• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youth Team vs First Team

Canuck

Established Member
It'd be quite a match, but it would depend on which frontmen could find their finishing touch (lately results favour the reserve attack) while I'm sure we can all agree the starting back line is still better than 4 youths across the back. Could end a squeaker 3-2 but I"m not telling which side would be up.

A

Anonymous

IndoGunnerz said:
there are two big teams in north london .... Arsenal and Arsenal Reserves ;D

Damn right.

As for the comparison, I don't even want to think about it.
The thought did come to mind though. Funnily enough.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
How about an Arsenal U-21 team vs. The Rest:

The U-21 team would look something like:

Taylor

Hoyte Senderos Djourou Clichy

Pennant Cesc Flamini Reyes

RVP Lupoli

vs

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Cole

Ljungberg Gilberto Vieira Pires

Bergkamp Henry

It'd be a decent match, with the first team just edging it. There'd be alot of goals in there, though. :)

A

Anonymous

Right now the senior team would edge it, based on thier current form.
Otherwise they would smack the sh*t out of the youth's easily.

dafish

i was thinking reyes and RVP to be on the senior team. if they were the senior team would win for sure. gilberto and viera have too much experience in controlling midfields to give it up to a bunch of kids

but given that reyes is on the team it is hard to say.... reyes isn't as creative as pires/bergie at top form but simply pulling viera/gilberto to one side of the pitch and passing it out to a free man can open up a lot of space if done at the right spot at the right time

Sammer

Established Member
1st team would win in my view, simply because the reserve-team defense would not be able to stop Henry and Reyes in my view.

sabret00the

Established Member
wouldn't Cygan's presence on the reserve team stabalize the defence? and surely the speed thing would be even, imo on current form the youth team would keep the game confined to the centre of the park.

Jasper

Everton is currently third in the premiership.
Our reserves team took it to them.
Our reserves team can be quite competitive in the premiership.

Taozhe

If you were to field this team in the premiership - it could be top 10 or even be top 5. Seriously full of talent. We will not worry if any of our stars left... hope they will stay loyal to the club and we won't be the next Ajax - selling club

shaz

striking wise thier about even in my opinion, but the reserve teams defense isnt as good.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom