• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

| West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal | 15:00 19 March 2011 |

AFCG7

Established Member
I'm thinking the same about Al. He cant be arsed anymore...after his comments post-Barca about our players walking around and now the club signing Lehmann again i think he's just not giving a damn.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@Ant: well, somebody did... "we have the best 3rd choice GK"?? Al is ****, no matter which choice he is

ultradoc

Established Member
General said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Today's match (and the last couple of weeks) has (have) proved that Arsène isn't able to lift the players up after setbacks.

The past few weeks only? Arsène Wenger struggled to get the great unbeaten team to regroup after our run was halted so how much more this pathetic bunch of misfits. Biggus has always said that a team is a mirror image of it’s manager and this is an important observation when evaluating a team’s character. Mental meltdown after a major disappointment is part of Wenger's Arsenal DNA. This is why we are always treated with suspicion every time he talks up mental strength.

:lol: what are you guys on about? this season is quite a success in wenger's eyes,isn't it?
Injuries, ref decisions, staying competitive in all competitions till a fortnight back, still in the race for PL, all this with young and cheap players, plus stadium, etc etc..zzzzz. What say all ye wenger supporters? :wink:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Don't beat about the bush 'Raindance' - I said it. Weak, son. Weak.

I don't know why you didn't quote me tbh - it's something you normally can't resist...

You didn't disagree with me at the time, did you? Funnily enough, I don't think anyone did. But you fairwethers can do as you like - what I say, I believe in, and it takes more than an absolute shocker to change my overall opinion.

I stand by it.

He's sh!t, yes, but if you look at any other third choice keeper in the league, they're kids with nothing like the experience Al has.

Jbruin

Established Member
Jury, experience is all well and good but if you cost your team points every other game it don't count for ****, he's cost us 4 points against West Brom alone this season, awful, awful GK unable to concentrate or make the correct decision when it matters.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I agree Jbruin. He's sh1t and a liability for us. I'm not defending him!

I think the last time he done anything as mind-bendingly stupid as that was against Man Utd at Highbury in the 4-2 defeat, when he inexplicably ran out to the corner flag to close down a winger..... I think the presence of Jens may well have triggered this latest episode. I'm just at loss....

I'd like to hear what he or Wenger had to say about it tbh.

TheCMT

Established Member
Even the Second goal of Manure in FA was avoidable if he tried hard rather than just flapping his hand around.

Gunner Ossie

OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
I don't care if it's that you don't post often Ossie, to use that as some sort of reason to only show up with your contributions now. Where were you when the team had it's brighter moments this season, were you still "here" then? What stopped you posting then?.

what brighter moments are you talking about? loosing to man-u , chelsea,Sp**s,etc; or frequently loosing or scraping draws against ****ty teams at the bottom of the league? giving way 4 goal leads? you see things have got so bad that you now consider a brighter moment as winning any game rather than the ones that actually count.

to me the only bright moments in an arsenal season are the ones that involve silverware. Failing that, spanking manu, tottenham,liverpool or chelsea away might cheer me up.

sorry mate but, beating west ham or everton or by 2 goal to 1 does not mean jack diddly because when we had a proper team we used to beat them all 4-1 by half time.

Lastly posting towrds the end of the season is wiser because it cannot be considered knee-jerk, and conclusions can most certainly be drawn based on us all witnessing yet another (oh so predictable) annual season long caputultion in 4 competitions. So what conclusion have you drawn on this trophyless season that you coudnt have drawn in any of the previous six. prey tell.

are you seriously more pissed of with the timing of my posts, than you are with the performance of your team's manager and players?. Direct your frustration where is rightfully belongs man.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Funny stuff. It's not so much what you are saying Ossie, but how you go about saying it. Nothing of what you say hasn't been said before throughout the season by many others, so barreling in here with your cyber-guns blazing in the manner of the following is bound to irk some:
Gunner Ossie said:
what are you all *****ing and Moaning about, this arsenal team have again proven to be a pile useless ****, and yet (unbelievably) most (60 odd percent) of you still voted in support for wenger the bafoon who stays loyal to the same useless squad and who stays in his job merely to serve us all up more of his loser orientated drivel. Who can tell me wenger is not an idiot, for thinking this team would do anything other than fall apart when the going got tough, when nearly everyone in the world of football and most arsenal fans expected or predicted this callapse would happen at the very start of the season.

All of you wenger supporters dont seriously believe in him. Your all merely living in hope, albeit forlorn.

TIME FOR CHANGE is NOW,
Again, we've heard it all before (albeit put better).

Gunner Ossie

AnthonyG said:
Funny stuff. It's not so much what you are saying Ossie, but how you go about saying it. Nothing of what you say hasn't been said before throughout the season by many others, so barreling in here with your cyber-guns blazing in the manner of the following is bound to irk some:
Gunner Ossie said:
what are you all *****ing and Moaning about, this arsenal team have again proven to be a pile useless ****, and yet (unbelievably) most (60 odd percent) of you still voted in support for wenger the bafoon who stays loyal to the same useless squad and who stays in his job merely to serve us all up more of his loser orientated drivel. Who can tell me wenger is not an idiot, for thinking this team would do anything other than fall apart when the going got tough, when nearly everyone in the world of football and most arsenal fans expected or predicted this callapse would happen at the very start of the season.

All of you wenger supporters dont seriously believe in him. Your all merely living in hope, albeit forlorn.

TIME FOR CHANGE is NOW,
Again, we've heard it all before (albeit put better).

listen ive been around here long enough to know that everything posted in this forum has been heard or said before by someone else but that dont stop you or anyone else repeating it does it?

Repeated Annual(even weekly)debates (threads)about the defense,the formation, is cesc leaving,who should be in goal, walcott's end product, rosicky's purpose, diaby slowing down play etc (i could cite another thousand or two if you like). but all these cyclic issues have been done to depth by you guys, and i dont get involved in them because its not these micro level debates that are going to get arsenal winning anything. Its macro level issues or debates (like replacing the manger) that warrant a greater amount of attention especially from the fans and hopefully the board. Have you ever considered that the board might force wenger to change something if the fans actually *****ed and moaned a lot more? It worked at newcastle and man u so why not here.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
dyeruz said:
What todays match proved was when Wenger's back was against the wall he was forced to be proactive and make changes, I damn near fell of my chair when he brought on Chamakh, I wanted it but I didnt expect Wenger to actually do it. Unfortunately for that ****-up we could have actually done something in this game. We needed to win so he abandoned the notion of having two sitting midfielders and went out all out attack. If from this day forward he actually shows he's not inflexible and sets up the team positively then thats small progress for me

Yeah, he was a bit proactive yesterday with bringing Chamakh on after 45mins. It's just a shame, that seconds after Bendy was on, Al and Squib decided to end our fight for the title.
You could label it small progress yes, but I for myself will wait how he acts in the next couple of matches in that regard.

General said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Today's match (and the last couple of weeks) has (have) proved that Arsène isn't able to lift the players up after setbacks.

The past few weeks only? Arsène Wenger struggled to get the great unbeaten team to regroup after our run was halted so how much more this pathetic bunch of misfits. Biggus has always said that a team is a mirror image of it’s manager and this is an important observation when evaluating a team’s character. Mental meltdown after a major disappointment is part of Wenger's Arsenal DNA. This is why we are always treated with suspicion every time he talks up mental strength.

I was just talking about the current season.
I agree that there've been numerous occassions where we felt apart after one setback.

Arsène clearly lacks skill in that regard and the teams he creates are mentally too fragile and depend on certain players' abilities to motivate their teammates (which isn't something bad, but if none of your players have such skill, as it's now, it's a problem) imo.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Gunner Ossie said:
listen ive been around here long enough to know that everything posted in this forum has been heard or said before by someone else but that dont stop you or anyone else repeating it does it?

Repeated Annual(even weekly)debates (threads)about the defense,the formation, is cesc leaving,who should be in goal, walcott's end product, rosicky's purpose, diaby slowing down play etc (i could cite another thousand or two if you like). but all these cyclic issues have been done to depth by you guys, and i dont get involved in them because its not these micro level debates that are going to get arsenal winning anything. Its macro level issues or debates (like replacing the manger) that warrant a greater amount of attention especially from the fans and hopefully the board. Have you ever considered that the board might force wenger to change something if the fans actually *****ed and moaned a lot more? It worked at newcastle and man u so why not here.

Firstly, these topics that you think are being debated:

1. There are no "threads" or "discussions" over Theo's end product, as he's scored 11 goals already and numerous assists if you've been paying attention. You probably haven't.

2. The discussion over our defence this season has primarily been about our partnerships and our new signings. Good things have been said about Djourou and how he has come on in the absence of Vermaelen to be a vital player at the back. We already know what our strongest current partnership is (Djourou and Kos) and which partnership should be avoided (Kos and Squill). We know the GK pecking order too. You're imagining that we're debating about this every week or so.

3. There's no annual debate about Rosicky's purpose, after his injury most fans knew about the likely fact he wouldn't get back to how he was and are aware he is now a squad player. Only this season has he truly annoyed everyone with his invisible man style of play, which has become detrimental.

4. There are also no specific threads wondering if Cesc is about to leave, but mainly how Barcelona have been acting towards us in the last year, if Cesc is a good captain, etc. Most have accepted that he could eventually return there in the future, with us probably having our future replacement/s ready from the club.

You say you're here, but it's clear that you're not concerntrating on what's actually being talked about this season.

dreamLord

Established Member
Stop being overly pedantic OTBAGG, so what if there haven't been threads? Those topics HAVE been discussed to death many times on the boards and that's a fact.

Back on topic, Wenger's post match comments :lol:
Mathematically, we [have] lost two points but psychologically we have won a point because when you are 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go, you are not to unhappy to come back.

No, it's 2 points anyway you look at it. Psychological points aren't going to win you much Wenger, please stop with the ****ing spirit and belief crap already. Sometimes it's good to know that clowns are clowns.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
If Wenger did that we wouldn't win another football game all season, and we can't afford that with City and/or Chelsea breathing down our neck. As many mistakes as he's made in recent times, him blaming the players won't do us any good now* with our already low confidence. The best thing he can do is to get rid of all the dead wood in the summer, now is not the time.

* Blaming the players in public, that is. Some of them deserve a bollocking but there's no need to go public with it.

Top Bottom