• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham v Arsenal Saturday 15th Jan 2011 17:30 ESPN

IBL

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Denilson

<shaking his head>
It's the ultimate insult to the oppossing team, saying that we're so dominant we can bring on our jogging man.

Another good away result for us even if it is against a struggling team, derbies are never simple. Sounds like Djourou played badly but he must be tiring considering the number of games he's played recently, could do with some resting. Cant wait to see RvP highlights, looks as if he's entering the purple patch which is almost inevitably followed by his mandatory injury...just need some more goals out of him before he does go back to his second home on the injury bench.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Robin's technique on penalties is unmatchable in this squad, so many times he will leave the goalkeeper without hope and that shows in the confidence with how he takes them.

fabo

6.51 / 10
What did Denilson do wrong?

Got skinned once by some bulldozer. Also kept it simple and played a superb pass with his left foot to Theo.......a forward pass which he can't do apparently.

Shue

Established Member
@OptaJoe Opta Sports
3 - Arsenal have now kept three successive clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time since February 2009. Tight.

mistaT

Established Member
Loved Nasri's corner and free kicks....time to stop letting Cesc take any dead ball situations.

RVP looked the part.....its not just his touch (beautiful for Song's touch) but his off ball movement. Can only imagine how frustrating it is to play against him.

Good, solid game with the proper work etiquette/level needed for a team like West Ham.

There is light

Everyone is quite obsessed about abusing denilson for any reason actually. He is just the perfect scapegoat for every occasion. I think he hasn't performed as badly, it's just that he is a player with a limited skillset and you know what you are going to get from him, anyone think alex 'revelation' song can help him improve his positional play in attack ?

mo50

Established Member
To be fair, the Denilson bashing today wasn't deserved at all. I can only think of the one time he lost a battle, and judging by the size of that West Ham player, only Song would stand a chance. He kept the ball moving and helped us retain possession as the game came to an end.

Herbas

fabo said:
Have to love RVP's celebrations too......:lol:.....he feels it. Seems like he's sticking it to the opposition fans which I like.

absolutely agree...

rvpopt2.gif

Gonner_88

Established Member
Jbruin said:
It wasn't really a battle, Nouble just ran through him like he wasn't there.

One player during the game ran past Cesc like he wasn't there....didn't hear any complaints then....same thing happened to RVP and Nasri atleast once etc.

He's not a great player...we get that but sometimes the criticism's are uncalled for like in this case.

BTW Congrats on promotion Bruin ;)

patrick42uk

Established Member
-vapour- said:
patrick42uk said:
Reckon this team could give Barca a game.

Tad knee jerk after what was being said following the FA Cup and Carling Cup games. But you know we will up our game for Barca and I do believe we will give them a game and I will always feel we can beat them. I've said this since the draw when everyone was whinging.

To elaborate, I mean this team - Sczeney, Sagna, Djourou, Koscielny (hopefully new CB), Clichy, Nasri, Walcott, Song, Jack, Cesc, Robin.

ricky1985

Established Member
Dennis10 said:
outlaw_member said:
Quality performance, and glad to see van Persie shut me up for a while.

Come on, don't take the spark out of the never ending RvP-debate by being all open minded about it! give Ricky a reason to enter the thread by telling us what Robin did wrong :)

Beautiful, composed and convincing game. I've got faith we'll win a trophy this season.
:D

I'm just very pleased with how we played. A great win and a great performance. Well done boys!

McIntyre

Established Member
Good, solid 3 points. Delighted with that result. Puts pressure on United tomorrow and keeps us in the position to overtake City. :D

West Ham were generally woeful, but we still had to get the job done. RVP, Nasri, Cesc, Theo, Wilshere and Clichy too, were excellent.

I just hope Arsène takes the momentum of this win into the Leeds game and doesn't change things too much.

Anzac

Established Member
McIntyre said:
Good, solid 3 points. Delighted with that result. Puts pressure on United tomorrow and keeps us in the position to overtake City. :D

West Ham were generally woeful, but we still had to get the job done. RVP, Nasri, Cesc, Theo, Wilshere and Clichy too, were excellent.

I just hope Arsène takes the momentum of this win into the Leeds game and doesn't change things too much.

Sums it up for me.
Recorded the game & thought it felt like a training run - we looked very good at times but overall only did what we needed to to beat a relegation team.
Noticed that at half time 78% of our attacks were through the middle, and IMO we are VERY reliant upon the Jack-Song-Cesc midfield for our game to click.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
First really convincing win in how long? I know Brum was 3-0 too, but it just didn't have the same air of dominance about it as this did.

Yes, I know West Ham are diabolical, but this is all about building confidence and ticking boxes.

RvP's grinding into form and looking more mobile with every game. He's a match winner that we have back now. Cesc is yet to hit the heights this season, but will. There's a lot to look forward too.

Anzac

Established Member
The Jury said:
First really convincing win in how long? I know Brum was 3-0 too, but it just didn't have the same air of dominance about it as this did.

Yes, I know West Ham are diabolical, but this is all about building confidence and ticking boxes.

RvP's grinding into form and looking more mobile with every game. He's a match winner that we have back now. Cesc is yet to hit the heights this season, but will. There's a lot to look forward too.

There usually is - but too often it fails to be delivered for whatever reason/s.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Wonderful game to watch though, well unless you support West Ham ofcourse.

Shame we couldnt have bettered out goal difference, but 3 points is what counts, and RVP scored in open play. He needs to keep that fitness up and he'l bang 'em in, we know he can do 1 of the 2, just needs to fullfill that potential!! Other good news is that Sagna's ban ends (domestically, but sadly not for the CL!!! :cry:) now, so we're better at the back.

Top Bottom