• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,101

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Assists are an obsolete metric at this point. Expected assists that actually measure the quality of chances created are much better for assessing wingers and attacking midfielders.

Just too unreliable. In addition to nonsensical assists like the ones posted, you also have things like own goals or slight interceptions ruining assists. An example that comes to mind is the City-Liverpool game that ended 4-0 where Kevin De Bruyne put Raheem Sterling on goal with a pass but it didn't count as an assist because Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain ended up putting Sterling's shot into the net.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Never been one of the usual suspects crying about Kia’s involvement in the club, but I wasn’t happy with this signing originally and it genuinely makes me a bit sick to think we’re pushing ahead this after sacking our entire scouting team. And after giving Cedric a four year deal as well.

I don't understand your point. How are these things related in any way?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Never been one of the usual suspects crying about Kia’s involvement in the club, but I wasn’t happy with this signing originally and it genuinely makes me a bit sick to think we’re pushing ahead this after sacking our entire scouting team. And after giving Cedric a four year deal as well.

Grim. Proof will be in the pudding, but our dealings stink and have ruined my excitement for this transfer window.
Just gotta pray somewhere in these shady deals there is a clause that guarantees Kia will ship these players to China for a sizeable fee when we are done with em.

We live in Raul and Kia's world now. Either we crash and burn or we win a couple of trophies and crash and burn.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just gotta pray somewhere in these shady deals there is a clause that guarantees Kia will ship these players to China for a sizeable fee when we are done with em.

We live in Raul and Kia's world now. Either we crash and burn or we win a couple of trophies and crash and burn.

China has a salary cap now and that well has all but dried up.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We'd stomach this better if it followed 2 great signings. Chop chop

Finesse

Willian will be a brilliant addition. Arteta spoke about PL experience. Players who need little time to adapt. David Luis is a good example. The way he finished the season is testament to this. Willian is a winner and been a key player to Chelsea’s trophy winning sides over the past few years. Apart from Pepe and Saka we clearly do not have any genuine wide players who can run with the ball , dribble on one to one , take on players and most importantly score goals. Arteta needs options in case on injuries or suspensions. Willian is a great signing. Where he plays does not matter so long as he picks of the Arteta spirit and forces the manager to pick him every week. All this talk of kids being pushed back is nonsense. Arteta has shown with Niles and Saka , the kids can push out Özil and Lucas etc in the midfield. Most importantly I am happy William has bought into the project and that is the basis of it all. Luis spoke about it and we see why. Özil and Mathieu do not buy into the project and their places are now out of the picture. We are a top side and Arteta said we must reflect that on the pitch with performances and the quality of players on board.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So you're saying we will only sign players represented by Kia?
That's 3 and counting. Plus sacking our scouting team. Makes you think.

Without Wenger and Gazidis, the naïve Kroenke's have let in a Brazilian version of a Trojan horse that'll take them to the cleaners.
1071524630.jpg.0.jpg

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
ESPNFC (for what it's worth) saying it's done at 100/wk, 3-year deal.

Not a horrible signing, but definitely not going to set the fanbase alight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom