• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

Dez

Lancelot said:
Dez said:
Wenger f*d up bad... simple as that. The substitution was ludicrous. Bendtner shouldn't have come off, Touré shouldn't have come on.

The game should have finished with this formation:

Hleb Cesc Flamini RVp
Bendtner Ade

not with Touré playing right wing...
You can not be serious with that, mate.

What is the point of van Persie playing as a left midfielder? I think we have a good idea on who is playing better with Adebayor when it comes down to Robin and Nicklas.

So you seriously think it was better to have our CB playing Right wing when we are chasing a game?!

AliBabaBrewer

AnthonyG said:
Herbert Chapman said:
... We lost a great player in Diarra.
And good riddance too; to bad rubbish as Richie would say. :wink:

Seriously, this over the top wistful nostalgia for this immature train wreck smacks of desperation and is quite frankly embarrassing. No offence.

You can't deny that Diarra had the makings of a great player though.

Whilst I agree that yes, all the comments since the game on Sunday, that you'd think we're in third having lost our last 8 games.

But on the other hand, in a contest between Gilberto and Diarra, I know who I'd've picked. Although that said, he did have a really poor attitude. But you could also say Gilberto's got an attitude problem too..

RC8

Established Member
AliBabaBrewer said:
AnthonyG said:
Herbert Chapman said:
... We lost a great player in Diarra.
And good riddance too; to bad rubbish as Richie would say. :wink:

Seriously, this over the top wistful nostalgia for this immature train wreck smacks of desperation and is quite frankly embarrassing. No offence.

You can't deny that Diarra had the makings of a great player though.

Whilst I agree that yes, all the comments since the game on Sunday, that you'd think we're in third having lost our last 8 games.

But on the other hand, in a contest between Gilberto and Diarra, I know who I'd've picked. Although that said, he did have a really poor attitude. But you could also say Gilberto's got an attitude problem too..

This is my 4th attempt at writing this post, as when I'm halfway through my posts my browser randomly goes "back" and I have to start from scratch. Each post my tone has been more aggressive, so please excuse me, but:

Diarra was a ******, he wanted Flamini to be benched for no reason. It was Diarra or Flamini, and Flamini has been exemplary, whilst Diarra has acted like an idiotic spoilt 4 year-old kid. It's a no brainer. Gilberto doesn't even come into the equation.

Now stop crying over Diarra, it's getting extremely annoying.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Dez said:
Lancelot said:
Dez said:
Wenger f*d up bad... simple as that. The substitution was ludicrous. Bendtner shouldn't have come off, Touré shouldn't have come on.

The game should have finished with this formation:

Hleb Cesc Flamini RVp
Bendtner Ade

not with Touré playing right wing...
You can not be serious with that, mate.

What is the point of van Persie playing as a left midfielder? I think we have a good idea on who is playing better with Adebayor when it comes down to Robin and Nicklas.

So you seriously think it was better to have our CB playing Right wing when we are chasing a game?!
it was crazy. our CB was playing on the right wing trying to get crosses in even though he is more used to clearing balls.

the sight of those scenarios irk me.

Gurgen

Established Member
Actually, I have no problems with that. Toure is an excellent all round footballer and can do a decent job anywhere on the pitch. He was more effective there than Cesc who constantly neglected his duties, taking Sagna out of the game as an attacking threat.

Captain

Established Member
I would have thought moving Flamini to the right was a better solution before the game, but I'm not sure that Wenger expected Wigan to surrender the midfield so easily.

Lancelot

Established Member
Dez said:
Yes, mate, when comparing to that formation.

I think Gurgen has already put it perfectly there so... here is another option which I believe might be better in such situation (running out of time with Toure in the side):

-------------------------Almunia-------------------------
--------Gallas----------Toure---------Senderos---
------------------------------I
---Sagna-------- ---------I---------------------Clichy---
-------I----------------------v-------------------- ----I
-------I-----Cesc---------------------Flamini--- I------
-------I--------------------------- - - ----------------I
-------I-------------------Hleb---------- ------ -----I------
------ v------------------------------------------------v
--------------RvP--------------------Adebayor---------

RC8

Established Member
Why Lancelot? Tell me you are kidding, please. Don't become a member of the "I can make up formations" club. ;)

Biggus

Established Member
RC8 said:
This is my 4th attempt at writing this post, as when I'm halfway through my posts my browser randomly goes "back" and I have to start from scratch. Each post my tone has been more aggressive, so please excuse me, but:

Diarra was a ******, he wanted Flamini to be benched for no reason. It was Diarra or Flamini, and Flamini has been exemplary, whilst Diarra has acted like an idiotic spoilt 4 year-old kid. It's a no brainer. Gilberto doesn't even come into the equation.

Now stop crying over Diarra, it's getting extremely annoying.

I think you've done well RC, What a magnificent display of moderation and restraint.

There are two kinds of players- Those who want to play for Arsenal, and those who don't.

That is all.

Anzac

Established Member
Lancelot said:
Dez said:
Yes, mate, when comparing to that formation.

I think Gurgen has already put it perfectly there so... here is another option which I believe might be better in such situation (running out of time with Touré in the side):

-------------------------Almunia-------------------------
--------Gallas----------Touré---------Senderos---
------------------------------I
---Sagna-------- ---------I---------------------Clichy---
-------I----------------------v-------------------- ----I
-------I-----Cesc---------------------Flamini--- I------
-------I--------------------------- - - ----------------I
-------I-------------------Hleb---------- ------ -----I------
------ v------------------------------------------------v
--------------RvP--------------------Adebayor---------

I have no issues with this as one of a number of Plan C options for the last 10 minutes............options being determined by injuries & who you have available on the bench - also think that playing style would need to be adjusted accordingly..............

Nyingmeh

The only way we will comfortably win games is if we have ( in order of preference ) in the middle of the park as attacking central midfielder - Cesc / Rosicky / Diaby.

Flamster is energetic and charging but he is a defensive mid-fielder and what this means is that Cesc was played out of position, we had 2 DM' s in the center of the park and whilst flamster is blessed with Mobility, Bert was a WALL - Bert's game is always best when associated with a very creative midfielder like Cesc or Rosicky.

Had I been Wenger, I would have started Toure as RB, sent Sagna upfront as a winger and preserved the Flamini/Fabregas Partnership.

albeit Birmingham who were good in their first game and lucky in the second, We dropped points at Newcastle ( with 2 DM's in the center of the park ) , same goes with the riverside.

--------- Almunia -----
Toure -- Gallas -- Senderous -- Clichy
-------------- ---------Flamini
Sagna -- ---------cesc ----------- Hleb
--------------Bendtner / Ade ---------------

And I would have substituted Ade and not Bendtner - he gets crucial goals at times in the last minute.

Lancelot

Established Member
RC8 said:
Why Lancelot? Tell me you are kidding, please. Don't become a member of the "I can make up formations" club. ;)
I was kidding, mate. ;)

*Sneaking around and searching for "I can make up formations" club*

*Shaken head with disappointment as the club is nowhere to be found*

Seriously though, RC8, I agree that we shouldn't use that for real; it's just that even that formation looks much better than RvP as a left midfielder for me. At least, everyone is playing within the boundaries of what they can offer to the team effectively.

Like I said, Gurgen has already laid it out nicely that Toure was an effective choice there in addition to the fact that we can have the Fabregas-Flamini axis in the central midfield instead of Gilberto-Flamini as a result of such substitute, therefore, I needed to come up with something a bit wicked and still successfully put my point across in reply to Dez's response.

I hope I didn't fail though. :lol:

number_0

Established Member
from the lobby boys

wigan.jpg

Top Bottom