• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your current state of supporting Arsenal

Will you ever stop supporting or watching Arsenal matches?

• Stopped watching football; it is no longer fun.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
It's borderline a mental illness how much Arsenal affects me. I'd gone to every game since I was 6 that I realistically could go to. I'm now 35. I took some space from Arsenal this year physically. It marked only the second time ever I've left before 90 minutes (I previously had only ever walked out of one game, shunning over a grands worth of corporate hospitality after an abject performance in the carabao Cup final, then mustafis pathetic attitude to let aguero in just finished me off.)

This year I've ticket exchanged most of my tickets. It was affecting my life too much. I was feeling negative way too often and even my wife dreaded games. I'm really hopeful of Arteta, and I believe in him, but my desire to go to the games hasn't restored. Its sad, but I'm hoping it'll come back.

The board have been to contemptuous, the players too abject, and the expense too much, so I am where I am. But I strongly hope Arteta makes football seem fun again.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

2013-14 was probably the peak of my supporter-dom.

Gazidis had just come out with that Bayern bullshit, we looked to be well and truly on the up. The following years broke me, I still care but as some of you have noticed I pretty much disappear from this forum when things aren't going well.

Think that's an in-built defence mechanism to stop the club from ruining my life. Still a sucker for punishment though, a few promising performances and as much as I hate to admit it I'm already thinking about the top 4 and desperately hoping we go on a winning run.

When will I learn?

morpho

Established Member
Beeing a Gooner isnt a choice. Watching though, is... and I must say, under Emery i barely watched. Now, my hope gradually gets filled.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's mad because I'm probably viewed as one of the more cynical ones but I watch every single game I can.

The only games I missed last season were the early evening games. It almost became a twisted love-hate relationship where I always wanted to watch the Arsenal but was always ready to complain and twist the knife. So, so unhealthy.:lol:

Chaoz_Enigma

I'm a 91's kid and thus too young for most that came about before Wenger, so in other words my picture of Arsenal was a lot up about him.

You know the drill, kids grow up and either see a club with their family/friends and take some of this passion over from them or you tend to cheer for the best team in the country as a kid.

In my case, it surely started by watching that gobsmashing football of Arsenal as, as a fella from Germany, I had no ties to the club in another sense.

They simply hit me big time as it was exactly the way I saw football was meant to be, somewhat in the cliché of 'the journey is the own reward'.
I always rated the style of football over mere results.

However, as a kid, if you don't have friends and family that ties you to a club, you kind of often end up switching support in that sense. It's just what kids do, I guess. But it didn't happen with me and if you'd have to narrow it down to one thing - it was Wenger.

He was a constant and with him the brand of football that was played at the club. You could go down in success but you'd never abandon Wenger-ball. It's absolutely crazy to have a coach tie you to a club in that sense, but he did.

I loved him to bits, most notably not merely for what he brings out of his players, but just simply the man.
His character, his attitude, his passion, his gratitude every single day and his love and respect for every person he meets.
Gotta say this is something almost unique in the world of football that has become so apparent, so vital such that if I could choose one person out of the football world I'd want to meet it's gotta be him. Would not even take my football idols Zidane and Henry over that.
He's just too much class on AND off the pitch.

Probably the biggest test for me to retain my passion for the Arsenal, after and inlcuding the final years of Wenger, was mostly the toxic atmosphere of the fan base which never really left up to this point.

That being said, I have seen a light at the end of the tunnel as I feel like Arteta is someone I really like and maybe, at some point could love as much as Wenger and in the same sense, someone that seems to have all the tools required to build something of similar magic here. A constant positive, just like Wenger.

I totally get you. Theres Theres , absolutely nothing that ties me to Arsenal since I'm from Indonesia. Now that i think about it, the only thing that got me hooked to Arsenal was Arsène and his "classsiness". His philosophy in football and touch of class were the ones getting me hooked. From then on even as he left, i just cant leave Arsenal alone. It became obsession.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Only way I can even imagine stopping watching Arsenal is if/when football sells what remains of its soul

I for One welcome our new money owners.

The new football culture wont be reversed

And to challenge for titles you need rich owners willing to spend.

I want us to win, dont Care how we do it anymore

Plutarch

Today is Friday. Back when we were doing really well - many years ago - I could be so excited on Friday, thinking about the weekend game, that I'd find it difficult to concentrate on work. I haven't felt like that for a long time. I just generally assume we're not going to do very well. Still, with Arteta's arrival, I'm feeling some minor optimism.

Pepes blue pill

I for One welcome our new money owners.

The new football culture wont be reversed

And to challenge for titles you need rich owners willing to spend.

I want us to win, dont Care how we do it anymore

Was not said in regards to rich owners that are willing to splash the cash

Pepes blue pill

Imagine being a football fan though? 22 men running around a ball? Then you get old and die, and your grandson will say “he was a big gooner”.

Pretty bummy. Won’t be me.

Yep, always felt this and judging how talented young men are and if they will make it or not all whilst they most likely earn a **** tonne of money you will never see in your life, pretty weird

On top of that grown ups getting emotional over 22 men kicking a ball for 90 mins is odds

Escapism at its finest

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never realised , pricked at you conscience didn't it , cheating your way to titles , supporting a chod like Giggs .
:lol: Not proud of it. That was a big reason why I left. There was no honor with them.

SAF is a cnut. He kicked Beckam, threw out Stam, feuded with his captain. The only reason why the Manure guys support him is because he was their manager.

GDeep™

League is very weak
SAF is a cnut. He kicked Beckam, threw out Stam, feuded with his captain. The only reason why the Manure guys support him is because he was their manager.

So? It worked. At Utd you done as he wanted or you were out.

That managerial style won’t work today though with the player power and social media.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So? It worked. At Utd you done as he wanted or you were out.

That managerial style won’t work today though with the player power and social media.
It doesn't feel respectful, although you have a lot of people like that. He could have done it way more nicely.

I've worked for a few years under a boss like that and it is stressful for everyone. Don't like people like SAF. You don't need to be an asshole to win.

Latest posts

Top Bottom