• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you take Ivan Gazidis back?

Would you prefer Ivan or Raúl?

• Total voters

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don’t know what the extent of the cutting the scout system is. Maybe it modernises the club and it’s a great thing or maybe it’s bad but no one knows until the time comes. That being said. When it comes to getting things done, it’s Raul over Gazidis everyday. If Gazidis were still here we probably would have traded Auba for Daniel James on a free transfer and given the Welshman £200k in wages.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Gazidis and Wenger sold our best players. Raul is signing up our best, young and old and adding quality to try and get us back to the very top.

So In short I'd rather sit on a cactus than take Baldy back.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Gazidis and Wenger sold our best players. Raul is signing up our best, young and old and adding quality to try and get us back to the very top.

Lol Gazidis kept us solvent, Raul sacked 55 and got in Luiz

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Raul might be shady but he gets things done.
I voted Raul without a doubt. Ivan destroyed this club. Gave Özil that gargantuan wage, brought Sanogo when our team was crying out for a top CF and blew over 90m on Xhaka, mustafi and Perez. We're still trying to recover from the latter

GDeep™

League is very weak

Got top 4 with Ivan. Broke all spending records under Raul to finish 8. Levels.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Raul mighty be shady but he gets things done.
Raul without a doubt. Ivan destroyed this club. Gave Özil that gargantuan wage, brought Sanogo when our team was crying out for a top CF and blew over 90m on Xhaka, mustafi and Perez. We're still trying to recover from the latter
Raul spent the most in our history ever to finish 8th.

He gets mid table done, yeah.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
No way. Clueless Man City fan who was a major problem and who brought more problems to the club that he left unsolved. He's despised at AC Milan and is known to avoid direct contact with fans, hiding behind Maldini who is quiet as a mouse. Boban used to be the only one who spoke to the fans. Sound familiar? Horrible little fella.

scytheavatar

Established Member
That’s the point I’m making. The structure under Gazidis those first few months of 2018/19 looked really promising.

Then as soon as he left you had Sven cut out of the picture entirely and resigning in protest over Denis Suarez.

Im not saying I rate Gazidis per se. However by all accounts it was a total clown show at Arsenal the last few years of Arsène’s reign.

There was no clear structure to footballing operations and you had chancers like **** Law, Grimandi, Primorac and Gerry Peyton who we couldn’t fire.

I’ve actually been really impressed with the work he’s done at Milan so far. If he’d have been given the power he has in Italy here would things have been different?

Raul was promoted and Mistintat was sidelined while Gazidis was still working for us........ he almost certainly recommended to the Kroenkes that they side with Raul over Mistintat. So if you think we are in a mess now thanks to Raul you should thank Gazidis for handing the keys over to Raul.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What? No Gazidis isn't doing a good job at Milan, what are you smoking?

AC Milan fans hate him already as well.

They’re in good form. Lot of promising young players and are in better shape than they have been for years.

Got a decent manager finally and the structure is getting rebuilt.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Read your post now and it’s actually an interesting take, but I’d still stick with Raul.

Recent noises from the club have sounded very dodgy, and I certainly prefer the sound of an analytics based approach to an agents led approach.

But, and it’s a big but, this is a result’s industry and for all his good talk, Ivan constantly failed to deliver. In contrast, Raul’s approach in the transfer market sounds dodgy as ****, but you can’t deny he is getting results (and then some). I’m actually enjoying transfer rumours again ffs. I mean, we’re a Europa league club, and I’m confident we’re actually going to get guys like Partey and Gabriel. Ivan could only dream of those kinda results.

Yeah I don’t actually hate an agent driven approach necessarily. I think it’s very risky but Raúl does have a lot of good contacts and the fact we’re able to pick up Coutinho and Willian very cheaply after finishing eighth is a positive.

I think long term a balanced approach with someone working above Raúl would’ve been best just to limit the likes of Cedric Soares you end up with.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Raul might be shady but he gets things done.
I voted Raul without a doubt. Ivan destroyed this club. Gave Özil that gargantuan wage, brought Sanogo when our team was crying out for a top CF and blew over 90m on Xhaka, mustafi and Perez. We're still trying to recover from the latter
And selling RVP to United for 22.5M. Genius baldy.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The guy basically gift wrapped Ferguson's last title with that van persie deal. He should have been told you either go to Juve or leave on a free the following summer but there's no way we can sell you to United. For that reason alone he should never be allowed back into the Emirates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom