• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,076

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Then by your logic we shouldn't be extending Auba's contract because of high chances of performances going off a cliff and the possibility of getting a ligament injury. :lol:
Probably not but this is a different situation, Auba is our player and one who is currently irreplaceable to the club. Plus he’s one of the very few( if only ) genuine star players we actually have!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
As little as 4 weeks ago, it looked like we were getting lumbered with Justin Kluivert! Willian is such a step up.

I'm happy with the signing. I'd have liked Zaha, Costa, Soares, Lemar or Dembele, but Willian is a better footballer in terms of technique than at least 3 of those options and he's coming on a free. Great business.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I agree is not the most exciting signing but is not bad at all. For free and 100K weekly is Very affordable. He is in good form, good technical ability and he has been very professional during his career. If this allow us to add some creativity and spend money in CAM and CM I agree with the move.

But I have it clear this signing isn't going to solve our creativity problem. We definitely still need the cam.

Makavelii

Then by your logic we shouldn't be extending Auba's contract because of high chances of performances going off a cliff and the possibility of getting a ligament injury. :lol:

This is exactly right. There’s double standards here for some reason.
Maybe because some people feel like signing Willian means we won’t sign other attacking players they’re hoping for?
Otherwise I can’t understand it cause it’s cheap smart business,

Makavelii

Probably not but this is a different situation, Auba is our player and one who is currently irreplaceable to the club. Plus he’s one of the very few( if only ) genuine star players we actually have!
Then let’s get another one in Willian.
What does a player being perceived as “ours” matter when we just want to strengthen our team?

SK Lation

I agree is not the most exciting signing but is not bad at all. For free and 100K weekly is Very affordable. He is in good form, good technical ability and he has been very professional during his career. If this allow us to add some creativity and spend money in CAM and CM I agree with the move.

But I have it clear this signing isn't going to solve our creativity problem. We definitely still need the cam.
Got the feeling he WILL be our CAM.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta wants to play a 433. I think Willian, Pepe, Martinelli and Saka eventually become our wide options. Auba up front of course. Not sure there's room here for Nelson if Willian is signed. Could recoup 15-20M from him.

SK Lation

Just
Doubtful. Read today that we're looking at a number of Attacking Mids. Coutinho is being offered, but that's it at the moment. I'm just curious to know who the others are.

Just because u read it, it doesn't have to be true but let's wait and see.

Willian as CAM would make sense to me. Willian as a winger wouldn't.

Ashybashy86

Just

Just because u read it, it doesn't have to be true but let's wait and see.

Willian as CAM would make sense to me. Willian as a winger wouldn't.
I understand that, which is why I said "Doubtful". I'm not certain it will be the case or not. Like you said, let's wait and see.

senna

Arteta wants to play a 433. I think Willian, Pepe, Martinelli and Saka eventually become our wide options. Auba up front of course. Not sure there's room here for Nelson if Willian is signed. Could recoup 15-20M from him.

Imagine Nelson goes on loan, think Arteta probably fancies he could improve him like Sterling with a bit of confidence. Also Martinelli out until Dec so plenty of opportunities for Nelson to get games.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Imagine Nelson goes on loan, think Arteta probably fancies he could improve him like Sterling with a bit of confidence. Also Martinelli out until Dec so plenty of opportunities for Nelson to get games.
Nelson is the only dribbler we actually have with that X factor. Martinelli Is not the best dribbling, Saka preffers to run or pass it, Pepe is unknown and only has one trick.

SK Lation

That would be sad... If he is the only addition in offensive, it would be a depressing season. I still think we need someone like Buendia to play there. He is not expensive.
That transfer itself IS sad.

Am with you on Buendia. Pure talent, would be a great addition to our offensive line.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Exactly. Not just a high chance of his performances going off a cliff as he aged but a ligament injury to a player in their early 30s is most likely a career ended, certainly a far higher chance than a similar injury to a player in their mid 20s.
This just reeks of us doing Kia a favour.
Then it would be covered by insurance ;-)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Doubtful. Read today that we're looking at a number of Attacking Mids. Coutinho is being offered, but that's it at the moment. I'm just curious to know who the others are.

Edit: This was it...
'Coutinho is being offered.' Of course he is. He's another of Kia's clients and we have no scouts left.

At least he's under 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom