• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic Vs Arsenal FC | Sun,18th April, 13:30 | SS1

godfather

For Diaby, I didn't like(rate) him before but now I'm began to hate him. his attitude is just a disgrace. what a such lazy ****!!!
the 1st Wigan goal was one of the factor

Abs

Established Member
some guy put 3 pound on Wigan when it was 10 mins to go, the odds were 799/1....says everything you need to know when someone feels arsenal conceding 3 goals in the last 10 mins is not unthinkable tells you everything you need to know.

dutchMasta

Beeney said:
When have we looked close to winning something this season? I cannot actually remember a performance where we ever looked convincing. Most of the games we've won this season have onlt been by 1 goal.
It's a long time back, but we were thrashing teams left right center when we had RVP spearheading the attack. We definitely had a shot at the title this season, and even when it looked like we had lost it, we'd get a 2nd chance, even possibly a 3rd, but anyway, that's old news now, onto next season.

brady-hero said:
nothing to do with wenger dutchie, he's won heaps before, it's the lazy ass players we have now
Check outlaw's post on this page, describes exactly how I feel on the matter.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Accomplished said:
Quicker than Walcott said:
We could have Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Buffon, Vidic, Maicon and Ashley Cole in our team and it wouldn't change much. The entire club set up is wrong to the core. It's a rotten f****g core and it needs an overhaul. Unfortunately that would make us midtable for a long time.

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. Our club has a fantastic youth setup, a fantastic financial outlook, world class training facilities, world class stadium, what more do you want at our "core"

...and yes, we would win the league if we had those players.

what a stupid post. :roll:
A youth setup that produces players identical to the dross we see in our first team. A youth setup that produces a million 'creative' midfielders with no determined off the ball movement.

World class training facilities that accumulate 90+ injuries per season. World class training facilities that 'train' idiots like Fabianski and Almunia.

TomasCR

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Thats going OTT.

The core can be changed with a goalie, pitbull midfielder.
Yet you would want to get rid of 6 quality squad players as you hinted in the other thread.

IBL

Established Member
bojed said:
arsmile said:
bojed said:
A mate told me that Arsène said in the pre-match interview that fabianski would be his 1st keeper from now on until the end of the season.

Anybody can confirm this?

he did indicate that he wanted to give fabianski the games. but he also said that al was injured with the wrist thing that he's been playing with for a few months

Thanks mate.

Yea right the old "injured wrist" f*cking sh*t excuse by Wenger.

Buffon is on the leave now. Just f*cking buy him.
Where's a shaking head smilie when you need it - fabianski in goal til the end is gonna be painful

Accomplished

Established Member
Accomplished said:
We could have Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Buffon, Vidic, Maicon and Ashley Cole in our team and it wouldn't change much. The entire club set up is wrong to the core. It's a rotten f****g core and it needs an overhaul. Unfortunately that would make us midtable for a long time.

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. Our club has a fantastic youth setup, a fantastic financial outlook, world class training facilities, world class stadium, what more do you want at our "core"

...and yes, we would win the league if we had those players.

what a stupid post. :roll:
A youth setup that produces players identical to the dross we see in our first team. A youth setup that produces a million 'creative' midfielders with no determined off the ball movement.

World class training facilities that accumulate 90+ injuries per season. World class training facilities that 'train' idiots like Fabianski and Almunia.

training facilities which trained players like Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Fabregas, etc, etc. Stop being so short-sighted.

A youth setup which has brought us Fabregas already, and is producing other potentially fantastic players like Wilshere.

Cool off for a bit and stop talking about the whole club as if it's the end of the world. The fact is, we're all pissed off at this team, but our first XI (or even something that closeley resembles it) would have destroyed wigan today and that is the "core" of this football club. YES, it needs strengthening and I want some of our players to **** off, but stop spouting this nonsense as if the whole club is doomed...

algunner

Everyone knows we don't have defensive midfielders who are Muscular and athletic with good ball handling skills. That sums up the whole team problem add to that untalented cocky keeper and with no competition.
We only have Song as DM.....everyone else is weak, not athletic enough to defend and protect a scoring lead.

Wenger says that the premier league is getting competitive, faster, skillful. If you don't have the muscle to overcome them you are done esp. when playing 3time a week and they have once a week game........

I have another issue with Wengers policy....the players are young sure but they will never be 6ft and athletic anymore...they will grow technically but not physically and they are not going to win 50/50 challenges against Skillful, athletic opponents like manutd and Chelsea players.

dyeruz

Established Member
The point is not your superstars because all of ours are injured or recovering from injury, the point is what squad we have and how those players are being utilised, our midfield with exception of Eastmond are all converted central midfielders, ideally in Wenger world this means that all positions in midfield are occupied by players that can see and make a pass, perfect football, unfortunately this means we are static and dont have legs in midfield, will wenger get rid of all dead wood, or still make his pennies and pounds because finance is more important than winning things?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Said something like it is disappointing, he doesn't know what went wrong and he refuses to admit the title is over.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Third is safe so I think this result could be a positive if it leads to change. Wenger tends to be too complacent when it comes to transfers but results of this manner puts serious pressure on him to effect change.

I have to say as well, fair play to Roberto Martinez. In the 30 minutes or so when his team looked to be 2-0 down and going nowhere, he stayed positive and kept encouraging his team. It paid off in the end.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
On why Arsenal let a two-goal lead slip...
"I believe that we were not focussed and were not disciplined and we got caught. We were a bit unlucky as well but overall, in football you have to keep focussed for 90 minutes or you risk or a bit much, especially against a team who has nothing to lose and fights not to go down. They will not give up and in the end we were punished."

On if he ever thought the game was over...
"No, I never thought the game was over. I saw that we were having difficulties keeping the ball and creating opportunities. When you do not create chances in football you are in trouble. After we went 2-0 up our game lacked cohesion and discipline and I always felt that we could be punished."

On if he was expecting more from the two experienced centre-backs who were playing...
"I do not want to go into any individual judgement on today's performance. I feel they had quite a good performance and they were exposed a lot."

On what he said to his players after the game...
"I will keep that for myself."

On Arsenal's injury problems this season...
"I do not want to use the injuries as an excuse. When you are 2-0 up and you play for Arsenal Football Club I believe you would not use the injuries as an excuse when you lose the game."

On if his side need a new goalkeeper...
"Everybody has an opinion. I keep my opinion for myself and let everybody have different opinions. I believe you cannot say today we lost the game because of the goalkeeper."

On if his players thought they had the game won...
"I haven't spoken to them about that but at top-level competition you have to be focussed for 90 minutes or you can lose games."

On who he thinks will win the Premier League...
"I don't mind and I don't care."

On if a win would have put Arsenal back in the title race...
"Yes of course. If we had won the game today, yes."

On the other teams that could catch Arsenal...
"Sp**s can catch us, Manchester City can catch us. We have to win at least one game."

Abs

Established Member
progman07 said:
Has Wenger given an interview yet? Is he blaming the pitch or the referee today?

he didnt blame no one, just said its hard to understand what happend. Not much he can say, we need action in the summer

dyeruz

Established Member
algunner said:
Everyone knows we don't have defensive midfielders who are Muscular and athletic with good ball handling skills. That sums up the whole team problem add to that untalented cocky keeper and with no competition.
We only have Song as DM.....everyone else is weak, not athletic enough to defend and protect a scoring lead.

Wenger says that the premier league is getting competitive, faster, skillful. If you don't have the muscle to overcome them you are done esp. when playing 3time a week and they have once a week game........

I have another issue with Wengers policy....the players are young sure but they will never be 6ft and athletic anymore...they will grow technically but not physically and they are not going to win 50/50 challenges against Skillful, athletic opponents like manutd and Chelsea players.
I disagree, Rosicky put in some amazing tackles todayon Melchiot who's taller and more physical than him, but how often to you see Nasri, Walcott or Diaby make a tackle..heck even Clichy, Silvestre or sagna? Diaby seems to think he can use basketball technique by hoping his size will block off the angles to the pass instead of tackling the player. We let players waltz into the box untouched and no one puts in a tackle, it's not because they cant..it's because they dont want to..and that's a problem.

regele

Established Member
algunner said:
Everyone knows we don't have defensive midfielders who are Muscular and athletic with good ball handling skills..........
I also think that's a problem about this team, thinking about the physical presence we used to have in the Henry/Paddy days makes me sad.
dyeruz said:
I disagree, Rosicky put in some amazing tackles todayon Melchiot who's taller and more physical than him,
He also got muscled off the ball time and time again.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Rosicky always gets stuck in tbf.

You could question his overall effectiveness but he did work hard today.

regele

Established Member
On if he ever thought the game was over...
"No, I never thought the game was over. I saw that we were having difficulties keeping the ball and creating opportunities. When you do not create chances in football you are in trouble. After we went 2-0 up our game lacked cohesion and discipline and I always felt that we could be punished."
Wenger's interview is pretty spot on really, but this bit is baffling. Why didn't he try to change something if he saw that there was a problem?

banduan

Established Member
there was no issue with defensive midfield work. It was our movement both in offense and defense that was time and time again at the heart of the problem. That plus a laissez-faire attitude to attack once we were 2-0 up.

Top Bottom