• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yids!

Is the use of the word Yids and Yiddos in threatening chants or slogans acceptable?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't Know

• Sometimes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Beany - for the reasons I've stated before I firmly believe you're wrong.

As far as the wider political arguments regarding the middle east - any posts on that subject may well be removed. This is not a political forum and to be honest, a football forum is probably the worst place to discuss politics because of the fact that most fans are by nature passionate people.

If anyone wants to continue the political argument please provide a link to a more appropriate forum.

A

Anonymous

!886, I don't know your background, age or political leanings. The bottom line is that it's been made perfectly clear to you, in this thread, why your attitude to singing certain of these songs is offensive. If you must sing them, cast those concerns aside as absurd, and carry on regardless, then I can't stop you.

But youu reduce yourself, the reptation of our club and not the spuds by doing so.
hmmm, bullshit.
1886, well said son. im going to the game blatantly and i will be singing the same as you. as will 3,000 other gooners. it is only a minority that want it stopped. maybe in normaly public this using of the term yid is bad, but at arsenal/tottenham games, it is NOT. ive been sining it since i was 6, and i will sing it til i die. tottenham are yids in my eyes and no preacher will ever change my views.
we are the tottenham haters

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Beany - for the reasons I've stated before I firmly believe you're wrong.

As far as the wider political arguments regarding the middle east - any posts on that subject may well be removed. This is not a political forum and to be honest, a football forum is probably the worst place to discuss politics because of the fact that most fans are by nature passionate people.

If anyone wants to continue the political argument please provide a link to a more appropriate forum.

Fair enough!

In fact I'm sure you're right to the extent that the way this thread has developed isn't appropriate for a football forum.

This is therefore my last post on the subject.

In closure all I say is please understand the difference between language and context.

Beany said:
[!886, I don't know your background, age or political leanings. The bottom line is that it's been made perfectly clear to you, in this thread, why your attitude to singing certain of these songs is offensive. If you must sing them, cast those concerns aside as absurd, and carry on regardless, then I can't stop you.

But youu reduce yourself, the reptation of our club and not the spuds by doing so.

Beany- all you need to know about me is that i am ARSENAL THROUGH AND THROUGH. If i wanted to discuss polotics i would go elsewhere, simple as.

Ive also made it perfectly clear that when i use the term "yid" i am referring to **** not members of a particular religious faith and with that i also stated that any anti semetic songs, chants or slogans would be frowned upon by myself. So after all that, yes, i will be carrying on regardless.

As for reducing myself and the club- well, have you considered 18 away credits were required to be able to attend this game, there will be s/t holders, away scheme members and tc members that make up our three thousand allocation- and when theyre all singing yid songs will you also consider these die hards as letdowns?

A

Anonymous

well said 1886, that was all my bruv was trying to say. when singing yido songs it not abusing a racial group just Sp**s fans. and he got blocked for saying that !! censorship !

Alexone234

young1 said:
well said 1886, that was all my bruv was trying to say. when singing yido songs it not abusing a racial group just Sp**s fans. and he got blocked for saying that !! censorship !
You are using the word Yid to chant and sing at Sp**s fans because they draw their support from the Jewish community. This is the source of the jibe. As I said earlier, if we play a team that draws support from the Black community, can we sing Niggers and Coons to them? It has to work across the board. Does anyone feel it would be acceptable to sing Niggers to opposition fans with a large black fan base? If they do I would love to hear the rational behind that logic.

afundell

i cant believe this thread is even here, they abuse us more than we abuse them, they can all p**s off. I agree with clockend faithful. It isnt a racist thing or anything like that, they call themselve the yid army so it isnt iverly derogatory term if they call themselves it!!!!
There needs to more passion from arsenal fans and stop being too soft

Alexone234

Hey, I don't give a hoot if it derogatory to the Sp**s fans or not. The question is whether its is abusive to Jewish people. I sometimes wonder about people and their brains. Afundell, re-read your post and understand where you went wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom