• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,490

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
IMO it's not. We would be losing a huge talent who'd be worth more than that if we kept him. He's one of the players we should not be selling this season.

That's just pure speculation on your part tbh. He's a talent and I like him as a player but you don't turn down 20m+ for a squaddie that won't feature enough in the next couple of seasons to fully develop.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
tenor.gif

@MutableEarth to Raul, when he is possibly selling any of the youth graduates.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
That's just pure speculation on your part tbh. He's a talent and I like him as a player but you don't turn down 20m+ for a squaddie that won't feature enough in the next couple of seasons to fully develop.
and you know he won't feature enough just how?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hes a potential starter for a top 4 team. If we let him leave, it would be a huge mistake. It will also be very annoying when people start crying when he fulfills his potential just like they do everytime Gnabry does something.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I hate the way Willian's excellent injury record keeps being mentioned

What's the betting he sustains a season-ending if not career-ending injury on his first outing in an Arsenal shirt

Malky

Established Member
We need to create more chances, that’s obvious and I’m not denying that! My issue is that these are the type of deals you offer a 1+1 deal or full 2 years MAX! Bring him in for next season then upgrade the following summer once we’ve got our central midfield and defence sorted out then let him leave. Now we’re stuck with someone taking up a squad space for the next 3-4 years, no ones buying him from us so he’ll basically retire here.
In years to come we’ll be paying Willian and Cedric to train with the reserves until their deals run out.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Hes a potential starter for a top 4 team. If we let him leave, it would be a huge mistake. It will also be very annoying when people start crying when he fulfills his potential just like they do everytime Gnabry does something.
Technically he seems to have the talent to do so, but from what I’ve seen of him I question his mentality. He’s gone hiding a bit and instead of using his qualities and take players on or shoot he looks for someone to hand over the ball to too often.

It’s gotten better with time under Arteta though and could be he needs to build his confidence. I’d like to see him loaned out and get consistent playing time, but he has a lot to prove. Loan to Championship side and I’d expect 15+ g/a otherwise move him on.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
and you know he won't feature enough just how?

Maybe because we're strenghtening the positions he usually occupies (Willian and another creative AM) not to mention the fact he didn't really play that much under Arteta to begin with.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

For every Gnabry we sold a lot of youngsters for which we got good money and people had the same sentiment. Most turned out to be decent to nothing players at the end.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Surprising the Bum Squad aren't w@nking over Thiago Silva, he's 35 and should match an ageing Luiz perfectly for a 4 year deal. Richer club reject, and if his agent's into money laundering . . . . should suit you guys just fine. :lol:

EeajvhwXkAEy9Mn

This picture sums it up with Kia looking like a cleaner. He always knew what was going to happen with David Luiz and Willian reunited.

:lol:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Because football is that simplistic and Danny Ings is twice as good as Firmino.
Anyway according to transfermarkt Willian scored 11 goals, 9 in the league, with 9 assists.

Incidently Ryan Giggs scored 3 goals during Man United's treble season, if only Ferguson had Sam's understanding of the game they could have binned him and really kicked on.

Relax its just a bit of banter and it is funny.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Lampard on the situation:

"I know Willian well, I have seen him. He has carried this injury a little bit in the latter part of the restart. In terms of being disappointed, certainly as a club we have done everything we can to explain [the situation] to Willian.

"Mine and his relationship is very close and I would have no feeling of disappointment if he does move on. He is a fantastic man and a fantastic player. I think he will feel like that about Chelsea. I will leave him to say his own words.

"But I don’t want anyone to try to find a negative attitude. The club have acted very well in this as well. If he moves on I personally will wish him well. I think he [would] leave a hole as a player who has been here for I think seven seasons, being part of successful teams.

"When I came in and we had a lot of issues in terms of younger players, players back from loan, transitional elements to the group, Willian as the one you looked at and relied on in terms of his experience and quality. He has shown me that all year. He has his own decisions to make.

"We as a club will always want to move forward, no matter what. Eden Hazard left last year; the club continues to work in a forward direction which I think we have in many ways. That remains the same, whatever player leaves the club.

"When a player is out of contract, they have the freedom and the right to play wherever they want. You have to understand that if they stay in the league and it is a player of Willian’s quality, for instance, then they will go and contribute to that team.

"We have to accept that and move on. I have no problems with that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom