• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Is this story even remotely credible? God, I would love to be rid of him and give his playing time to a cheaper youngster. I don’t think he’s been as awful as many people suggest, but he’s been embarrassingly bland for a man earning millions.
I mean, Willian out, Lindstrøm in. Right? ;)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Consistently average
Appearances 244
Goals 37
Assists 36

He's averaged 5 goals per season for Chelsea overall and 7 in the league (I'm rounding up in order to be generous).

That's pretty rotten for a Brazilian winger.
To offer him £200k+ a week, however it’s comprised, and a 3 year deal at 32, is beyond crazy. No idea who made on this deal, but it won’t be the club or fans.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Consistently average
Appearances 244
Goals 37
Assists 36

He's averaged 5 goals per season for Chelsea overall and 7 in the league (I'm rounding up in order to be generous).

That's pretty rotten for a Brazilian winger.

Wonder why he played so many games then? I can't stand this stat dna generation of fans.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

To offer him £200k+ a week, however it’s comprised, and a 3 year deal at 32, is beyond crazy. No idea who made on this deal, but it won’t be the club or fans.

Our club is so stupid it actually defies belief, honestly I'd feel the same way whether Willian were performing right now or not because it was always going to bite us back in a year or two.

We just do not learn from our mistakes it's remarkable.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Wonder why he played so many games then? I can't stand this stat dna generation of fans.

Denilson: 153 appearances for Arsenal
Xhaka: 189 appearances
Lucas Leiva: 249 appearances

You got any other arguments other than the number of games played must mean he's a quality player?

In fact, I'll backtrack. You said that Willian is a consistent player. Consistent at what exactly? I thought you meant goals and assists but that clearly isn't true.

Consistent at being a hard working winger who focuses on his defensive responsibilities? That works for the way Chelsea play but he doesn't do that for us and it's not an Arsenal winger.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Denilson: 153 appearances for Arsenal
Xhaka: 189 appearances
Lucas Leiva: 249 appearances

You got any other arguments other than the number of games played must mean he's a quality player?

In fact, I'll backtrack. You said that Willian is a consistent player. Consistent at what exactly? I thought you meant goals and assists but that clearly isn't true.

Consistent at being a hard working winger who focuses on his defensive responsibilities? That works for the way Chelsea play but he doesn't do that for us and it's not an Arsenal winger.

You lack reasoning skills. Willian was a regular starter for a number of successful Chelsea teams you jackarse. He started consistently because he consistently performed well.

You can make your own conclusions to how successful Xhaka and Denilson have been and were at Arsenal. Ridiculous to compare a stalwart of Chelsea's title wins and a Brazilian International to these two clowns.

If anything, Willian is exactly what an Arsenal player is allowed to be post Highbury - a starter regardless of performance. You've mad my point - we are the problem.

Last edited:

LasseD

I would of course miss him at Brøndby, but we could use a guy like this at Arsenal too. ;)

Not sure he’s at the level yet, but I’d love someone like him here. Dynamic, technically decent and he has a good shot.

But obviously we’re stuck with Willian and that’s depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom