Worst Arsenal memory?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Rex Banter, Sep 23, 2019.

?

What is your worst Arsenal memory?

1. CL Quarter Final 2007/08

7.2%
  2. Gallas meltdown vs Birmingham

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. CL Final 2006

65.2%
  4. EFL Final 2011

1.4%
  5. 8-2

7.2%
  6. Wayne Bridge 2004

4.3%
  7. Fabregas and Nasri Leaving

1.4%
  8. RVP Leaving

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 6-0 in Wenger’s 1000th game

7.2%
  10. Other: (10-2, collapsing on three fronts in 2010/11 etc)

5.8%
  1. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Honestly this is my 2nd worst memory , felt like it was all rigged . From the constant diving , tactical fouling , baldiola carrying on from the sidelines , ****ing goalkeeper whose name escapes me with his hands around RVP's neck and that ****ing ref - fycj that **** .

2. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

8-2 for me. It wasn't a very long time after having a brilliant team who had arguably underachieved. Fabregas had gone, Nasri was half way out the door.

I could not believe how poorly prepped we were for the start of the season. I thought we'd effectively thrown the game when I saw the lineup. Still, that said, I couldn't have fathomed that we would get so humiliated, especially annoying that it was Fergusons United. It made me sick for days.

I can barely talk about it without getting furious. It told me so much about our planning. Our direction. What messages we were sending out to our fans, players, and the other team.

3. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

@celestis liked this ffs

Rex Banter and celestis like this.
  4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

What about the Eduardo injury? I thought we were going to win the title until that point. We were 5/6 points ahead in the league.

5. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

@razörist what and miss out on the day Unai get's the sack ? that's worth living for :drool:

razörist likes this.
  6. razörist

My man.

(You not Emery)

celestis likes this.
  7. razörist

Communicado Official: Unai Emery Etxegoien.

Inject it.

8. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Riley was a disgrace that day. He did the dirty work and got his promotion as head of the refs.

Sapient Hawk and Rex Banter like this.
  9. Ricardinho

The Gibbs slip game? I'm sure it's had a few mentions

10. Ricardinho

I was pretty gutted when Adebayor left, and hleb a year earlier. Unlike bigger players that had left previously, these two still had something to achieve at the club.

Rosicky being out for the best part of two years. He was such classy little player. The same with Cazorla during his last two years here.

Having to watch Xhaka for 3 years and counting.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Roman taking over Chelsea. Over night that pissed all over what Arsenal had built and planned.

albakos likes this.
  12. ASIF

ASIF Well-Known Member

Champions league final loss to Barcelona.We played with 10 men for almost the whole match Sol Campbell scored a bullet of an header and we defended soo well till 70 mins.Then Barka dogs scored an offside goal.Henry had 2 one on one chances which he would normally put away 10/10 time but that wasnt our night I guess.I cried a little that night.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

The Champions League thing hits home later. At the time I thought we’ll be back there etc, it’s only later you realise how hard it is to win it, clubs like Utd and Barcelona have gone 20/30 year periods without it.

I underestimated the CL at the time, looked at it as a “big competition”, but really, it’s the holy grail.

Makes Liverpool wining it 6 times so phenomenal, but that club just has a different energy in that competition, I don’t know why.

14. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

We were never tactically so good and defence had problems in big matches in CL.We also didn't have luck in some seasons,like in 2004 and 2008.

We were way different in 2006.Played on result and almost got it at the end.

15. remains

remains Well-Known Member

Has to be the the CL final really.

Not on the list but I was absolutely gutted when Griezmann scored that late goal for Atletico in the EL semi at the Emirates. We played basically the whole game vs 10 men and failed to take advantage, gifting them the equaliser at the end. With Atletico’s home record that was the moment I just knew we had bottled the tie.

The romantic in me really wanted Wenger to leave with a European cup, which is why that particular result hurt so much.

albakos and krengon like this.
  16. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Saw that as the Gallas meltdown one, what a lovely day that was.

I’ll never know what the f*ck Clichy was thinking for their penalty.

albakos and Sapient Hawk like this.
  17. razörist

Koscielny was dead to me after that match. So happy he missed out on a world cup medal and left here in disgrace.

18. Ricardinho

The only positive that day was Theo showing what he was capable of

celestis and Rex Banter like this.
  19. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Part of me knew at the time the title was gone as soon they equalised.

Remember I was a lot calmer when we lost away at Chelsea and Utd late on in the season because I’d resigned myself to it.

The Flamini and Eduardo injuries f*cked us bad. Also

I think naming Gallas captain and him acting how he did must have been carnage in the dressing room.

albakos and Sapient Hawk like this.
  20. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

If Clichy just clears that ball we win the title that year, so frustrating to think of.. Gallas stupid handball after we take the lead at OT is another, so many silly mistakes that proved costly..