• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal - Player Ratings Thread

Rocafella

Established Member
poor game really, doing our best to gift the title to united.

almunia - 6
sagna - 7
gallas - 7
senderos - 8
clichy - 5
flamini - 7
fabregas - 6
gilberto - 6
hleb - 4
adebayor - 3
bendtner - 6

gunnerGH

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 5
Gallas 7
Senderos 7
Clichy 6
Flamini 6
Fabregas 5
Hleb 6
Gilberto 3
Bendtner 5
Ade 5

RVP 5

Pitch 0

stiiphunn

Established Member
almunia - 6
sagna - 7
gallas - 7
senderos - 7
clichy - 5
flamini - 7
fabregas - 6
gilberto - 5
hleb - 3
adebayor - 3
bendtner - 6

nazo

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 6
Gallas 6
Senderos 6
Clichy 6
Flamini 5
Fabregas 5
Hleb 5
Gilberto 5
Bendtner 6
Ade 5
RVP 5
Toure 5

Dennis10

Almunia 7 - Some shady boxing, but good overall. Did well to deny Valenca.

Sagna 7 - Did well for me. Kept Koumas very quiet, but didn't have a great game offensively

Gallas 7 - Can't blame him for today's performance. Was solid.

Senderos 7 - Same as Gallas. Well, perhaps a notch over William.

Clichy 6 - Not a bad game, but did struggle a few times against Valencia.

Hleb 5 - I'm expecting too much of him perhaps, but when he doesn't play well Arsenal struggle.

Fabregas 6 - Sloppy passing but did put Adebayor beautifully through in the opening seconds. And he is till wasted on the right hand side!!

Flamini 7 - Was up for it and seemed to understand how important this game was.

Gilberto 5 - Slow, sloppy and creates absolutely nothing. You can argue he allows Flamini to go forward more often, but that's not enough in my opinion.

Adebayor 4 - Terrible game. Extremely sloppy, and didn't even work that hard. Not anywhere near what he should be doing in these very important matches.

Bendtner 6 - Struggled with the pitch, but won headers and worked hard. I thought he was ok.

Toure 6 - Didn't do much, so I can't really punish him.

Van Persie 7 - Nice touches and a couple of great balls. Could have been the difference if he had gotten the ball in the right postion more than that once. Didn't seemed to be bothered by the pitch at all and lounget at that shot near the end. Positive comeback.

Wenger 4 - I'm not happy with his line-up today. YOu coul argue he didn't have any alternatives but playing both Fabregas and Hleb out of normal positions is begging for our game to drop.

arsmile

Established Member
al- 7- fine

sag-6.5- fine defensive crosses wernt up to his standard

gallas-7- good

senderos-7-good, have got a 3 minor mistake quota that he has to reach every game though

clichy-6.5- just about dealt with valencia but did nothing in offense

cesc-6- whasteful

flamini-6.5- lots of energy but nothing else today

gilberto-2- ont like al the bashing of him, but he was terrible today, a number oftime the ball bobbled passed him but he couldnt sort his feet out quick enogh and it just went past him, let alone the number of times the ball was nicked off him

hleb-4.5- asbad as he's ever been, tried the same thing 12 times anit failed 12 times

ade-2- missed 2 shots that he shouldhave scored, not could have scored, should have- i might have even scored the irst one- poor intelligence both time in not lifting the ball- if he lifts it and it goes over the bar- fair enugh, at least he would have tried the right thing...diddnt touch the ball in the last half hour- sh*t attitude- gave up

bendtner-7- was a real threat upfront and helped in midfield, if he wasntbooked i think wenger might have stuck wit him...maybe not (rating might be a little high cos i'm comparing his performance to ades)

vanpersie-6- good to see him back, couple of good passes and corners- has forgotten how to shoot though

kolo-6- well at least we had someon on the wings

we play most of the time with 3 mobile CM playing (inc hleb, let say tom's injured)-add gilb (most defiatelly immobile)- and itis suc a redivulous formation with absolutely no width and just congestion- that means we rely on accurate short passes, and to go on the wigan pich with that gameplan hows complete tatical niavity, or worse arrogance (whoever weplay, however we lay, we ill beat them regardless of any variables)........poor all round

trisoman

We were incredibly generous today.

Almunia - 6.5. Did what he had to, came out quickly.

Senderos - 7, Milan game seems to have given him confidence.

Gallas - 7, didn't flub the lines.

Clichy - 7.5, beast on the left flank, made some good runs but why no crosses?

Sagna - 5.5. Ugh. Just, ugh.

Flamini - 6. Didn't see him, and not in a good way.

Fabregas - 6. Really should've tried to lift the ball over the keeper.

Hleb - 4.5. Horrid control, not in tune with Clichy and just... Too cute, didn't appreciate the style.

Gilberto - 4. Why have we not sold him yet?

Bendtner - 5.5. Not effective enough, sadly.

Adebayor - 5. In my defence I only watched the last 60 minutes, but what he did was horrid. Why we let him lead the line when he's on this kind of form I have no idea.

RvP - 6. At least he was shootin'.

Toure - 6.5. Did better than Gilberto, and on the right too.

Wenger - 0. Frankly, we know players will get injured, and we know that they will keep counter attacking. Yet we refuse to get rid of the older players, we refuse to bring in new blood and we blame the pitch or the referee for our own shortcomings. Especially frustrating given that we had a chance to build on Man Utd's tattered confidence, and we let it go.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 6.5
Sagna 6
Gallas 6.5
Senderos 6.5
Clichy 6
Gilberto 5
Flamini 5.5
Fabregas 6
Hleb 5
Bendtner 5.5
Adebayor 5

van Persie 5
Toure 5.5

qs

Established Member
almunia - 6 learn to catch
sagna - 7 ok
gallas - 7 ok
senderos - 7 ok
clichy - 7 ok
flamini - 6 looked very jaded in the second hald
fabregas - 6 poor when moved back into the middle, should've finished it off
gilberto - 5 fairly anonymous
hleb - 5 way below his usual standards, passing was dreadful
adebayor - 5 anonymous
bendtner - 5 final ball was terrible, never works hard enough

Rocafella

Established Member
Qs, i find it funny you say bendtner didn't work hard enough when for 90 mins ade was shanking everything that came his way and moping around throwing his arms up and acting like a prick while bendtner was running around closing down opposition players.

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Senderos 7
Clichy 5
Fabregas 5
Flamini 6
Gilberto 5
Hleb 3
Ade 5
Bendtner 5

RvP 7
Toure 6

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 8 - My MoM who didn't make a decent cross today. Says all about the team's attacking display.
Gallas - 6
Senderos - 6 - a bit shaky as Heskey kept man-playing the Swiss
Clichy - 7 - managed to hold his area together despite often being on his own (where's Hleb??)
Flamini - 6
Cesc - 6 - had a really off day
Gilberto - 6 - first half ok, looked tired in 2nd half
Hleb - 5 - simply couldn't perform in the buildup, too many misplaced passes. Truth is, Hleb's bad short passes made Clichy and Gilberto looking bad.
Ade - 6 - lively in first half, the gradually subdued under Melchoit's marking. Didn't even try to do his usual offball running to disrupt Wigan's buildup.
Bendtner - 6 - tried hard and did a lot of running to disrupt opposition's buildup from the back. Attacking-wise, Niklas contributed little.

Sub:
RvP - 6 - rusty.
Kolo - 5 - can't blame him

Wenger - 6 - Wenger should've asked Kolo to play RB and pushed Sagna forward when making substitutions. On the left, Hleb was not performing. In the central, Cesc and Flamini looked tired and were struggling with the pitch condition. On the right, very little effective buildup came from there. The team's attack might become better if Sagna going forward. He is the one with proven record in crossing from the byline.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Senderos 7
Clichy 6
Fabregas 6
Gilberto 5
Flamini 5.5
Hleb 4
Bendtner 6
Adebayor 4

van Persie 6
Touré 6

qs

Established Member
Rocafella said:
Qs, i find it funny you say bendtner didn't work hard enough when for 90 mins ade was shanking everything that came his way and moping around throwing his arms up and acting like a prick while bendtner was running around closing down opposition players.

Whats your problem? I gave them the same rating, they were both ****. Bendtner didn't run nearly enough, Ade didn't run much but he worked his arse off on Tuesday night, Bendter should be trying to prove something. Considering Ade has 19 goals this season I'm a little more forgiving of a bad game, Bendtner has a couple and thinks he's gods gift. The lads far from the player he thinks he is and in the last few weeks I don't think he's done nearly enough, 5th best forward in the team right now IMO.

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia - 6.5 - Catch the ball next time

Sagna - 7
Senderos - 8
Gallas -7 - I think hes picked up a knock...
Clichy 6.5 - Just about dealt with Valencia

Fabregas - 7 - Created our best chances/ tired
Flamini - 7 - Tired, but still did well
Gilberto - 5
Hleb - 5 - Tired

Ade - 5 - Tired
Bendtner 5 - Meh

Sub

RvP - 10 Didnt get injured

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Almunia 5.5 Catch the ball FFS.
Sagna 5
Gallas 7
Senderos 7
Clichy 5
Gilberto 4
Flamini 5.5
Fabregas 4
Hleb 4
Adebayor 4.5
Bendtner 5.5

van Persie 7
Toure n/a - Please Wenger don't do an Eboue on Toure.

lagos

Established Member
Despite the pitch, When we play Wigan Atletic and can only manage a draw and they hardly test our keeper, I cant see how anybody can deserve a 7

to me its 5s and 6s all round. Players should line up acording to number. the first 5 in the line get a 6 everyone else a 5

qs

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
Despite the pitch, When we play Wigan Atletic and can only manage a draw and they hardly test our keeper, I cant see how anybody can deserve a 7

to me its 5s and 6s all round. Players should line up acording to number. the first 5 in the line get a 6 everyone else a 5

Cant really criticise the defenders for the midfielders and the strikers problems. Clean sheet means the defenc, especially Gallas and Senderos have done their job.

lagos

Established Member
Thats why its a team sport QS. your get the glory and the agony of the actions of those around you. and since Im not impressed with the result and the defense were not under siege and thereby did not do anything extraordinary, they can pick their own rating out of 5 or 6 (thats all thats available)

Mostarac

Established Member
Almunia 7, Clichy 6, Gallas 7, Senderos 7, Sagna 6, Hleb 6, Cesc 6, Flamini 5, Gilberto 6, Bendtner 6 and Adebayor 6.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom