• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willy Boly

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Would he work for us?

Or is he just another Sokratis? We need to try and buy an excellent CB not a good one

TornadoTed

Established Member
I watch Wolves a fair bit and I would be very wary of signing any of their defenders. They are really well drilled and often have 3 defensive midfielders in front of the 3 man defence. It is the system more than player quality that makes Wolves defence look solid in my opinion.

Boly and Castro Otto are the best of the bunch though for sure, also Vinagre is a real talent, he could be sensational in 2-3 years time.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I watch Wolves a fair bit and I would be very wary of signing any of their defenders. They are really well drilled and often have 3 defensive midfielders in front of the 3 man defence. It is the system more than player quality that makes Wolves defence look solid in my opinion.

Boly and Castro Otto are the best of the bunch though for sure, also Vinagre is a real talent, he could be sensational in 2-3 years time.

Echo this, some players/units/groups of players just work well together, you take one of them out and they go elsewhere they often cant replicate, its why I never really want us to sign CB's from relegated or relegation battling teams, Lascelles for example, stands out when he has a good performance but people ignore the average or bad ones, Lascelles is a good player but we are a club at the top end of the table and need better, same applies to Boly, good but need better.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
For the money he'd cost, I'd rather not. Dunk and Diop are the two gems from lower clubs. Failing that, we may as well just pin our Hope's on one of Holding or Salibah.

Top Bottom