• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,216

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Who knows what's gonna happen next season though...maybe most teams will still be poor defensively, maybe Saliba will be our new Sol, maybe we won't concede as much (haven't we been pretty decent since Arteta took over?) lets see how it goes.
You need to fix what needs fixing surely.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There was a good piece on 'Just Arsenal', Partey and Cellabos, steel and style. They'd be better than Xhaka Torreira in Arteta's 3,4,3 system. Much more mobile.

Yeah I agree although Xhaka would still arguably be our best midfielder.

My point is neither Ceballos nor Partey is creating chances by the bucketload for Auba or Pepe to score like Özil or Ramsey could do a few years back.

They need replacing.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The usual suspect with a massive L when they read that it is indeed Arteta that is pushing for this transfer

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Tell him! I've had enough of Trevor and his doom and gloom merchants.
black-guy-laptop-school-library_99043-5015.jpg

“Tell him! I've had enough of Trevor and his doom and gloom merchants.”

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Willian playing as the no10 in possession but dropping into a midfield three off the ball sounds interesting. Would be a new role for him but we did see Pep do the same with all of City's attacking mids.

Yeah definitely mate. At Chelsea I’ve noticed he’s got a sort of free role, he’ll move wherever there’s space and can help create overloads.

Puts in a lot of unselfish work to get better chances for the fullbacks and Pulisic and Mount.

Here I can see him starting on the left but moving deep, behind the strikers and out wide to help Tierney, Bellerin and Auba get the run on their man based on situations.

Lot to be excited about with this signing, he makes everyone else around him better.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The usual suspect with a massive L when they read that it is indeed Arteta that is pushing for this transfer

Not hard to see why. Chelsea are pushing hard for keeping him and although we’re overpaying with that final year he’s been a rock for Lampard’s team this year.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is only true if Willian performs well. We could also be throwing away £18m. 18m when we're on a budget and can't compete on wages and transfers with the other top clubs.

A "small" waste of money is still a waste of money because it all adds up. How much has our penny pinching cost us over the years? Not just off the field in terms of finances but on the field through poor performances by said "bargain buys". Which in turn cost us off the field as well. When we finished outside the top 4 that cost us millions in revenue.

Fair point, there is a risk in all signings, only time will tell if this one pays off.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
take heart, all you nay sayers - remember Willian had a medical with Sp**s before joining Chelsea

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Got to remember it seems Arteta has really adapted to suit this team. He may not choose to keep Lacazette up top if he gets enough creativity around Aubameyang.
I dunno man. He never ever plays Auba there. Even during periods where we had better wide options than CF options he still played Auba on the wing.

Unless Arteta shakes up the first eleven in a big way I'd be surprised if he goes into next season with Auba at CF when he's never looked remotely interested in doing it. The Pepe-Auba-Willian front three does work on paper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom