• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

IBL

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i would take a nice professional 2-0 or 3-1 win...

i would take 1-0 TBH
:lol: basically a win of any kind

I agree, 3 points is the order of the day. I fear we're gonna be suffering from a San Siro hangover though, can our boys lift themselves to get a result at the ploughfield?

JazzG

Established Member
The most important thing is obviously to win, if we need to score in the 96th min with a shot that takes three deflections then I'll take it.

If all our players were fit though I'd be looking for a performance, we are not Chelsea and will not win the league putting in scrappy performances so after that epic win in Milan we are long due a similar performance in the league. If we go out tomorrow and put in a performance against Wigan Man utd and Chelsea fans won't feel so smug about their chances. We were the ones in crisis yet they have both put out strong teams and got knocked out in straight forward FA cup matches. Now tomorrow we have to make sure we get our job done.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
What the worst that can happen?
if we were out the race then started playing the great autumn football again, so nah f**k that id take scrappy wins for the rest of this term
Anything else is a bonus

Weve come to far to throw this sh*t away and we certainly wont be doing that tomorow.

Im very confident that we will leave lancashire again but this time with the 3 points to round off a successful week for this club going into another

Biggus

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i would take a nice professional 2-0 or 3-1 win...

i would take 1-0 TBH

Yeah a 25 metre missile from Clichy would be nice, but I'd take a deflection off Gallas' left testicle.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
JazzG said:
The most important thing is obviously to win, if we need to score in the 96th min with a shot that takes three deflections then I'll take it.

If all our players were fit though I'd be looking for a performance, we are not Chelsea and will not win the league putting in scrappy performances so after that epic win in Milan we are long due a similar performance in the league. If we go out tomorrow and put in a performance against Wigan Man utd and Chelsea fans won't feel so smug about their chances. We were the ones in crisis yet they have both put out strong teams and got knocked out in straight forward FA cup matches. Now tomorrow we have to make sure we get our job done.

Right on brutha :D

Anzac

Established Member
IMO this is one match where the 4-5-1 is justified - not only thru' injuries but also due to the opposition mentality (they are not going to look to play against us) and the pitch............

If we look to play our normal game on the deck we will struggle & make things hard for ourselves...................the 4-5-1 is our Plan B & today is the ideal situation for it to be utilised - plenty of early balls to the target man to hold up for the support - play 'ugly' & keep them off balance with no time to set up in defence...............plenty of patience in attack - rather like our game in Milan where we were happy to pass the ball backwards to rebuild from defence...........

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Nah mate 4-4-2 straight, lets go for it and be bold. Show wigan our cards and see how they react.

Wigan always attack at their home so a 4-5-1 is pointless if we want all points. We'll just keep defending and have an off day, youve seen it before
Man u just go out to kill off teams, youve seen that before too

Lets go there and win, be direct and play our trusted formation and make wigan submit

Will be a tough match yes but there will be lots of chances for us for sure to score

phenn

2-0, with the second coming at the death. There's no way they can cope with Adebayor for 90 minutes. I'd like to see him and Nik play and bully their way around Wigan. It may be on a rugby pitch but we don't need to play the neatest stuff with those 2 up front.

Anzac

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Nah mate 4-4-2 straight, lets go for it and be bold. Show wigan our cards and see how they react.

Wigan always attack at their home so a 4-5-1 is pointless if we want all points. We'll just keep defending and have an off day, youve seen it before
Man u just go out to kill off teams, youve seen that before too

Lets go there and win, be direct and play our trusted formation and make wigan submit

Will be a tough match yes but there will be lots of chances for us for sure to score

Ordinarily I'd agree - the main factor for me being the state of the pitch - this will upset our style as much as anything the opposition will do - and we've seen that happen before - as recently as the FA Cup match at OT!!!!!!

IMO the 4-4-2 encourages us to play 'normal'on the deck, while the 4-5-1 encourages us to mix it with some early / direct balls using Ade / Nick as target man............

With Walcott out we only have Ade & Nick as fit strikers, and IMO they are too similar of type to be an effective pairing in attack........

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Playing well and winning usually go together.

I want us to play well because I know that if we do play well we most likely will win. Unless we are extremely unlucky.

Of course I'd take a scrappy win, anything as long as we get the three points, but usually playing better will make that easier.

Lets stick to our game.

lee1001

Established Member
I don't undersatnd how any pitch at premiership level can be a mess. There should be some sort of disciplinary action against clubs who have mud baths for football pitches. After all its in the best interest of football to have pitches that encourage fast, attacking football.

_scorpion_

Established Member
tam1886 said:
God's Son said:
tam1886 said:
With Man Utd losing today, we can really heap the misery on the arseholes by winning and opening up a four point gap. No matter how much they say they'll pick themselves up and get on with it, crashing out of the FA cup and seeing a bigger gap open up will piss them off big time.

They play Derby..
Good point. Previous statement retracted for fear of piss being taken out of me. :lol:

you actually make a good point tam.

A win here makes that Derby match a 'must win' for United. Otherwise they risk a new gap being opened up....and all on a weekend where they already took a loss (albeit in the FA Cup). Never understimate psychology in sport.

famous no 10

Established Member
lee1001 said:
I don't undersatnd how any pitch at premiership level can be a mess. There should be some sort of disciplinary action against clubs who have mud baths for football pitches. After all its in the best interest of football to have pitches that encourage fast, attacking football.

Agreed.

Even the Manu pitch was a didgrace when we played there, added to them watering it needlessly before the kick off.

Wigans is like a potato field.

vin de guerre

RC8 said:
I logged in to make the match thread but it seems it's been taken care of (sort of). Why build a house if you can live under a bridge, eh? ;)

I've been quite busy, I'll start next week's game on time, I promise.

Please take this as a serious and public chastisement!
We will not stand for this tardiness in the future!
We are the Arsenal you Know!

vin de guerre

When will some people realise that to win the EPL all games outside of the Manure game are must wins. The Manure game must not be lost!

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Once again a must win game and since our last two ended up as not wins I will not say anything more, just that I hope Milan game affected boys as positively as possible!
GO ARSENAL!!

stiiphunn

Established Member
Tough game. Hopefully we'll just get the 3 points. Don't care if it's a 1-0 win with a lucky goal.

BTW, the pitch there is a disgrace. How can you expect a good football game with such a pitch?

Top Bottom