• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) are you most excited to see in pre season? (Pre season thread)

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

With pre season up and coming, which player(s) are you most excited to see in action? I had youth players in mind when i created the thread but any player goes!

I myself hope to see Bielik, and Crowley the most out of the youngsters!

Last edited:

Prawn Sandwich

Can't wait for A.O.C to come back!

The flashes of technical brilliance are exciting. Here's hoping he really EXPLODES onto the big time next season without having injuries.

I want him to get a setback free run of games.
I want better stats than Sterling next season(!).
I want 2015/16 to be The Year of The Ox!

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Hope we'll get to see more of Chuba. The lad looked promising a couple of times he played, too raw still tho. Looks like he has the necessary skill set to succeed, just needs a bit of polishing. Wouldn't it be great for us to nurture a top English striker in the coming years?

I'm predicting Maitland-Niles, Zelalem and Crowley all to feature.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
2114340104219.JPG

GDeep™

League is very weak
Oxlade Chamberlain. Hopefully has a good pre season and that could be the base to him exploding next season.

He'll contibute, just needs to keep fit, this is where im hoping we'll further see the influence of Shad. Saw hints of it last season where Wenger took his time with players returning from injury, in previous years guys like Theo were straight back in the team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Welbeck too, lets see how he looks, and hopefully a good pre season gets the confidence up in him. Going to be a massive player if we don't sign a striker.

Pre season could also see shoot outs between Per/Gabriel, Debuchy/Bellerin, Monreal/Gibbs etc.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Too early for this. Not excited to see the kids but hope they do well If given the chance

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Too early for this. Not excited to see the kids but hope they do well If given the chance
Yeah i hesitated a bit on creating the thread thinking it was too early for it but what the hell i was too excited for the upcoming season!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mostly the youth players IMO, particularly Zelalem, Bielik, Iwobi, Maitland-Niles and Crowley. I'd also be interested to see Akpom doing well too before he goes on a loan (hopefully a good one).

Of the seniors, Gabriel, Welbeck, Ox and Wilshere hold the most interest in terms of how they will shape up for the start of the season. Most of all though, I want to see if we are going to build on the tactical set-up we attempted to employ for most of last season, with the high-pressing game being tried and tested more than a few times.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Might as well use this thread for pre-season, anybody got all our fixtures?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
July 15-Singapore XI
July 18-Barclays Asia Trophy Final
July 25/26-Emirates Cup
August 2-Community Shield v Chelsea
August 8-PL Season begins

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So only 5 friendly games including the CS? Seems short.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
So only 5 friendly games including the CS? Seems short.
The season starts fairly early which doesn't help much but our pre-season last year didn't have many matches either. There are a couple Arsenal XI ties against Bristol Rovers and Boreham Wood aswell, although probably youth players will play those ones.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Looks like half our squad will only get the Emirates cup games, the players who played in the Euro qualifying games will be back July 13th if they get four weeks off like Wenger said. The rest (Arteta, Per, Monreal etc) returned today I think, unless they get extra time off.

Chambers and Alexis should only miss the first two/three games of the season as well, back for Liverpool.

Top Bottom