West Ham v Arsenal Saturday 15th Jan 2011 17:30 ESPN

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by mo50, Jan 13, 2011.

1. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

Reckon this team could give Barca a game.

2. goonerwarsh

goonerwarsh Well-Known Member Trusted

Well played the arse!!! Nice win. Poor avram

3. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

With everyone fit, I agree.

4. 1970*Gooner

1970*Gooner Member

True, didn't have much support from Eboue though.

5. mrsvanpersie

mrsvanpersie New Member

Great result. Nice to see RvP find his form again.

6. OohtobeaGoonerGal

OohtobeaGoonerGal Member Trusted

Nice...

7. qs

qs New Member Elite

Don't know. WHU had absolutely nothing going forward, you look at the mess on the right of the defence today and imagine Messi in there.

8. -vapour-

-vapour- New Member

Tad knee jerk after what was being said following the FA Cup and Carling Cup games. But you know we will up our game for Barca and I do believe we will give them a game and I will always feel we can beat them. I've said this since the draw when everyone was whinging.

9. Double_H

Double_H New Member

Dj played his worst game of the season

10. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

Really enjoyed that game. When this team gets it right they are the best team in the league, no doubt in my mind about that.

Our front 6 were outstanding yet again. I hope to watch those guys dominating the opposition for years to come.

11. Gonner_88

Gonner_88 New Member

We didn't play our first team against Leeds or Ipswich. What he meant was that if we start the same team like Today (bar Eboue) then we can give Barcelona a game.

12. otfgoon

otfgoon New Member

Great win considering our attack is crap, van Persie has no right foot, and Walcott will never win a penalty again.

13. Dennis10

Dennis10 Member

Come on, don't take the spark out of the never ending RvP-debate by being all open minded about it! give Ricky a reason to enter the thread by telling us what Robin did wrong :)

Beautiful, composed and convincing game. I've got faith we'll win a trophy this season.

14. Gonner_88

Gonner_88 New Member

Nice one Otf :lol:

15. OohtobeaGoonerGal

OohtobeaGoonerGal Member Trusted

We literally had the ball for 4 minutes straight (from 82 mins to 86 mins) and one of the live texts reckoned there was about 50 passes in there.

16. mo50

mo50 Active Member Elite

They're so young too. Keep this front 6 together and we'll be laughing for years.

17. There is light

There is light New Member

Great result, jack wilshere was immense! I think the rest of our attack needs no judging, and commenting upon, we were still very wasteful i thought!! This was as easy a victory away to upton park as they come. Djourou had some weak moments but his run into the box pleased me.
    Felt bad for avram and bridge though, no particular reason, don't even like any of them.

18. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

Far more comfortable with Robin taking the pen's ahead of Cesc, even though Cesc has scored a few. Just a feeling when RVP steps up that it's in.

19. There is light

There is light New Member

Ya, robin is just brilliant with the dead ball, that was nearly the perfect height for a penalty, curling in, perfect. Fabregas' penalties are accurate but you can never be as confident about them as with robin.

20. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

Have to love RVP's celebrations too......:lol:.....he feels it. Seems like he's sticking it to the opposition fans which I like.