• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
arsenal_hleb said:
jay-d said:
Big Poppa said:
I think Ade let the disappointment of missing that early chance get to him, his performance deteriorated badly afterwards. He wasn't the only one though, our general play in the last third was piss poor. Hleb was extremely ineffectual and predictable and Cesc wasn't great.

At some stage of the season, our lack of genuine wide options was always going to come back and bite us hard in the ass. Seeing our best centre-half running around like a headless chicken on the wing in the last 20 mins kinda summed it up.

The highlighted part basically sums it up. We should have bought so we had options when this happens as it ALWAYS does.
people argues wenger can't foresee all the injuries and suspention at the same time. FFS it happened to us so many times over the years.

wenger is just stubborn in this aspect. otherwise he would have won alot more trophies
I don't blame Wenger not signing players in January. Well, of course things could be better if he recall Vela from Spain.

But there was a simpler solution to the team's problem today. Playing Sagna on the wing with Kolo behind him. Somehow Wenger suddenly thought Kolo has all the necessairy skills and confidence to play in tight space on the wing. Frankly, I would rather Kolo stay at the back, defende well behind Sagna, and act as an alternative source from Cesc to deliver pinponted long balls for Ade.

Mostarac

Established Member
Sometimes the performances of our players can really baffle one, but today was a bit different as it looked like most of our players were just too tired and maybe uninspired after the excruciating win against Milan. This leads me to ask, looking at how fragile our squad is this season and its fatigue problems at times, can we really challenge for two big titles this season? At the moment, it does not look like we can to be honest, and this could ultimately force Wenger to have a think about what he wants the most now.

ibby

Established Member
Mostarac said:
this could ultimately force Wenger to have a think about what he wants the most now.

With Wenger being the great manager he is, I hope he doesn't follow this route. We are in no position to start prioritising, and if I remember correctly, last time that happened it nearly derailed our season (cue someone to come in and say the changes at OT were enforced...).

Herbert Chapman

Gilberto should not be playing.

I think we cocked up letting Diarra leave.

"An unhappy brazilain is not worth having"

You're F**king right there.

Uninspired, lazy, completeley ineffective and the same could be said for Ade.

Bentdner should have stayed on, yes Ade is our top scorer but he was playing ****e and has done for 3 weeks.

Also, who was our last player to score a league goal?

I feel we battled well today and let's be honest that's what today was and we matched em, IE one point.

I thought all the effort was there, a few tired legs and the confirnation that our squad is too small.

I agree that we need 2 quality wingers and maybe another striker and the fact remains, we win all our 9 remaining games and we are the champions.

I think we will be

Biggus

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Biggus said:
Forget the lazy excuses, the pitch, we were tired, player X was crap.
The fact is we had two very very good chances to win it, but nobody at this club seems to know how to "dink" it over a spreading goalkeeper that's gone down.
i was thinking that same thing today.. "chip the ball over the goalie you arseholes"...

Yeah, for that sort of cool finish you usually need a calm experienced player.........Eduardo maybe could have done it. :cry

True Gooner

Established Member
Biggus said:
The fact is we had two very very good chances to win it, but nobody at this club seems to know how to "dink" it over a spreading goalkeeper that's gone down.

Eduardo...our only player that needs only one chance to score.

EDIT - You said it yourself..:D

ZanYGooneR

Today wasn't a good day it must be said, the performance was very poor from the lads but also an expected one. I just hoped we could nick it with the odd goal but we never really looked like scoring today which is something I rarely ever say about us.

I thought 1st half we made it ever so easy for Wigan I mean they looked way too comfortable, they were meant to be playing the league leaders for godsake.

However, there's still a long way to go till the end of the season and many more points will be dropped by ourselves and the others. Whats going to be of huge importance is the games between us, that's where the league will be won and lost.

Another thing that's clear to see in my opinion is that the team who wins the premiership will not win the champions league, the game today was no doubt a result of the midweek game. I mean it's no coincidence that our most livliest player was RVP who played no part in Tuesday huge win.

The week that will determine our season is the week between April 5th - April 13th where we play, Liverpool, a champions league 2nd leg fixture and United, somewhere along the line something will have to give.

DC Gunner

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Biggus said:
i was thinking that same thing today.. "chip the ball over the goalie you arseholes"...
Actually, a third one was when the defenders blundered leaving Kirkland in no man's land, all that
Ade needed to do is shoot away from him or over him, and he shot it RIGHT @ him.

True Gooner

Established Member
We need to be clinical from now to the end of the season.

We have 3 players that come under the category of clinical and none of them started today.

Eduardo
RvP
Rosicky

The rest need 5 shots, before one goes in.

invisibleman18

Established Member
****. After all that work. All that work to get that 5 point lead and it's been surrendered, probably with a deficit too, in just 3 games after it was achieved.
Agree with Biggus above. We just seem incapable of the finish when getting into that one-on-one position.

Still it's not all doom and gloom yet. United still have to actually win that game in hand so the pressure is still on them. But now that Old Trafford game becomes must win rather than must not lose. We cannot afford to drop 1 more point now.

AliBabaBrewer

Arsenal always seem to do better nowadays when the odds are against them.

OK, yes, we played crap today, but I think in the long run, the title will be ours.

The Champions League is the best example, even if the year we got to the final is the most over-used example on here.

Every round we draw a tough opponent, we're written off.
Real Madrid - Arsenal won't win
Juventus - Arsenal won't win
Villarreal - Arsenal will struggle to get anything
Barcelona - Arsenal will be destroyed, it'll be a walkover
AC Milan - We should never have let Henry go

But we always seem to rise to these odds, and pull off the unlikely, if not the damn near impossible.

The likes of the Middlesborough's, the PSV's, Sheffield Utd's and Fulham's of last season. Times when we're expected to walk all over people, we splutter.

So this new attitude of "Oh s**t, we're potentially, should Man Utd win, 1 point off top spot. Season's over!", could actually help the team, provided they bounce back, and don't go to pieces.

I actually bothered to look it up, we've only lost 1 game in 36 Premiership displays. Manchester United have lost 6 in that time.

Taking all of this into account, with the random statistic, and our proven ability to fight the odds, I don't understand how our own supporters seem to be writing us off. It could have been worse, we could have actually lost the game! Jesus Christ, I wouldn't actually be able to bare the self-pity in here if we had.

JGooner

Whatever happens in the title race or the CL, at the end of the season there has to be a proper examination at the club about our persistent injury problems. Season after season is undermined by the sheer number and, most worringly, duration of injuries. Gallas, Rosicky and RvP are just three examples in the past couple of seasons of players whose layoffs have massively exceeded Wenger's public estimations. What is going on? Is our medical staff crap? I doubt it. Is there something about our training methods that make injuries more likely? Is it that our style of play invites more tackles than longer-ball game?

Whatever it is, the club cannot continue like this because it guarantees ****-ups of the kind we've seen in three premiership games in a row now. ****ing Toure having to play on the wing is just a sad-ass sight.

Rocafella

Established Member
Biggus said:
USArsenal said:
Biggus said:

Yeah, for that sort of cool finish you usually need a calm experienced player.........Eduardo maybe could have done it. :cry

i dont think that pitch was in any state for exqusite dinks. :lol:

Christofaux

Gilberto should have played his last game for Arsenal.

Good to see Van Persie make a decent return on a terrible feild and avoid injury (aside from the knock to the face.)

Toure should be used out wide from the get go if he is our option off the bench.

Bendnter played better then Ade IMO and Ade should of been subbed.

the back 4 were pretty reliable with only Valencia giving Clichy trouble.

We just lacked the final product which was the story of last year. It could have been worse we could of got 0 points from this game. At least we will only be 1 point behind instead of 2 putting alot more pressure on United.

banduan

Established Member
Herbert Chapman said:
Gilberto should not be playing.

I think we cocked up letting Diarra leave.

"An unhappy brazilain is not worth having"

You're F**king right there.

Uninspired, lazy, completeley ineffective and the same could be said for Ade.

"An unhappy Frenchman is not worth having".

Anyway,

1) Pitch was awful but we should be learning how to handle this, and Wenger should be adjusting.

2) Wigan did very well and deserved the point, and even made it an end-to-end match.

3) Bendy off for RVP was a bizarre decision.

4) Gallas staying on was a massive risk.

5) Their chances on goal were better than ours bar Fabs.

6) We did excellently defensively, all things said.

I'd chalk this as a poitn gained actually.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I'll tell you what Banduan, towards the very end of the game (last minute basically) when Wigan were making all the running, I too thought let's just get this point and get the hell out of this, erm, hell-hole.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Gilberto belongs on the team bus when the match is on.

Never in my life have I witnessed such a sapped, inept, sleepwalking performance from the Brazilian Captain they tell me!

Wenger needs his head examined if he picks this guy to start ever again.

That pretty much set up the platform for the match for me...

The guy cannot pass on the Emirates surface - let alone that potato patch of a football pitch!

Sagna & Senderos were the only two that decided to turn up for the rest of the season.....the rest were still in Milan.

PATHETIC.

rich300

true gooner said:
hujja said:
Ade needs a hiding.

Why on earth did Arsène take Nik off instead of Ade?

Because...erm...Im going out on a limb here, Adebayors our top goal scorer?

The question should have been - why on earth did Wenger take off a striker anyway? The substitution should have been Gilberto off, Van Persie on, and playing a very attacking 4-3-3 for the last 25 minutes.

Biggus

Established Member
Rocafella said:
Biggus said:
USArsenal said:
Biggus said:

i dont think that pitch was in any state for exqusite dinks. :lol:

Dennis could have......Freddie too in his heyday.

Of course its easy for us to sit here and say that, You have to be ice cool.........Drink and fall over the goalkeeper would be all I'm capable of now. :wink:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom