• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wolves vs Arsenal Ratings

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7.5
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 6.5
Gibbs 7
Diaby 5.5
Ramsey 6.5
Fabregas 7
Arshavin 6.5
Eduardo 6.5
van Persie 6

Song 7.5

Biggus

Established Member
:lol: @ people giving Almunia 6's and 7's- he had one thing to do which admittedly- he did well, and that was picking the ball out of the back of the net.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
oh, and i suppose that goal was Manny's fault? come on Biggus.. not a fan of the guy, but you can hardly blame that on him

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
the ball was too far out for him to come out for it.. Craddock was left completely alone and put it where Manny had no chance to save it..

come on.. this is getting f*ing stupid now.. i guess Vermaelen (i think) was not at fault at all for leaving an opposing player all alone?

get real

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Yeah and it was actually closer to Cesc, I think it was him, who was on the post nearest to the corner.

Nobody jumped or got in the face of any Wolves, heck Craddock didn't exactly have to leap all that high himself.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Nope, it was a very average jump. I think Vermaelen might have been fouled because not only was he not jumping, he was bending down, like he'd been hit by an elbow in his stomach or something. In any case Almunia had no part in the goal. The goalkeeper obviously can't come out for every single ball. It's especially hard on corners with so many players occupying the same space, and this ball was heading away from goal. You have to have defenders marking the opponents, and ours failed this time.

hujja

Established Member
How Arshavin gets a lower rating than Robin I'll never know. Robin had a great assist, Arshavin had a great goal.

Apart from that, they were both even performance-wise.

Stop picking on the tubby guy! :p

Biggus

Established Member
USArsenal said:
oh, and i suppose that goal was Manny's fault? come on Biggus.. not a fan of the guy, but you can hardly blame that on him
I'm not really blaming him but he did absolutely nothing in the game.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Biggus said:
USArsenal said:

He is still learning from the Great inanimate carbon rod. :wink:

alboots101

Established Member
ibby said:
Had Vermaelen not made the mistake for the Wolves goal he would have been my man of the match. Gallas, van Persie and Fabregas were great I thought.

as ever huh ibby.

lets give some credit to Craddock.

alboots101

Established Member
Biggus said:
USArsenal said:

Almunia.

he came, he went, he got beat.

KY

Established Member
No way that was Almunia's fault. Watched that goal over and over again. Too far out for Almunia, or any other keeper to come to. Vermaelen's at fault for this one. He just let him run away from him.

alboots101

Established Member
KY said:
No way that was Almunia's fault. Watched that goal over and over again. Too far out for Almunia, or any other keeper to come to. Vermaelen's at fault for this one. He just let him run away from him.

Craddock worked his position brillianty, had it been TV5 doing that you would be wetting yourselves.

moony came and decided it WAS too far out..had he stayed on his line..who knows?

kramazov

Klaus Daimler said:
Nope, it was a very average jump. I think Vermaelen might have been fouled because not only was he not jumping, he was bending down, like he'd been hit by an elbow in his stomach or something. In any case Almunia had no part in the goal. The goalkeeper obviously can't come out for every single ball. It's especially hard on corners with so many players occupying the same space, and this ball was heading away from goal. You have to have defenders marking the opponents, and ours failed this time.

He was Bending down to allow Almunia to jump on the ball, 6 yards, is the Goalie's area to come and claim the ball.

Again Almunia is not a bad goal keeper he is just an ordinary one. watch Given and Van Der Sar with city and united and you will see how much they put into their team's point sack...

Gurgen

Established Member
Biggus said:
:lol: @ people giving Almunia 6's and 7's- he had one thing to do which admittedly- he did well, and that was picking the ball out of the back of the net.

That's the thing though, he did nothing all game. He came for one cross in 90 minutes. Most of the chances they had from set pieces in the first half could have been prevented by Almunia coming out to catch the ball. But I guess I'm an 'Almunia hater'.

Top Bottom