• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Words between Arsène and Allardyce

orion

We'll make Bolton pay

By DAVE KIDD

Arsène WENGER has accused Bolton of kicking his Arsenal team out of the title race last season.

The Gunners boss is out for revenge at in-form Bolton today after his side blew a two-goal lead in the 2-2 draw at the Reebok Stadium in April which proved the decisive point in their duel with Manchester United for the Premiership crown.

Wenger’s cool image was shattered when he famously pulled off his tie in frustration after a Youri Djorkaeff strike and a Martin Keown own goal earned Bolton a dramatic point.

Arsenal had just lost Freddie Ljungberg and Lauren to bad tackles and also saw Pascal Cygan limp off in a five-minute spell before Bolton dragged themselves back into the match.

Wenger is still raging about that match as he prepares to take his unbeaten leaders back to Bolton.

And he has even taunted Wanderers boss Sam Allardyce by insisting star players Youri Djorkaeff and Jay-Jay Okocha would not be playing for him if they were not over the hill.

The Frenchman fumed: “The referee was very lenient because we had two players kicked off the pitch in Lauren and Ljungberg without any punishment.

“It was the decisive moment in the league last season. On the day we were unlucky to be 2-0 up and lose three players in five minutes and be pulled back to 2-2.”

Allardyce had angered Wenger before that match by warning ref Andy D’Urso to be wary of Arsenal’s physical approach. The feud between the pair was heightened this week by Allardyce’s insistence that he would receive more credit if he was a foreign manager and his name was Allardici.

Wenger scoffed: “That’s not my problem. He can change his name - it doesn’t bother me at all.

“We expect another committed game, but we will go into this match with a completely different mindset — we want to be positive and play our game.

“I enjoy it when we go back to a place where we have had a bad experience.

“We can show we have improved. We were a bit too nervous at that game last year and we paid for it.

“At the moment we are not under any special pressure.”

Wenger could not resist another barb at Allardyce by insisting French star Djorkaeff, 35, and Nigerian playmaker Okocha, 30, would not be at the Reebok if they were younger.

He said: “They have players who were they younger would not play for Bolton.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 42,00.html

I'm really expecting our lads to come and give a great performance for 'The Boss'.

SydneyGunnerFan

i can see the two managers are going to be at it tonite aswell as the 22 men on the pitch should be good to watch and see what happens at the end of the game ay

Mark

Established Member
good to see we're out there for revenge. i hope we kill em out there today! :twisted:

SydneyGunnerFan

i think there will be a few cards given out tonite aswell in the game but i think we will have to watch what is happening between the two managers aswell as the players

slapz

Sam thinks Arsenal coulda killed them but blew it by taking their foot off the gas - according to the Bolton Evening News

Ridge

its bad when i think about the 2-2 draw last season.

come on gunners, lets play a good game in the reebok.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If the bad weather accidendently on pupose someone will be kicking out I mean it be easy to slip abit on the pitch, oh Im dreadful but hope you still like me :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom