West Ham v Arsenal Saturday 15th Jan 2011 17:30 ESPN

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by mo50, Jan 13, 2011.

1. IBL

IBL New Member Elite

It's the ultimate insult to the oppossing team, saying that we're so dominant we can bring on our jogging man.

Another good away result for us even if it is against a struggling team, derbies are never simple. Sounds like Djourou played badly but he must be tiring considering the number of games he's played recently, could do with some resting. Cant wait to see RvP highlights, looks as if he's entering the purple patch which is almost inevitably followed by his mandatory injury...just need some more goals out of him before he does go back to his second home on the injury bench.

2. OohtobeaGoonerGal

OohtobeaGoonerGal Member Trusted

Robin's technique on penalties is unmatchable in this squad, so many times he will leave the goalkeeper without hope and that shows in the confidence with how he takes them.

3. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

What did Denilson do wrong?

Got skinned once by some bulldozer. Also kept it simple and played a superb pass with his left foot to Theo.......a forward pass which he can't do apparently.

4. Shue

Shue New Member Elite

@OptaJoe Opta Sports
    3 - Arsenal have now kept three successive clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time since February 2009. Tight.

5. mistaT

mistaT New Member Trusted

Loved Nasri's corner and free kicks....time to stop letting Cesc take any dead ball situations.

RVP looked the part.....its not just his touch (beautiful for Song's touch) but his off ball movement. Can only imagine how frustrating it is to play against him.

Good, solid game with the proper work etiquette/level needed for a team like West Ham.

6. There is light

There is light New Member

Everyone is quite obsessed about abusing denilson for any reason actually. He is just the perfect scapegoat for every occasion. I think he hasn't performed as badly, it's just that he is a player with a limited skillset and you know what you are going to get from him, anyone think alex 'revelation' song can help him improve his positional play in attack ?

7. mo50

mo50 Active Member Elite

To be fair, the Denilson bashing today wasn't deserved at all. I can only think of the one time he lost a battle, and judging by the size of that West Ham player, only Song would stand a chance. He kept the ball moving and helped us retain possession as the game came to an end.

8. Jbruin

Jbruin New Member

It wasn't really a battle, Nouble just ran through him like he wasn't there.

9. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

Some of you really need help.

10. Herbas

Herbas New Member

absolutely agree...

[​IMG]

11. Gonner_88

Gonner_88 New Member

One player during the game ran past Cesc like he wasn't there....didn't hear any complaints then....same thing happened to RVP and Nasri atleast once etc.

He's not a great player...we get that but sometimes the criticism's are uncalled for like in this case.

BTW Congrats on promotion Bruin ;)

12. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

To elaborate, I mean this team - Sczeney, Sagna, Djourou, Koscielny (hopefully new CB), Clichy, Nasri, Walcott, Song, Jack, Cesc, Robin.

13. ricky1985

ricky1985 Active Member Elite

:D

I'm just very pleased with how we played. A great win and a great performance. Well done boys!

14. Shue

Shue New Member Elite

Who needs help and with what? Enlighten us?

15. OohtobeaGoonerGal

OohtobeaGoonerGal Member Trusted

Apparently Cesc brought up the fact that we threw a 2-0 lead there last season, in his half-time talk.

16. McIntyre

McIntyre Well-Known Member

Good, solid 3 points. Delighted with that result. Puts pressure on United tomorrow and keeps us in the position to overtake City. :D

West Ham were generally woeful, but we still had to get the job done. RVP, Nasri, Cesc, Theo, Wilshere and Clichy too, were excellent.

I just hope Arsène takes the momentum of this win into the Leeds game and doesn't change things too much.

17. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

Sums it up for me.
    Recorded the game & thought it felt like a training run - we looked very good at times but overall only did what we needed to to beat a relegation team.
    Noticed that at half time 78% of our attacks were through the middle, and IMO we are VERY reliant upon the Jack-Song-Cesc midfield for our game to click.

18. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

First really convincing win in how long? I know Brum was 3-0 too, but it just didn't have the same air of dominance about it as this did.

Yes, I know West Ham are diabolical, but this is all about building confidence and ticking boxes.

RvP's grinding into form and looking more mobile with every game. He's a match winner that we have back now. Cesc is yet to hit the heights this season, but will. There's a lot to look forward too.

19. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

There usually is - but too often it fails to be delivered for whatever reason/s.

20. Gooner_Stu

Gooner_Stu Active Member

Wonderful game to watch though, well unless you support West Ham ofcourse.

Shame we couldnt have bettered out goal difference, but 3 points is what counts, and RVP scored in open play. He needs to keep that fitness up and he'l bang 'em in, we know he can do 1 of the 2, just needs to fullfill that potential!! Other good news is that Sagna's ban ends (domestically, but sadly not for the CL!!! :cry:) now, so we're better at the back.