
Ridiculous.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Oh well. I just saved some money by cancelling Setanta sports ;-). I'll not going to be paying premium money to watch this kind of effort.
Seriously, we must go 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 till we get players like Theo, Cesc/Song back. Denilson is not a holding midfielder. His best games have come when he's played as a true CM. Still doesn't excuse his lack of tracking back or his poor passing but I 'm sure he'll do better in a different system in a different league perhaps. Against a team like West Brom that leaks goals, surely playing Shava behind Rp would've been the prudent thing to do. We all know including Wenger that Shava can only last so many minutes out wide(and he really ran his heart out today). I'm not going to blame Wenger for the team we have. We have a good enough team to beat West Brom, injuries not outstanding. Wenger however has to step up to the plate and get the best effort with the right plan and with the right players from what we have.

Gunner Ossie

OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
Ossie, just stay away from the forum if all you're gonna do is whinge and insult, especially after not being here for ages but return just in time to lay into the team and manager. One of those enthusiastic types who gets a kick out of negative situations.
Ridiculous.

lets get something straight here, just because i dont post that often dont mean im not here. Secondly, I support arsenAL not Arsène as opposed to those who for six years seem to have supported a manager despite the fact that it is clearly questionable as to whether he is still the best man for the job. Compared to previous arsenal squads, this arsenal team is rubbish, vulnerable, arrogant,leaderless,gutless and i think six years without challenging for the PL is proof enough that.

Every year I just watch the same damn thing happen and laugh as the transfer window closes without the signings we all know are needed; the optimism in this forum fades and dissapears as the season progresses. Despite changes in players arsenal still suffer fronm the same ailments. i watch you all blame the refs,injuries,the snow, the moon, this player or that player, and always hold back when it comes to blaming the manager and concluding that he might now need to take responsibility for the tams failings and resign for the good of the club. When are you AKB guys gonna grow some balls and accept the possibility that arsenal , (who won things before wenger, as well as with wenger), might actually start winning stuff again after wengers gone.

Now that the sixth trophyless season is over what else is there for us to seek other than change.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Today's match (and the last couple of weeks) has (have) proved that Arsène isn't able to lift the players up after setbacks.
Deep inside myself just after Kos and Sneezy killed our CC final, I knew it won't be easy in the next couple of weeks and Arsène has to do everything possible to ensure that they won't feel sorry for themselves.
Well, it didn't quite work out, did it?

Of course we came behind from two goals down and got a draw today, but that's neither enough in a title race, nor enough against teams who're fighting against relegation. If it wasn't for one moment of brilliance from Arsh, I doubt we'd have ever found the key to unlock their defence.

Such a shame that we're yet again falling apart.

My only remaining hope is, that our key players return after the break and get us going again.
The players who're currently playing, aren't up for it and we should get rid off some of them in the summer, because if you can't improve during such a title-fight, you're useless.

Bossa

Established Member
Enough is enough, Almunia, Denilson, Diaby and Rosicky have cost us enough this season. If we replace these players maybe we CAN perform better when some of our first teamers are out

Y va marquer

Established Member
How to address the problems that we encountered in today's game?

No cutting edge in attack.
4-4-2 ?
No Denilson.

Defensive errors.
Jens instead of Al?

Probably far too simplistic an analysis but those were the most glaringly obvious issues.

The more complex problem would be the lack of confidence and overall nervousness that permeated our performance, particularly in the first half.
Hopefully the fact that we managed to recover enough to avoid the loss will contribute in some way to restoring faith.

Wenger has an awful lot of work to do in order to put this team back in the frame of mind that they were in when they beat Barca.

That seems like a lifetime ago now.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Watching MOTD and I can't help but imagine what a defender like Cahill would bring to this club. Was a monster against UTD today

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
I don't care if it's that you don't post often Ossie, to use that as some sort of reason to only show up with your contributions now. Where were you when the team had it's brighter moments this season, were you still "here" then? What stopped you posting then? Now we're subjected to "who can tell me wenger is not an idiot" style jibes, when everybody is frustrated with our crumbling season, some understandably not having as much faith in Wenger as before, but he still built this entire team literally by himself and gets it to challenge, but it's obvious that there is an extra element missing when the pressure is at it's highest. However no matter what happens now I still won't ever forget all he's done to help the club, whether he leaves with his head held high, or down low.

All the Wenger fans want is to see the burning desire of his team succeeding to become a reality, and we at least want him to tweak what is needed in a team that still has so much talent. I just get annoyed seeing posts coming to the fore from posters who only seem interested in posting when problems appear.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Y va marquer said:
How to address the problems that we encountered in today's game?

No cutting edge in attack.
4-4-2 ?
No Denilson.

Defensive errors.
Jens instead of Al?

Probably far too simplistic an analysis but those were the most glaringly obvious issues.

The more complex problem would be the lack of confidence and overall nervousness that permeated our performance, particularly in the first half.
Hopefully the fact that we managed to recover enough to avoid the loss will contribute in some way to restoring faith.

Wenger has an awful lot of work to do in order to put this team back in the frame of mind that they were in when they beat Barca.

That seems like a lifetime ago now.

You could look for excuses such as lack of confidence, frame of mind, etc but it all comes down to one thing - the players. They simply aren't good enough. Since we lost Theo, Song and Cesc to injuries the team has been playing poorly. It all started 2nd half against Stoke City. Once Theo and Cesc went off we were average. Their replacements have been poor. Benthder, Rosicky, Diaby, Denilson, Arshavin (of late), Chamackh. These guys are poor players. They honestly have no place in a squad aspiring to win titles. Add the injury to Snes and we have ourselves a grade A clown taking over.

Invincible

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
Watching MOTD and I can't help but imagine what a defender like Cahill would bring to this club. Was a monster against UTD today
Wenger would rather pay lowly sum for Squillaci than spend some good money for proper CB's like Cahill.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

:lol: Now THAT would have gotten our goalkeeper in our local team the boot :lol:

Y va marquer

Established Member
Some people can only express disappointments and anger Oohtobe.
I've been lounging on the dark side myself since the game but I've just seen Arshavin's goal again and it was a real beauty.

I still see the result more in the light of 2 points dropped but I'm just thankful that we avoided defeat because I don't think as a team that we'd have recovered from another loss.
At least we showed that there is some fight left in us in coming from 2 goals down.

Anzac

Established Member
IMO the 4231 could still work if we looked to change the roles.

I think AW has gotten too fixated on wanting a creative player behind the lone striker & has blunted our goal threat by looking to play midfielders there, and moreso as they are primarily creative by type as opposed to goal scoring.

IMO this want for creativity becomes counter productive in the final 3rd when teams look to sit deep & particulalry when we play without pace or directness. DB10 was soooo successful in the role because he was able to exploit our pace & space.

I'd rather set the roles up as for a 442/4411 with a more dynamic goal scoring forward in the role so as to provide a 2nd striker option, and in this regard I think the role is tailor made for the likes of AA/RVP. I'd only play a creative mid in the role against the BIG guns Away, when we know they are unlikely to close shop on us as much as other teams.

IMO this current 4231 is built more around a 451 than 4411/442, and we should be looking towards the latter intent in most games, not the former.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Y va marquer said:
Some people can only express disappointments and anger Oohtobe.
I've been lounging on the dark side myself since the game but I've just seen Arshavin's goal again and it was a real beauty.

I still see the result more in the light of 2 points dropped but I'm just thankful that we avoided defeat because I don't think as a team that we'd have recovered from another loss.
At least we showed that there is some fight left in us in coming from 2 goals down.
Agree, Arshavins goal was top notch. Would love to see him behind the striker making those runs. Clinical when he gets in the box.

Invincible

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
However no matter what happens now I still won't ever forget all he's done to help the club
For which he got (and still gets) paid a ****ing fortune.

Why are you making it sound like he's doing us a favour?

He should be thanking his lucky stars every night that he has been able to retain the managerial job at a club like Arsenal having won **** all for 6 years.

Top Bottom