• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

When should Arsène Wenger have left ??

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah probably right dat. Happy that me boi is doing well and a starter for Valencia though, obviously not a bad CB at all

The dagger through the heart mistake though was buying Mustafi, Perez and Xhaka in 2016, should have put all that money towards Van Dijk, that could have changed quite a lot for us.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Why does anybody need blame? I mean from 2006 on Wenger had to play kids, sign guys like Kos, Giroud etc who were not top established players. Lack of finances meant it was a team of misfits, you get mistakes and bad results with teams like this.

What games are you going to win and what mistakes are you avoiding with an 18 year old Ramsey, Clichy, Walcott, Almunia, Song etc.

I don’t blame the manager or players, it was just the situation we were in. The move from Highbury made us a **** club, which we all knew would happen, but we’re still not out of that 15 years on.

But those bad results and mistakes continued when those players matured and once he had money to buy established players.

One fault of Arsène was his faith in subpar and injury prone players, he'd go into seasons hoping Ramsey and Wilshere would stay fit for example.

Tbh though injuries were always our biggest burden, never seen a team with all their best players injured at once as much as Arsenal.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Not to mention he was always crying, remember he cried in front of the whole team when trying to give a speech? Or when he cried because his kid asked him why he's so sh*t? That is not an inspiring leader.

Must respect the big **** energy from the kid tho, just blatantly calling out his dad and his mates. A kid BigPoppa would be proud of, i reckon. Takes no prisoners

BigPoppaPump

The dagger through the heart mistake though was buying Mustafi, Perez and Xhaka in 2016, should have put all that money towards Van Dijk, that could have changed quite a lot for us.

This song is like Arsenal fans anthem:

BigPoppaPump

Must respect the big **** energy from the kid tho, just blatantly calling out his dad and his mates. A kid BigPoppa would be proud of, i reckon. Takes no prisoners

His wife must be a G, I'd have that kid in our CB before Koscielny.

Everyone here thinks I'm a meathead though, ok yes I may be partial to the Patrick Vieira's of the world but I love Santi too!

GDeep™

League is very weak
But those bad results and mistakes continued when those players matured and once he had money to buy established players.

One fault of Arsène was his faith in subpar and injury prone players, he'd go into seasons hoping Ramsey and Wilshere would stay fit for example.

Tbh though injuries were always our biggest burden, never seen a team with all their best players injured at once as much as Arsenal.
Agree he was loyal to players a little too long. But was that because he went soft or because he was restricted with money? Even today the manager at Arsenal is restricted for cash.

BigPoppaPump

Agree he was loyal to players a little too long. But was that because he went soft or because he was restricted with money? Even today the manager at Arsenal is restricted for cash.

We spent 100m on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez back when 100m was a lot still. I agree that our board is tight but we've splashed money over the years just to get worse.

Once we got money we started signing bums like Xhaka, Mustafi, Lacazette, Torreira, Luiz, Sokratis etc at least with the Fabregas generation they were youth players or cheap.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off

We all know Diaby was a great player whenever fit but the problem was he was hardly fit and Arsène decided to pass out on many great midfielders and persist with him, completely ignoring his injury record

BigPoppaPump

We all know Diaby was a great player whenever fit but the problem was he was hardly fit and Arsène decided to pass out on many great midfielders and persist with him, completely ignoring his injury record

Then people act like I'm unreasonable for having trepidation with Kieran Tierney.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We spent 100m on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez back when 100m was a lot still. I agree that our board is tight but we've splashed money over the years just to get worse.

You could easily count the number of good transfer windows at the Emirates on one hand.

From Januray 2008 to summer 2008, we lost Diarra, Gilberto and Flamini and genuinely didn't buy a replacement for any of them...Almunia remained our starting keeper for almost 4 seasons, when he left us he joined Watford in the Championship, couldn't even get a top division team to sign him but he was STARTING at Arsenal only 12 months prior ffs...our centre forward depth from 2012-2016 was a joke, in 2014 Bendtner was somehow still our back up to Giroud :lol:

The stadium move has been a study on how to perfectly ruin a top club.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From 2006-2013 Wenger did amazing.
The only quarrel I have with him during that period was why TF did he keep Gallas after that Birmingham debacle?

Immediately the purse strings were loosened in 2013, we began to spend money on dross. It was almost as if he was so used to being thrifty that he didn't know what to do with the money.

From 2013-2018, how many transfers did Wenger get right?

I'd say Sanchez, Özil(At the time) and Santi.

So he can't escape culpability. He was rewarding bums like Elneny with new contract and His set up was questionable and dubious.

I know our defense making mistakes was not his fault, but he didn't put in a good structure and framework for them to operate. Watching our defense, it was almost as if there was no organization. Yes, the quality was lacking but I saw some teams with worse defenders than us better together as a unit.

Last edited:

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
From 2006-2013 Wenger did amazing.
The only quarrel I have with him during that period was why TF did he keep Gallas after that Birmingham debacle?

Immediately the purse strings were loosened in 2013, we began to spend money on dross. It was almost as if he was so used to being thrifty that he didn't know what to do with the money.

From 2013-2018, how many transfers did Wenger get right?

I'd say Sanchez, Özil(At the time) and Santi.

So he can't escape culpability. He was rewarding bums like Elneny with new contract and His set up was questionable and dubious.

I know our defense making mistakes was not his fault, but he didn't put in a good structure and framework for them to operate. Watching our defense, it was almost as if there was no organization. Yes, the quality was lacking but I saw some teams with worse defenders than defender better together as a unit.
IMO

1996-2006 world class manager
2006-2011 world class coach
2011-2014 good coach
2014-2018 average coach

Corbulo

Wenger should have shaved his head, began a public extramarital affair with Carol Vorderman, take steroids and grow a 5-inch beard in length. A new style of charismatic domination: no more classy, father figure Wenger, the time of breastfeeding under-performing players has come to an end.

It's time for the manipulative, ruthless, sadistic, sexually depraved, wild, terrifying, driven by rage, amplified to the point of madness version of Arsène Wenger. Little to no tolerance for incompetence.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
One huge black mark against Wenger was his transfer dealings. He would cut of his own nose to spite his face. Didnt believe in paying agents over the top or parents to get the deal over the line.

In 2016 he had the chance to sign Mbappe who wanted to come to Arsenal if reports are to believed (who knows). Refused to pay a 7m commission fee. No let's think about this.

Summer 2015/16 we signed Mo Elneny for around £8m.

So to get Mbappe over the line we needed to throw in basically a Mo Elneny. Wenger choose not too.

If we sign Mbappe in 2016 and he even performed to 70% of what he has we are talking about 2 things. Today having the most valuable player in the world.....or we sold Mbappe maybe last year for what maybe 120-130m (on the basis maybe he didnt do as well for us or in the league which is downplaying the potential).

130m would have given us a decent chance of grabbing 3 top players. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but for those that say Wenger had an eye for talent should think of the players he signed in his last 10 years when it took real genius to identify talent and get it over the line.

Nothing hard about identifying talent when you are the only manager in the league that has deep contacts in the French player market.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
One huge black mark against Wenger was his transfer dealings. He would cut of his own nose to spite his face. Didnt believe in paying agents over the top or parents to get the deal over the line.

In 2016 he had the chance to sign Mbappe who wanted to come to Arsenal if reports are to believed (who knows). Refused to pay a 7m commission fee. No let's think about this.

Summer 2015/16 we signed Mo Elneny for around £8m.

So to get Mbappe over the line we needed to throw in basically a Mo Elneny. Wenger choose not too.

If we sign Mbappe in 2016 and he even performed to 70% of what he has we are talking about 2 things. Today having the most valuable player in the world.....or we sold Mbappe maybe last year for what maybe 120-130m (on the basis maybe he didnt do as well for us or in the league which is downplaying the potential).

130m would have given us a decent chance of grabbing 3 top players. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but for those that say Wenger had an eye for talent should think of the players he signed in his last 10 years when it took real genius to identify talent and get it over the line.

Nothing hard about identifying talent when you are the only manager in the league that has deep contacts in the French player market.
I don’t believe the am sole rumors tbh. The closest he was to playing in England was when he had a trial at Chelsea in 2010

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don’t believe the am sole rumors tbh. The closest he was to playing in England was when he had a trial at Chelsea in 2010

Not AM rumours its was widely reported. Bottom line. Arsenal and Wenger missed a huge trick.

BigPoppaPump

You could easily count the number of good transfer windows at the Emirates on one hand.

From Januray 2008 to summer 2008, we lost Diarra, Gilberto and Flamini and genuinely didn't buy a replacement for any of them...Almunia remained our starting keeper for almost 4 seasons, when he left us he joined Watford in the Championship, couldn't even get a top division team to sign him but he was STARTING at Arsenal only 12 months prior ffs...our centre forward depth from 2012-2016 was a joke, in 2014 Bendtner was somehow still our back up to Giroud :lol:

The stadium move has been a study on how to perfectly ruin a top club.

When you actually sit back and look at some of the players that got regular playing time at Arsenal it’s actually insulting. We paid the highest tickets in the country to watch Almunia and Bendtner. Really quite disrespectful and makes you feel for Arsène.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When you actually sit back and look at some of the players that got regular playing time at Arsenal it’s actually insulting. We paid the highest tickets in the country to watch Almunia and Bendtner. Really quite disrespectful and makes you feel for Arsène.
Well, he had a chance to bring in Alonso, but he refused

Top Bottom