• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wolves v Arsenal - EPL - Wed 10th Nov 19:45

mo50

Established Member
Re: Wolves v Arsenal - EPL - Wed 10th Nov 8:00pm

Arsenal appeal red card for Koscielny

On Monday afternoon, the Football Association released the following statement:

"The FA can confirm that Arsenal FC have today submitted a claim of wrongful dismissal, following the dismissal of Laurent Koscielny for the denial of an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

"Koscielny was sent off in his side’s fixture against Newcastle United FC on 7 November.

"The claim will be heard by an Independent Regulatory Commission tomorrow (Tuesday 9 November).

Didn't see it posted anywhere else. From the official site

I don't see why the need to appeal. Unless they can argue the other defender was close enough to prevent it from being a clear scoring opportunity? It'll probably get doubled.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Well, +1 rather than doubled. And, yeah, I doubt they'll admit it was a poor decision.

mo50

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Well, +1 rather than doubled. And, yeah, I doubt they'll admit it was a poor decision.

Wasn't it a 1 match ban? It'll probably get doubled to 2 was what I meant.

arsenallegends

Established Member

We're short on defenders mo, think its a good call. I think we should play the same as last week.
In the case that...
Koscielnt's appeal is turned- Bring in Djourou
Cesc is still feeling 'restricted'- Move Wilshere further forward and play Denilson in BTB role.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Yeah Kos is banned alright, 2 match ban.

Not a huge blow really. See if Djourou can step in for two important away games.

mo50

Established Member

I'd say its a huge blow. Djourou's a disaster waiting to happen and I'll be pissed off if the ban is extended.

Herbas

The ban was not extended. It stayed the same.
Good luck DJ!

fabo

6.51 / 10

He is banned for Wolves and Everton.

It's on Arse.com.............<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/laurent-koscielny-appeal-dismissed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -dismissed</a>

I like Kos but thought he was poor on Sunday. The instance where he completely missed a header was laughable really, schoolboy stuff.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

mo50 said:
AnthonyG said:
Nah, it was two ('cause he's been a bad boy). And, I see, still is. I guess they were in a hurry to get back to their tea and biscuits.

Herbas

Checked Wolves forum and key things I found there:

1) they are worried about 3 games a week and are thinking that some of their main players should be rested (Hunt is No.1 to be rested according to them); They consider Bolton game to be much more important.

2) they are seriously afraid of Walcott speed.

3) 4-5-1 is the most touted formation to be played.

mo50

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
mo50 said:
AnthonyG said:
Nah, it was two ('cause he's been a bad boy). And, I see, still is. I guess they were in a hurry to get back to their tea and biscuits.

Oh, I didn't know about that rule.

2 red cards in 3 months. :lol:

There is light

Vermaelen injured in training again, he and diaby seem to be long term absentees now, good time for a setback especially when you have to play wolves and everton away and a london derby after that.
Just want to see us playing good football with a desirable end product, the team needs cesc to fire, we lost to newcastle because chamakh and cesc, both had a very forgettable day, though i am confident the guys would bounce back as we have been doing this season, come on gunners..

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

I couldn't care less about us playing good football or not, as long as we escape with three points.

otfgoon

Established Member

How on earth can you not care about the performance? Granted 3 points is the main thing but we need to start playing well otherwise we'll just drop points again sooner rather than later.

Y va marquer

Established Member

I see where red's coming from ofgoon

At the moment we just need to end our run of losses, a win, no matter how we come by it, will boost morale and restore confidence within the team.

We can build on that.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

otfgoon said:
How on earth can you not care about the performance? Granted 3 points is the main thing but we need to start playing well otherwise we'll just drop points again sooner rather than later.

Where have I said that I don't care about the performance?

We can still perform well, without playing good football.
Playing good football and performing well, are two different things - the former only comes with the latter (IMO).

If we escape with three points, it's already an improvement compared to the outcome of Sunday e.g. and that's all what matters for now.

I don't expect us to come out on the pitch and suddenly play good football again after our last couple of games.
I "only" want a solid overall performance and a win.

otfgoon

Established Member

How can you have a good performance with crap football?

Ya va, surely a great team performance that can dismantle a fairly decent Wolves defence, where we don't look like a group of strangers, would be an even bigger boost?

Though frankly I don't think confidence has much to do with it, the City win or the Shakhtar win should have solved any issues there, I think we're simply not playing well.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Being (as good as) water-tight at the back, creating not many chances but scoring somehow, and escaping with a narrow win and a clean sheet - would be crap football but a good overall performance if we won three points.

Lord Dula

Established Member

cant see us keeping a clean sheet nor registering more than once. therefore not good.

Top Bottom