• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

| West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal | 15:00 19 March 2011 |

mo50

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Yeah think so.
Arsène said two weeks after the Barca match, so I don't think he'll be fit for this.

Let's hope Arsène is smart enough to say two or more weeks or so on Friday during his press conference, so that Fabs won't be involved in Spain's matches.

Yeah, that would be the logical thing to do.

What about Theo? Its been 3 weeks already. We need an injection of pace up top

blaze_of_glory

What I'd like to see considering who we have available:

---------Almunia---------
Sagna--Squid--Kos--Clichy
-----Ramsey--Wilshere----
Bendtner--Nasri---Arshavin
----------RvP-------------

What we'll probably get:

------Diaby--Wilshere----
Nasri---Rosicky---Arshavin
---------RvP--------------

Compromise if I can get Arsène on the phone and chat him up:

Nasri---Ramsey---Arshavin
---------RvP-------------

silent_shadow

Established Member
blaze_of_glory said:
What I'd like to see considering who we have available:

-----Ramsey--Wilshere----
Bendtner--Nasri---Arshavin
----------RvP-------------

What we'll probably get:

Nasri---Rosicky---Arshavin
---------RvP--------------

Compromise if I can get Arsène on the phone and chat him up:

Nasri---Ramsey---Arshavin
---------RvP-------------

I like your compromise best. Arsène has no excuse not to start Ramsey for this.

Humble Rex

Established Member
It makes sense that Rambo starts, since both Diaby and Denilson have been s.hit lately - therefore, Rambo on the bench. Easy Wenger logic.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah the compromise one is probably better I guess... stupid Diaby....

Ok right, I'll just ring Arsène and let him know what we all think.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
blaze_of_glory said:

Let's hope he treats his blackberry better than his water bottles.

blaze_of_glory

redwhiteAustrian said:
blaze_of_glory said:

Let's hope he treats his blackberry better than his water bottles.

Oh I imagine he would. Those things aren't cheap and lord knows he's not one to throw money around.

bazza_afc

This is Arsène's biggest game of his Arsenal career since Paris, we have to win this, I dread to think the consequences of not winning this game so I won't.

Win this, get through the international break, we can regroup & go from there.

-Shaun-

Let's just get three points. I don't care about how we play or how on earth we do it, just please get the win Arsenal.

Almunia
Sagna / Squillaci / Koscielny / Clichy
Wilshere / Diaby
Ramsey
Nasri / Van Persie (c) / Arshavin

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
DaG said:
bazza_afc said:
This is Arsène's biggest game of his Arsenal career since Paris
Sure...

I wouldn't scoff... Then man isn't far off tbh.

I wouldn't say it was this game because we'd still be very much in the title race mathematically, although we know we'd be screwed in reality should we blow it at the Hawthorns.

It's fair to say that these next few games are the most important since Paris, though. Arsène's under the most pressure he's ever been under right now.

AshburtonGhost

**** it, go all out -

-----------------Almunia
Sagna Squillaci Koscielny Clichy
Nasri Ramsey Wilshere Arshavin
-----------Bendtner v.Persie

yuvken

Established Member
I'm not laughing - maybe not The Biggest Game since Paris, but given our GK, D and mid absentees,
the presumed equality at the top and the opportunity it presents (psychology, etc.) - this is a combination of a huge hurdle and a must win (yeah, we always say "must win". But if we don't win this, it would be a psychological blow both for missing the chance and for the mountain left to climb; and a big boost to our rivals - for the exact opposite - dodging the trap and "having it in their hands").
On top of these, this is the first game after the 2 weeks-3 competitions, the first when we only have one thing to focus on, which is the biggest prize anyway. Throw in the result at the Grove, if you're not convinced - this is a big game.

Agree with the above support for "compromise", which is the best anyway. 433-442 is over rated IMO, as Arsh and Nas are anyway the guys on the flanks. In the end it's a choice of Ramsey or Bendtner. No brainer.

Keys-
negative: No - Al wonder moments, Kos-Squill capitulation.
Positive: Rambo's form and partnership with Jack. Diaby (only one word, but probably the biggest issue).
and sure - taking our chances. This is a game both teams will score in (probably), we need to score 2 or 3.

Last but not least - No injuries. lose one of VP, Nas, Kos or Jack and our season is well and truly over. Arsh and even Al (!) are also crucial at this point.

3 points and we can look positively ahead. The break will give time for Cesc, Song, Theo and perhaps even Chez to heal (TV? that could be the icing). Big game, big test for us.

Y va marquer

Established Member
In terms of profile and prestige this game is not up there with Paris but in terms of it's importance for our title challenge and the success or failure of this whole season it's crucial.

Emotionally we as fans would be fairly wiped out by another loss even though technically it would not be the end of our title hopes if we were to lose.
There is already quite a lot of animosty building towards certain players and Wenger too, another loss could only serve to deepen this division, ironically at a time when the team would benefit most from support.

Anything less than a win, preferably a win that shows that the team mean business and are recovering from the trauma of recent results, would be hard to take.

The pressure on players to perform is now huge, they must be
feeling it, so the effects of a loss on them could derail a challenge that since Christmas has been consistent and strong. Outside of the Cup competitions our form has been good, the best in the league over the last eight matches.
We need to maintain this at all costs, doing so will take something that in previous seasons we have lacked: the ability to drag ourselves through games and secure three points when key players are missing.

We are never going to win anything if we don't learn how to cope with adversity.

On paper even without Cesc, Theo, Song, Djourou and Sczcesny we should have the strength to beat WBA - we need to see proof of this in our performance on Saturday.

mistaT

Established Member
If Squilaci f*cks this one up I won't even blame him, I'll be looking directly at Wenger.

Get the win, get to the international break and please oh please get Song/Theo/Cesc back and healthy for the run in.

C'mon now!

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Providing Cesc and Song are out, I want to see this:

-----------Almunia
Sagna Squillaci Koscielny Clichy
--------Diaby Wilshere
------------Ramsey
----Nasri van Persie Arshavin

With Ramsey in Diaby's position when Cesc gets back and Song for Squillaci. No reason to drop Almunia now, but I'd be interested in seeing what Jens could do for us, as well. I hope he plays a few games at least.

Only 10 games to go. We can do it!

Top Bottom