• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xabi Alonso at Real Madrid

Soler

Established Member
Found this on Marca:

Crappy program translation: said:
Real Madrid has sent in the last hours a new offensive to close the transfer of Xabi Alonso. Iñaki Ibánez, representative of the player of the Real Sociedad, has met this morning in the Santigo Bernabéu with Jorge Valdano and Emilio Butrageño and the positions seem to be very near.

Jose Luis Astiazarán will be in Madrid on wednesday to attend the meeting of the delegated commission of Liga de Professional Fu'tbol and will take advantage of the occasion to meet with Florentino Perez and, possibly, to close the crossing of the player by five seasons.

The possible arrival of the midfield player of Tolosa would park ' the Emerson' route almost to the complete one. While Real Sociedad, where the exit occurs more than by supposed, practically has tied to Mikel Arteta to replace the international Spanish.

skart14

xabi alonso is an excellent addition to real....they are not kidding around are they.....

lewdikris

Established Member
Nope, they are not. They'd signalled their attentions to buy him a while back, and now they will. If Madrid become a serious football team again this season - which they will be if they buy Xavi, Samuel and Joaquin/Totti then everyone better ****ing look out.

JazzG

Established Member
I hear they have dropped their interest in Joaquin and Totti for now. TBH they don't need them and unless they sell one of their other star players then they won't be able to fit either in. It doesn't look like they are gonna sell any star players either!

They however imo need another CB to play with Samuel, Helguera is much better in midfield and a player like him could be a VERY handy squad player.

Seems like Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barca and Juve having a shake up at their clubs, those 3 will come back a lot stronger next season imo.

lewdikris

Established Member
JazzG said:
Seems like Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barca and Juve having a shake up at their clubs, those 3 will come back a lot stronger next season imo.

Having a few numeracy problems this morning jazz?

JazzG

Established Member
arrgh! Just before I posted that I remembered to put in Bayern Munich.

Am feeling terrible right now, runny nose, sore throatand the ol brain not functioning properly as usual......

KingReyes

Established Member
Real realise the mistakes they have made last season. No defenders, no replacement for Makelele. Xabi Alonso is a top player and will strenghten them alot.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
what's amazing is that Quieroz said LAST YEAR when first came that they needed more depth and defensive strength... after they have a **** year, they can Quoeroz and go and upgrade the team according to what he said...

Mark

Established Member
Xabi Alonso and Samuel are very good signings. They need them more than they need Joaquin and Totti. Those will probably come soon as well though, as long term replacements for Figo and Zidane.

I hate that they have so much money and can buy four players of such calibre. They will probably be much better next season.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom