Youngest squad in the Premiership

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by TornadoTed, Sep 4, 2019.

1. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying and we have suffered from this in the past, however I feel things are different now.

We have shown with Özil that we can pay top level wages, we have a great stadium in one of the most desirable cities in the World and give ambitious young players a chance. If we can also compete for titles regularly then why would they want to leave? City and Liverpool aren't losing their best players. If some of our players become World class and Barca or Madrid come calling then they are going to get bent over for £100m+ for them.

2. Swallow

Swallow Well-Known Member

Everybody will be a year older, how does is come down? It will come down if we shift Mustafi, Papastathopoulos, Özil and co.

3. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Yes, obviously that part is implied

Swallow likes this.
  4. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Yeah TBF we proper bent over Madrid for Anelka and used the money to buy a player that turned out to be god-level.

5. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

F*ck it and fill in the gaps like this, Holding, Torreira, Sancho and Piatek.

Also Havertz in for Ceballos.

6. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Who is made captain in that side? Auba, Laca, possibly Bellerin?

7. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Tierney, just to piss of those Celtic nonces.

No beside jokes, lots of captain material in that team. Tierney is a leader and lives 100% football by all accounts. Holding is English, solid, vocal so if he continues his rise he's an option for me. Guendouzi is all passion, determination and a leader on the pitch already for me. Plenty of good choices.

Jae and Malky like this.
  8. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Pissing off Celtic fans is always a valid reason! :lol:

I agree with what you're saying though, can easily see any of Tierney, Holding or Guendouzi as future captains.
    Personally I can see Holding being given it! Once he returns and (hopefully) gets back into the side, showing the form he was in before his injury, the future captaincy will be his to lose.

Jae, drippin and razörist like this.
  9. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Willock to bench Torreira. I think Torreira will have to be a tactical substitute from now on.

10. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Where do United and Chelsea compare to us with their young squads?

11. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NotMyManager

Adding insult to injury, so to speak, what with them burdened with Solskjaer at the crumbling wheel :lol::lol:

Mark Tobias likes this.
  12. Supermansdaddy

Supermansdaddy New Member

To me this is the first choice formation and team. Maybe put Lucas at the base of a V, but basically this. And somehow i dont think we will see this more than twice this year. Emery has weird ideals.

13. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

Our squad has an average age of 25.1, Chelsea has ana average of 25.9 the 4th youngest, Man Utd has an average ago of 26, the 6th youngest.

Liverpool have the 4th oldest squad at 27.9, nearly 3 years per player older than us.

drippin and RunTheTrap like this.
  14. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

T
    Those fullbacks! Can't wait.

15. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

I keep reading people complaining about bringing him on vs Sp**s but I don’t understand the issue. We needed a goal for all 3 points. I ****ing can’t stand Mhki too, but I understood he was the best of the options to either score or create the winner vs two youngsters without a PL goal to their names combined or a post contract and match fitness lacking Mesut Özil.

Hleb's Sirush and drippin like this.
  16. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

:drool:
    Throw Saliba and Nketia in there next season too...

Soon we’ll be out here destroying other PL clubs with basically a Carling Cup squad. :drool::drool::drool:

17. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be that guy...

Can we change the thread title to the Premier League rather than Premiership?

I know, I'm a d**k.

18. Ciscoo

Ciscoo Member

Tbh a Coutinho-like deal is probably our best chance of joining the elite. As long as we don’t **** around with contracts, we’ll be fine.

19. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

Surely laca gets a shout out for captain? Plays with as much passion as anyone, so he can lead by example.
    and winning seems to mean more to him than the other players too- it's written on his face

20. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

How old is Soyuncu?