• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you sign for 2nd and winning the EL?

Would you sign for finishing 2nd and winning the EL?

• Yes

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 61.0%

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Come on mate, do you really think finishing 2nd to Leicester is the same as finishing 2nd to the team who's been running the league for the last decade?

Everyone expects City to win the league. Leicester winning it is one of the biggest team sporting achievements ever.
I'm just showing you how coming second doesn't mean coming 1st the year after. Football doesn't work like that. So it puts to bed any idea that coming 2nd this year will lead to bigger trohpies in the next say 3 years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
don't think we have the experience to win the league yet anyway...

Feel we will still have chances to win the league these next few years anyway, just feel we aren't quite there yet so I would take this offer.

Ban this negative **** already @A__G , had enough of his **** 🤬

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We can do both but need first arteta use his squad right we get G.Jesus back and Partey stop getting injured. In europa there 3 favourite arsenal Barcelona and manutd on of them will go out next Thursday and teams remaining even we shouldn't underestimate them but the quality in no near those favourite

VancouverCanuck

We finished second behind Leicester. Did that get us closer to winning the league the following 3-5 years after?

United finished 2nd under Ole. No league after?

There are no guarantees that finishing 2nd means finishing 1st after.
Only the most disillusioned Wenger's supporters would consider finishing 2nd behind Leicester a success.

When it comes to finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th, context is everything. That season finishing 2nd behind Leicester, not only did we not take advantage of an extremely poor year from Chelsea, City and United, we had a shot at the title but bottled it during our run in.

I thought we did better the following year when we got 75 pts and finished 5th.

So back to the original question. Assuming our season does not implode from this point on, I consider finish 2nd and EL a huge accomplishment. BUT given our current position, I would all in for the league.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Our European 'achievements' are awful for a club our size. I remember us winning the Cup Winners Cup in '94 - nearly 30 years ago but before that we were hardly tearing up any trees in any European competition.

Despite all of that I voted no. I'd love us to win a European trophy but no way am I giving up the chance to win the league for it. Hell, we might end up finishing third but I'd still take the chance over settling.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Couldn't care less about the EL.

It's a mickey mouse trophy. The only real benefit of winning it would be the qualification for the CL next season which we're going to get anyway.

The PL is much more important and prestigious, secondary only to the CL in importance. I want to give us the best possible chance of winning it. Our squad is small and fixture congestion / fatigue / injuries will take their toll, you have to make sacrifices.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom