• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

regele

Established Member
awooga83 said:
See the problem is your talking about being 1 point behind United not being bad but a couple of weeks ago we were 5 clear so its relative considering where we were and having the title in our own hands to being in a situation where we have to now play the best we can every game is bad, at one stage we could have afforded to lose to United and still win the title.
I would rather say that the problem is that we're not 1 pt behind united, I say we wait and see what happens and then draw the line and see what we get.

Rohit

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
At least nobody can blame Eboue :lol:

Obviously we can and he should be blamed, had he not got that red, he would have been playing, with Cesc in the center and we would have won. :wink:

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Rohit said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
We lacked the right attitude today and and we weren't up for the fight.

What game were you watching, we didn't play our best football even for the pitch we were playing on, but questioning our attitude and desire and fight, what the f**k are you on about?
Our desire to fight to a lesser extend. Our attitude towards the game was piss poor.

The pitch was disgraceful but its no excuse for how bad we were all afternoon.

Awful performance.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I don't understand why some of you say our players weren't up for the fight today.
They gave absolutly everything till the end of the game after having a tough game in midweek. That's admirable. Look at Cesc's chance at the end and you'll see our players making full speed runs in order to support the attacking move..
Criticise their football skills if that pleases you, but to question their commitment is ridiculous and insulting.

hujja

Established Member
The pitch completely did it for me today.

Every time I saw Wigan hoof the ball forward I wanted to punch anyone associated with that club.

Gurgen

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Wigan had to play on that pitch as well mate. It's not as if it would have only affected us. We had chances to score and players had poor games.

We've lost and drawn on good pitches before Gurgen. If Wigan had a good pitch, it doesn't mean we would have won.

Oh dear Tony, do I really need to explain this?

Of course Wigan had to play on the pitch as well, but Wigan don't play football do they? They foul the other team and hoof it to some big ****er up front. So for them, that pitch is perfect.

If Wigan had a good pitch, it doesn't necessarily mean we would have won. But it would be far more likely don't you agree? Remember when Bendtner was through but the ball bounced up before he could square it? Remember when RvP worked space for a shot but the ball bounced up before he made contact?

We've drawn games on a good pitch before, but I fail to see how that is relevant. In most of those games we were lazy or uninspired. That was not the case today.

nazo

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Wigan had to play on that pitch as well mate. It's not as if it would have only affected us. We had chances to score and players had poor games.

We've lost and drawn on good pitches before Gurgen. If Wigan had a good pitch, it doesn't mean we would have won.

Wigan play on that **** every other week and they didn't have to play in Italy a couple of days ago. You should take that in hand as well.

Rohit

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:
In retrospect, this result was always going to happen, considering our injuries, the pitch and good ole fashioned English refereeing. We can still win the title, though it will be very hard.

Only because it has happened are you saying that. All teams will play on crap pitches and we've done it before.

We drew to Brum on a nice pitch in January or February.

You win your bread and butter league games. It's as simple as that.

This was by far the worst pitch in the league. Ball bouncing on 3 yard passes.

We drew with Brum in the first game because of poor concentration, in the second the ref handed them a point. Which reminds me that when it comes to points, you don't have one here.

And all Wigan could do was nothing, they couldn't get close to us, the pitches have been bad before, there are wobbly but the ball doesn't stop on pitches, this was a disgraceful pitch.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Agree with Stiphunn.

They were up for it, they just didn't perform. The pitch did not accomodate our normal game. Perhaps the criticism that can be levelled is that we did not find a way of getting round the poor quality of the pitch which we should be doing if we want to be champions.

hujja

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:

Oh dear Tony, do I really need to explain this?

Of course Wigan had to play on the pitch as well, but Wigan don't play football do they? They foul the other team and hoof it to some big f*r up front. So for them, that pitch is perfect.

If Wigan had a good pitch, it doesn't necessarily mean we would have won. But it would be far more likely don't you agree? Remember when Bendtner was through but the ball bounced up before he could square it? Remember when RvP worked space for a shot but the ball bounced up before he made contact?

We've drawn games on a good pitch before, but I fail to see how that is relevant. In most of those games we were lazy or uninspired. That was not the case today.

Finally some sense!

lagos

Established Member
henry79 said:
jay-d said:
lagosgooner said:
Why blame ade?, Did Cesc not have chances? did RVP not sky 2 great opportunities?

Ade's game was atrocious today and his attitude and body language was all wrong.

adebayor was hopless thats why we are blaming him, his whole attitude from start to finish was poor. somebody needs to tell him he is not all that wenger should never have taken off bendtner his was the better of the two.

come on you cant have ago at a guy who has been out for 5 f*cking months and expect him to produce straight away

I wasnt having a go at anybody, I was just pointing out that he wasnt the only one who missed good chances

The funny thing about Ade is that people say he is crap yet they expect him to lead us to the title. We are where we are now largely down to Ades goals, in addition to the work and running around he has been doing on the pitch all season. Youd think that any reasonable person would realise that at some point hes bound to get tired. Unfortunately our other strikers are injured and so whether he is 100% or not he has to soldier on and yet you still expect him to be our saviour in every match?

Rohit

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
Rohit said:
arsenalfc0719 said:

What game were you watching, we didn't play our best football even for the pitch we were playing on, but questioning our attitude and desire and fight, what the f**k are you on about?
Our desire to fight to a lesser extend. Our attitude towards the game was piss poor.

Awful performance.

Are you ****ing serious, you are questioning our attitude towards this game, we had players running their heart out challenging for every ball with full committment for 90 minutes, some fans can be so apathetic.

awooga83

Established Member
bluenaz said:
and they didn't have to play in Italy a couple of days ago. You should take that in hand as well.

Would say that point is irrelevant because thats part of the deal with being a top club and wanting to win many things your in the competitions and when its all going well people don't moan about the fixtures. We had 4 days since that so they should be recovered. If you think its a problem then don't bother competing in it.

jay-d

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
I think Ade let the disappointment of missing that early chance get to him, his performance deteriorated badly afterwards. He wasn't the only one though, our general play in the last third was piss poor. Hleb was extremely ineffectual and predictable and Cesc wasn't great.

At some stage of the season, our lack of genuine wide options was always going to come back and bite us hard in the ass. Seeing our best centre-half running around like a headless chicken on the wing in the last 20 mins kinda summed it up.

The highlighted part basically sums it up. We should have bought so we had options when this happens as it ALWAYS does.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Rohit said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Rohit said:
arsenalfc0719 said:

Awful performance.

Are you f****g serious, you are questioning our attitude towards this game, we had players running their heart out challenging for every ball with full committment for 90 minutes, some fans can be so apathetic.
Questionning their commitment is insulting. I really can't understand some of the irrational criticism on here.

stiiphunn

Established Member
awooga83 said:
bluenaz said:
and they didn't have to play in Italy a couple of days ago. You should take that in hand as well.

Would say that point is irrelevant because thats part of the deal with being a top club and wanting to win many things your in the competitions and when its all going well people don't moan about the fixtures. We had 4 days since that so they should be recovered. If you think its a problem then don't bother competing in it.
It's a fact mate. We deal with it, but it's part of the reason we couldn't manage to score today.

Top Bottom