• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is your preferred midfield?

What three players would you prefer to start in midfield?

• Xhaka

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Torreira

Votes: 147 86.0%
  • Özil

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Guendouzi

Votes: 73 42.7%
  • Willock

Votes: 99 57.9%
  • Ceballos

Votes: 154 90.1%

• Total voters

Toast

Established Member
Today just reaffirmed that there's little point in playing both Xhaka and Guendouzi. It should be either/or and Guendouzi is better. We also seemed to play Toreira as an attacking 8 or as 10 today, which made no sense. Completely negated his strengths. I don't see the point in playing him if we don't play him as a 6.

So if Emery insists on going with this flat(ish) midfield three it has to be Guendouzi-Willock-Ceballos.

Gunner-Union

As others have said we def could do with a powerful athletic dm who Slow and can track back with speed and urgency

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’ll chop and change with form but going by today’s game.

Gunedouzi, Torreria, Willock/Ceballos

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Guendouzi Torreira and Ceballos is our most balanced midfield on paper. A mobile playmaker, a strong tackler, and a creative ball carrier. Willock could easily swap with any of them as well in my opinion

I don't think a combination exists which can cover up Xhaka's deficiencies

HBL

Established Member
Guendouzi, Torreira & Ceballos I think. Depth is strong, Xhaka is frustrating & can still be of use against weaker teams/EL matches.

blaze_of_glory

Ceballos-Xhaka
-----Özil-------

I want to see that next home match.

There's a reason Xhaka always plays despite his mistakes. It's because we always look like pure crap without him, no structure to be had.

teamsoutheast

I chose Torreira/Guendouzi/Ceballos. I would rotate Willock and Guendouzi. I do wonder if Özil could play in a midifeld 3 though. If the 4-3-3 works well for us going forward, he could be a casualty.

blaze_of_glory

Torreira looks to be the odd man out I think if Willock is allowed to push on and/or Ceballos drops back to CM where he probably should be. Emery bigging up Özil yesterday suggests he's going slot back in. We're already seeing Lucas not getting full 90s.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
We lacked a final ball today. So I want either Özil or ceballos in any 3. There's a lack of creativity without them. With a front three like ours it seems masochistic to not give them some consistent supply.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom