• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal XI

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
Been seeing a couple of Arsenal XI threads floating around and thought I'd start one for the worst ever players to don the red and white to provide us with some (hopefully) light-hearted relief in these uncertain times.

I'll start with mine:

hjDhib2.png

Notable mentions:
Mannone
Lichsteiner
Cygan
Mustafi
Denilson
Denis Suarez

Been seeing a couple of Arsenal XI threads floating around and thought I'd start one for the worst ever players to don the red and white to provide us with some (hopefully) light-hearted relief in these uncertain times.

I'll start with mine:

hjDhib2.png

Notable mentions:
Mannone
Lichsteiner
Cygan
Mustafi
Denilson
Denis Suarez
Surely Almunia can't miss a spot in there!

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Surely Almunia can't miss a spot in there!
As much as I hate Almunia, he had periods of good form and at one point people were calling for him to be given a British passport to play for England.

Martinez on the other hand is absolute garbage and I can't understand why he has been here for so long. And worst of all is he doesn't even have the will to get himself a move somewhere to play and develop. For someone his age over the past how many years, he should've gone mental to get a permanent move where he'd get games but he just goes on random loans here and there but prefers to hang around doing nothing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Almunia should be in everyone's worst 11 based on the fact he was our STARTING goalkeeper for 3 and 1/2 years, that's mental considering his actual ability versus the club/team we were at the time...we have had worse keepers, but having a proper starting goalie could have made a big difference from 2007-2010.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Almunia should be in everyone's worst 11 based on the fact he was our STARTING goalkeeper for 3 and 1/2 years, that's mental considering his actual ability versus the club/team we were at the time...we have had worse keepers, but having a proper starting goalie could have made a big difference from 2007-2010.
Absolutely and that's one of the biggest gripes with Wenger at the time. We could signed Brad Friedel for one for close to nothing or a decent gk when the prices for keepers were peanuts but for some mind boggling reason we persisted with Almunia.

say yes

forum master baiter

I'll start with mine:

hjDhib2.png

Notable mentions:
Mannone
Lichsteiner
Cygan
Mustafi
Denilson
Denis Suarez
That’s incredibly harsh on Martinez.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

I'll start with mine:

hjDhib2.png

Notable mentions:
Mannone
Lichsteiner
Cygan
Mustafi
Denilson
Denis Suarez
Think that's mostly right but harsh on Campbell and Elneny who mostly performed when given the chance.

Campbell specially contributed when he played here and put in the work.

Elneny as well when we bought him did pretty well. Pretty sure we don't make the CL if we hadn't bought him. He brought calm and order in a dreadful midfield at the time.

Riou

Almunia
Mustafi-Gallas-Stepanvos-Santos
Perez-Xhaka-Guendouzi-Mkhitaryan
Perez-Bendtner
...only picking players I watched as a fan, players who had significant appearances rather than just a few here and there, and even though some of them are actually decent players I felt they didn't live up to their potential/just weren't good enough versus what we paid for them.

Others like Stepanovs, are just pure ****.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Almunia
Jenkinson-Mustafi-Stepanovs-Santos
Gervinho-Xhaka-Guendouzi-Mkhitaryan
Jeffers-Bendtner
...only picking players I watched as a fan, players who had significant appearances rather than just a few here and there, and even though some of them are actually decent players I felt they didn't live up to their potential/just weren't good enough versus what we paid for them.

Guendouzi?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Almunia literally cost us a Champions League and did us in for several league campaigns. One of the worst goalkeepers I’ve ever seen.

For me it’s:

Almunia
Lichtsteiner - Silvestre - Squillaci - Traore
Gervinho - Denilson - Kallstrom - Miyachi
Sanogo - Chamakh

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Almunia
Jenkinson-Mustafi-Stepanovs-Santos
Gervinho-Xhaka-Guendouzi-Mkhitaryan
Jeffers-Bendtner

Sanogo was worse than Bendtner:rofl:

Riou

Guendouzi?

It was between Guendo and Denilson really, felt Denilson was better at the start before dropping off badly...just never like Guendo if i'm honest, find him very annoying.

Looking back at all our "main" central midfielders I have seen, I realised I quite like all of them really...even like Xhaka as a player, isn't suited to England and has been a big disappointment at Arsenal though.

Sanogo was worse than Bendtner:rofl:

Agreed.

But Sanogo actually helped us win the FA Cup in 2014 and I didn't expect much from Yaya, whereas Bendtner could have been as good as Giroud but just never tried...putting Nick in for the potential I think he never reached.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Agreed.

But Sanogo actually helped us win the FA Cup in 2014 and I didn't expect much from Yaya, whereas Bendtner could have been as good as Giroud but just never tried...putting Nick in for the potential I think he never reached.

Yeah,think that Bendtner had really bad attitude,probably could done more sometimes.Sanogo wasn't good enough for EPL.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom