<

Who starts alongside Partey?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by say yes, Oct 7, 2020.

?

Who would you start alongside Partey?

1. Xhaka

2. Elneny

3. Ceballos

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Well obviously Xhaka, Ceballos-Partey as a pivot doesn't complement each other well at all. Both are basically 8's. But we still could see some evolution in terms of the system that would mean 3 of them.

2. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Xhaka being our best midfielder is like saying Harry Maguire is Utd’s best centre back. It’s probably true but that’s something that has to change quickly if you want to be a serious club.

3. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Think we could see all three starting a lot of the time. Its quite flat as a midfield, but should provide a lot of control to games.

I'd like to see them all play at some stage, with Willian on the left coming between the lines with Auba at 9 and Pepe out wide providing 1v1 threat.

4. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

Ceballos please

Hopefully Xhaka is sold in the summer to pay for Ceballos permanently if he continues to improve with us

5. Gervais

Gervais Well-Known Member

Ceballos
    Xhaka - Partey
    Straightforward really.

6. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

I would like to see Xhaka, Partey, Özil in midfield together, but Arteta will probably go for Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos which lacks on the offensive side but we‘ll have 70% of the ball most of the time at least.

7. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Makes sense he wants to play with Xhaka. What better way to showcase how good you are than show the full range of your talents next to such a limited player?

I mean think back to when Cabellos came on vs Liverpool. The ability to play a forward pass really stood out after watching Xhaka and Elneny pass it sideways and backwards for 60 mins.

What a maestro. Unreal reading of the game within the game from our new guy Thomas.

RunTheTrap and Maybe like this.
  8. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

:rofl:

You wish.

9. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Are the two people who voted for Elneny (@razörist , @#254 ) trolling btw? Added that option as a joke and now I’m extremely worried I’m going to have to place the pair of you on my ignore / ridicule list.

Please confirm immediately. Thanks.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  10. Trilly

It will be Xhaka Partey which to me suggests we’ll be seeing a 434 sooner rather than later as he won’t leave out Ceballos out for long and I think Ceballos does have potential in the final third.

There’s a lot of overlap between Xhaka and Partey so I’m hoping that Xhaka becomes more adventurous with his passing like he used to be. Line breaking passes are pretty much the only thing he has over Partey so if he doesn’t showcase that then he’s kind of redundant.

11. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

How many of our midfielders is too much for Hertha? Sure there is room for two.

12. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Finally a goalkeeperless formation! I have been waiting for some out of the box thinking and tactics. ;)

balthazar and Trilly like this.
  13. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Well in, lad. Well in.

RunTheTrap likes this.
  14. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What do you think

Trilly and say yes like this.
  15. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

He can do both.

Riou likes this.
  16. Arseshavin

Arseshavin Active Member

Neither. He's a defensive midfielder who's main task is to protect the defense and hold his position.

Riou likes this.
  17. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Thomas Tuchel Stan Trusted

@Rex Banter

Arseshavin and Trilly like this.
  18. Trilly

How dare you.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  19. Trilly

Pirlo CR7 hybrid.

BigPoppaPump, asukru, Oxeki and 4 others like this.
  20. Divided_Pie

Divided_Pie Well-Known Member

It will depend on the competition and formation.

I think we'll see Partey - Ceballos against the bigger teams that press a lot. I think Xhaka will play against teams that don't press well.

Worth keeping in mind that both players didn't really excel until they were both playing deep in front of a back 3. Also interesting that Arteta has seemingly favored Elneny over both Ceballos and Xhaka in recent league matches. Xhaka was pulled against Liverpool and Ceballos started on the bench against Sheffield, while Elneny played the full 90 in both.

I personally don't want to see Ceballos or Xhaka play further forward in a 3. Neither one of them can make quick decisions and execute them with the compressed time and space available in the final 3rd. Both need time on the ball. Ceballos was tried at #10 and that experiment failed... he didn't start to thrive until he was played deeper.

Rather have Saka or Willian or even Özil playing higher up.