• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wolves v Arsenal - EPL - Wed 10th Nov 19:45

goonerleila

Established Member
Not interested in dissecting the game and focusing on things we should have done better. Happy we've won, as after the two last games we most definitely needed that result. Glad that Chamakh had his finishing boots on and special mention to Fabianski, who was simply outstanding. Huge releif and bring on Everton!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Fabianski is my MOTM.
Top class save right before Chamakh's second

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Fabianski is my MOTM.
Top class save right before Chamakh's second.

Only if Mancs woudl stay like this. A goal-less draw, which would be best for us.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Chamakh's has gotten the record of the fastest goal this season.

Just replayed it over and over again on TV the Fabianski save. Right there with the best saves of the season. Not to mention the amount of people blocking his views and how fast he got down against such powerful shot.

Our players reaction said it all. All of them ran to Fabianski instead of Chamakh when he scored his 2nd. Final whistle moments were brilliant as well. Been a long time since I seen this. Cesc didn't looked too happy and walked off though

EDIT: Not this season, but the whole of premierleague history fastest goal

outlaw_member

Established Member
A very disappointing performance, but a great result. Fabianski and Arshavin were our best players, whilst everyone else was sub par. Great to see Chamakh bag two goals, even if he was abysmal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
outlaw_member said:
A very disappointing performance, but a great result. Fabianski and Arshavin were our best players, whilst everyone else was sub par. Great to see Chamakh bag two goals, even though he was abysmal.

Chamakh was indeed nowhere for the game, and we once again had a low goal to chance ratio. Our defense was opened up yet again, however credit must be given for the spirit in defending the one goal.

Also, thank our lucky stars Fabregas didnt see red.

Herbas

Wolves had good games with MU and Chelsea as well, so let's not be over-melodramatic with "omg, wolves battered us, what we have become".

HIGH FIVE FABIANSKI!

outlaw_member

Established Member
Sagna made one of the best defensive blocks I've ever seen, but I thought he was constantly getting beaten off the ball. Clichy was good, though. Rosicky was alright, I guess.

Anzac

Established Member
Great result under the circumstances.

Some thoughts on the game:
* VERY good response from Lukazade after NUFC - saved us 2 points;
* Both goals came from the ball being played early & infront of the forward line to enable them to attack it going forward;
* yet again we had no midfield to speak of off the ball & there was far too much space between our lines;
* not only do we look for the ball to be played to feet we wait for it to arrive;
* we were still too flat/square going forward;
* our ball retention was site - 44-46% possession & Wolves put us under more & longer periods of pressure than we could muster;
* effective scrambling defensive display without being commanding.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
What a nervy game that was! Wolves at their stadium will not be an easy game for anyone. Credit to the boys for grinding out a result. I didn't think we would win, but we matched them physically and our extra quality got us through in the end.

Bossa

Established Member
Song was good but his new playing style is leaving the midfield exposed and Wilshere the poor boy cant close down all the gaps.

Against Everton I would play Denilson instead of Wilshere because he's disciplined enough to play the holding role the entire. It would also give Fabregas more license to create.

fabo

6.51 / 10
We were brutal tonight, easy to see why we drop points so frequently.

But what a f**king win. That's for Karl Henry, nasty c**t.

Proof

Established Member
An overall poor performance from us. We were extremely luckY to win this game. Fabianski had a very good game.

Top Bottom