• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your current state of supporting Arsenal

Will you ever stop supporting or watching Arsenal matches?

• Stopped watching football; it is no longer fun.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I didnt chose to support Arsenal so I cant chose to turn it of.

Im semi-interested in football in general but dont watch it that much otherwise

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I'll always be fan.The only difference that i was really up for every result and big game when i started support Arsenal.I was in bad mood for few days and was nervous as **** when we play big games in EPL and CL.

The mixture of bad results,not really like some players from this squad, lot frustrations and played kinda crap football took a lot from me.Always will love them,but not necessary like everything what i see.

Behrengauna

Arteta has at least brought me back to watching every match. To fully get behind the team again some players and manners have to be sorted out. Half of the team annoys the hell out of me with their theatrics and antics.

Also, bring back Curtis Mayfield.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I started supporting Arsenal under George Graham before Sky and streaming etc. Never missed a match or highlights. Wenger took my love up a few notches as did the old custodians and players but I lost a lot of passion under Emery early on. I watched but was neutral and angry at the same time and eventually deliberately missed matches, recorded and skimmed through or just deleted. I always liked Arteta and can get behind him but without Wenger or a Hill-Wood, Dein etc, there's still that little bit missing but not enough to make me turn away. The love and interest is back.

Jae

I still love them as much as I always have, but these past few years have been very very testing and frustrating. I still have the same passion, but I don't think I get as annoyed anymore when we lose. Maybe it's because I'm older or maybe it's because I've grown used to us losing fairly often. :facepalm:

Saying that I was screaming at the telly during that last Chelsea game (absolute **** stain of a referee ruined it).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The start of this season was tough, but Arteta has completely rejuvenated my love for the club. Never again should we appoint someone like Emery, we should always be looking at progressive managers and preferably one with connections to the club and who "gets it".

Going to the Everton game at the end of next month and absolutely cannot wait for it.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Started out passionately following during 2004 and 2005, but I was too young to grasp the size of being a supporter.

Think the best I've ever felt was in 07/08, downloaded every goal from that season, too. Still remember everything. Had such high hopes for the team.

When the young players I've invested so much time in started leaving one by one I've started feeling a bit detached. Özil signing rejuvenated something, as well as 2013-2015 seasons.

But the current state of football, not only that but the fake money-grabbing soulless time we live in took its tool. I wanted to say I'm less invested but I remember when Pepe scored vs West Ham I shouted so loud that my wife jumped. So I guess it's still there.

It's kinda funny, like Hornby wrote in his book. Everyone identifies me with Arsenal now. Even those that are out of my life for a long time probably remember me when someone mentiones Arsenal. It just becomes a part of you.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Started out passionately following during 2004 and 2005, but I was too young to grasp the size of being a supporter.

Think the best I've ever felt was in 07/08, downloaded every goal from that season, too. Still remember everything. Had such high hopes for the team.

When the young players I've invested so much time in started leaving one by one I've started feeling a bit detached. Özil signing rejuvenated something, as well as 2013-2015 seasons.

But the current state of football, not only that but the fake money-grabbing soulless time we live in took its tool. I wanted to say I'm less invested but I remember when Pepe scored vs West Ham I shouted so loud that my wife jumped. So I guess it's still there.

It's kinda funny, like Hornby wrote in his book. Everyone identifies me with Arsenal now. Even those that are out of my life for a long time probably remember me when someone mentiones Arsenal. It just becomes a part of you.

That's the season so far since we moved to The Emirates...had some very good seasons at The Grove, but 07-08 is the closest we have come to something really special, had some absolute top players that season...but only one, was the best...

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Why would you even still post on this forum if you're not watching Arsenal?

Let me put it this way, I'm a fan of Arsenal more than I'm a fan of football. I wouldn't even watch football if it wasn't for the Gunners.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yes, the badge.

Footballers play for themselves but when you find the right manager you can be a force. Football is extremely cyclical now it will be our turn in the future.

But yeah the money side of things in football is ****ed. Too many contributing factors to how good a team is which has nothing to do with actual football, like what your owner wants out of the club

To be fair, administration has always been a significant factor in football and some teams have always had some sort of financial edge. It's just that some clubs are owned by people who are more passionate about football and some not as much, which does suck in the case of the latter. Even a disinterested owner should want more success from the club because it brings more exposure and higher profitability, but the level of risk-taking and investments committed do differ greatly. You do end up wanting to commit more to something you are actually passionate about than you'd be to something you see strictly as a business.

Last edited:

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Will always follow and only support the Arsenal, and I'm still very much invested in the team, but I'd be lying if I said that my passion for the club and the game in general was the same as when I was younger.

The 07-08 season was probably the last time I was 100% emotionally invested in the club where my life pretty much revolved around Arsenal. I would read every article, watch every video, and the results of our matches would determine my mood for that week up till the next fixture. Obviously that season was brutal for us when it started with so much promise.

I think the CL tie vs Pool that season broke me. Was down for days after that defeat, and I don't think I've felt that low following an Arsenal loss since then. I still had lots of passion and hopes for the club, but I learned to temper my expectations greatly towards the end of that decade.

Losing to United the season after was another tough one, but knowing that we let the Mancs be the whipping boys vs that Barca side plus seeing Titi winning that ever elusive CL trophy made it an easier pill to swallow than the defeat the season prior.

A combination of having priorities and responsibilities as a result of growing older, coupled with the direction the club has gone (selling our best players year after year, poor decisions from management, taking our fanbase for granted - milking them for all they're worth while investing very little back into the club up till recently, etc.), have both contributed to the decline in enthusiasm/youthful exuberance I suppose, but I still yearn for those days where I lived and breathed Arsenal.

ArsenalLunatic

I’m making up for lost time. I didn’t grow up w Arsenal. I chose them later in life and I love them so every moment is a gift. Life is stressful and it’s my respite. My oasis. I wear my Gunners gear on game day and the next day if they win. The almost 2 hrs of any match I watch is much better than dealing w my wife. Or any family responsibilities. Incredibly emotional & intense during the game but once it’s over the tv or tablet is off and life goes on.
And yes I root for the badge -or the laundry as some say. Maybe I’m a sucker, a fool. That’s ok.
It’s sports. We’re not trying to cure the common cold.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Where you from?
India

I thought so too, but I don’t have it in me anymore. I’m at the edge of a cliff, ready to jump off any time now.

Done with football. Something is coming up for me too, so all my time will be invested in that anyway.

These are my last posts here too, it’s been fun. I’ll stick around to the summer window I think, my last hurrah.
Highly doubt it, but you'll leave a bit of a legacy if you do. That girlfriend comment still makes me smile.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
India

Highly doubt it, but you'll leave a bit of a legacy if you do. That girlfriend comment still makes me smile.
Always have mass respect for people staying up late or waking up early in the night to follow their team.

Can imagine skipping a few games when we are dreadful and you have to change your life schedule for it.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Always have mass respect for people staying up late or waking up early in the night to follow their team.

Can imagine skipping a few games when we are dreadful and you have to change your life schedule for it.
thank you. PL is almost bearable, but CL is torture. There is a reason my TV has always had a shut-down timer. :lol:

Emery actually made me stop being so obsessive about AFC. I now prefer to lie down in bed and follow the matches on A-M.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I think a lot of people need the excitement back, I had that for the EL final, yeah yeah **** cup etc but not gonna lie I was so excited that day at the possibility of winning a European final.

The club has been through an awful few years, yes the club have won a few FA Cups etc but in general there has been so much doom and gloom surrounding everything it has turned people away.

I expect a lot of people could make a return with passion if we play attractive football again.

Chaoz_Enigma

Being a guy living in Asia I started out following Arsenal in 2005. It was hard watching games late on in the wee night and to get up the next morning.

Champions league final was a downer, was watching on telly past midnight with glee when we were up. Until those dreaded goals came in.

Moved to the UK in 2012-2015 , unfortunately was living in Manchester. Managed to get some games at The Grove and those were the proudest moment of my life as it was my dream to be able to watch Arsenal live, eventhough i saw Blackburn beat us at home. Whilst in Manchester i did get to watch Arsenal in the City stadium, it was terrible as we lost 6-3. At that point of time i was sitting with the home crowd fans, which made it worse....

Well now i am back in Asia I still follow Arsenal, watch as many games as I could. If we win i celebrate like any other fans, but if we lose life still goes on as Arsenal is for life. The way of life for me and for others.

Glory days? Never really seen it but it doesnt matter. What matters most is that my heart resonate with the club.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
thank you. PL is almost bearable, but CL is torture. There is a reason my TV has always had a shut-down timer. :lol:

Emery actually made me stop being so obsessive about AFC. I now prefer to lie down in bed and follow the matches on A-M.
Me too.

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'm a 91's kid and thus too young for most that came about before Wenger, so in other words my picture of Arsenal was a lot up about him.

You know the drill, kids grow up and either see a club with their family/friends and take some of this passion over from them or you tend to cheer for the best team in the country as a kid.

In my case, it surely started by watching that gobsmashing football of Arsenal as, as a fella from Germany, I had no ties to the club in another sense.

They simply hit me big time as it was exactly the way I saw football was meant to be, somewhat in the cliché of 'the journey is the own reward'.
I always rated the style of football over mere results.

However, as a kid, if you don't have friends and family that ties you to a club, you kind of often end up switching support in that sense. It's just what kids do, I guess. But it didn't happen with me and if you'd have to narrow it down to one thing - it was Wenger.

He was a constant and with him the brand of football that was played at the club. You could go down in success but you'd never abandon Wenger-ball. It's absolutely crazy to have a coach tie you to a club in that sense, but he did.

I loved him to bits, most notably not merely for what he brings out of his players, but just simply the man.
His character, his attitude, his passion, his gratitude every single day and his love and respect for every person he meets.
Gotta say this is something almost unique in the world of football that has become so apparent, so vital such that if I could choose one person out of the football world I'd want to meet it's gotta be him. Would not even take my football idols Zidane and Henry over that.
He's just too much class on AND off the pitch.

Probably the biggest test for me to retain my passion for the Arsenal, after and inlcuding the final years of Wenger, was mostly the toxic atmosphere of the fan base which never really left up to this point.

That being said, I have seen a light at the end of the tunnel as I feel like Arteta is someone I really like and maybe, at some point could love as much as Wenger and in the same sense, someone that seems to have all the tools required to build something of similar magic here. A constant positive, just like Wenger.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What kind of tomfoolery is this??? Arsenal till I die. Will support them throughout the births of children, loss of loved ones, change of manager, selling of star players, bungs in bags, drink drive Captains, Brexit, WWIII, business ties with China and Stormzy vs Skepta.

Obviously, various life events means you take a step back in your football interest now and again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom