• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic Vs Arsenal FC | Sun,18th April, 13:30 | SS1

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
patrick42uk said:
Quicker than Walcott said:
It's so clear now that to make our attack work we need someone with an excellent first touch as the centre forward (van Persie). Bendtner cannot play that role. End of story. I'd like him on the right wing though. Next season we need an alternative to RvP, someone also quite tall and with a great touch.

Yeah theres this guy in France that plays for Bordeaux. His name escapes me right now, Chamac or Chamaque or something.... Could be worth considering.
Haha yes perhaps, but is he really all that technically? I haven't seen enough of him. I can't emphasise enough that the first touch needs to be literally flawless.

Segway

Great to see Almunia dropped. Sol starting is good. Eastmond and Rosicky not so much though...

Wenger seems to have capitulated the title with this line up. Seems quite experimenting.

TomasCR

Established Member
Surely Almunia being dropped out of the squad means the end of him?

I mean, sure he's "injured", but... come on you Gunners!

GaelForce22

Established Member
I'd guess that Eduardo's failed a late fitness test or something, it doesn't make sense for him to be dropped.

And this has to be the end for Almunia, his Arsenal career looks like it'll finish the same way as Adebayor's.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gurgen said:
Big Poppa said:
This match is not quite a case of what might have been yet. 6 points off the top with a game in hand. Chelsea to play Liverpool away, Man U to play Sp**s. 12 points in our last 4 games could make things very interesting.

Silvestre mate, Silvestre :wink:
:lol: why did you have to kill the mood

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
:lol: Almunia dropped! Best news of the season so far.

Hope to see Vela and Merida

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
progman07 said:
USArsenal said:
Conor Henderson? who the f*ck is Conor Henderson?
A young central midfielder.
yeah, i meant besides the obvious... never even heard his name, even REMOTELY close to even the Carling Cup team.. surely we have others who could have filled a bench spot before him?

godfather

USArsenal said:
Conor Henderson? who the f*ck is Conor Henderson?

After signing scholarship forms with the Club last summer, Conor promptly made his Reserve team debut against Portsmouth in September.

Despite suffering a long-term knee injury, the cultured midfielder signed professional terms with the Club in January. He returned from injury towards the end of the season, coming on as a substitute in both legs of the FA Youth Cup Final, and the Premier Academy League Final.

Technically brilliant, Conor is equally adept in central midfield or wide on the left and has represented England and Republic of Ireland at youth level. He made his full debut for the Reserves in their first fixture of 2009/10 and more second-string outings will no doubt be forthcoming this season

from arse.com

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I think Henderson was on the bench for two of our Carling cup games this season. Not completely sure though.

He's a central midfielder anyway. Technically gifted with good distribution. I like him. He's been playing well next to Eastmond in the past.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
folks, my question about Henderson was facetious.. my point is, he didnt even make a reserve team match this year (so it seems from our official website) so how is it that he is on the bench for a Prem game?

we cant possibly have so many injuries that we are recruiting youth players without even reserve experience directly to the first team, can we?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom