• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I mean we're Arsenal fans so obviously we love guys like ESR, Saka and Tierney, but unless one of them makes a big jump up to elite world class player none of them are putting up league-leading creative numbers. Like this is Arsenal we're talking about here, we should be having one of the best attacks in the league as a given. I trust Auba to put away chances set up for him, but who's making them? We need someone on Grealish's level.

Outside of our poor form where we were universally terrible, Saka was putting up those numbers. Near top of league for assists last season from LWB. If Tierney and ESR continue form they will be.

I get that these are big ifs which is why we need another but I think they in tandem with a in form Auba is good enough to get top 4 which is the first step

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Dreaming of the summer where we spend the budget on one player who we all know without a doubt is going to improve us.

I agree, if it's Grealish, or Foden, but Olise+Buendia+Bissouma is also something we have hardly ever done and imo would guarantee success as well.

Not that much of a risk, even if just 2/3 do well.
There aren't that many players that fall into the 'huge fee, safe bet' category for me.

Grealish and Foden as the pipe dreams there.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I mean we're Arsenal fans so obviously we love guys like ESR, Saka and Tierney, but unless one of them makes a big jump up to elite world class player none of them are putting up league-leading creative numbers. Like this is Arsenal we're talking about here, we should be having one of the best attacks in the league as a given. I trust Auba to put away chances set up for him, but who's making them? We need someone on Grealish's level.
You've taken the words out of my mind here. Couldn't agree more.

I'd absolutely hate to see Grealish under Arteta though. A less glamorous 8 who can play as a 10 if needed who doesn't completely abandon defensive duties will be more suited for this version of Arsenal.

I'd love to see Bissouma here myself but I am not sure I could deal with the complaints.

He's literally one of the missing pieces of this puzzle though, Bissouma and Partey at the base of your midfield you're set. Two all rounders, both not overly defensive and can get the ball to the attacking players.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You've taken the words out of my mind here. Couldn't agree more.

I'd absolutely hate to see Grealish under Arteta though. A less glamorous 8 who can play as a 10 if needed who doesn't completely abandon defensive duties will be more suited for this version of Arsenal.

I'd love to see Bissouma here myself but I am not sure I could deal with the complaints.

He's literally one of the missing pieces of this puzzle though, Bissouma and Partey at the base of your midfield you're set. Two all rounders, both not overly defensive and can get the ball to the attacking players.

I get what you mean, Grealish seems too much of an individual for someone like Arteta. But it doesn't matter who the player is, if they're putting in performances like Grealish is then the coach has to play them and back them.

I just don't get some fans who are like let's get Bissouma and just let ESR and Saka be our creative players. Like wtf, this is the club of Bergkamp, Fabregas and Özil. We're not f*cking Everton, we've had world class creative players, just cos we haven't had that for the last 3-4 years doesn't mean we shouldn't aim for it again.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Outside of our poor form where we were universally terrible, Saka was putting up those numbers. Near top of league for assists last season from LWB. If Tierney and ESR continue form they will be.

I get that these are big ifs which is why we need another but I think they in tandem with a in form Auba is good enough to get top 4 which is the first step

I mean I love Saka but c'mon, he wasn't putting up league-leading creative numbers, he's nowhere near the likes of KDB or Grealish in terms of key passes etc. Maybe he'll be that player some day, but let's not pretend he's already an elite creative player. Same with ESR.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I mean I love Saka but c'mon, he wasn't putting up league-leading creative numbers, he's nowhere near the likes of KDB or Grealish in terms of key passes etc. Maybe he'll be that player some day, but let's not pretend he's already an elite creative player. Same with ESR.
What exactly do you want to say with that? We should just go out and buy Grealish for 80M?
I mean, the news is that we took the loan to finance players' salaries, that's the current state of our finances.
You should appreciate more that you have someone like Saka and ESR creating chances for us because the alternative wouldn't be Grealish, it would be the AMC version of Elneny

TakeChillPill

Established Member
What exactly do you want to say with that? We should just go out and buy Grealish for 80M?
I mean, the news is that we took the loan to finance players' salaries, that's the current state of our finances.
You should appreciate more that you have someone like Saka and ESR creating chances for us because the alternative wouldn't be Grealish, it would be the AMC version of Elneny

Willian

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Well then it's a question of what fans ought to expect of Arsenal in 2020, do we have a right to expect us to buy elite players or do we lower our expectations. The last time we had a dearth of creativity we went and bought Özil, just about the best creative player on the market at the time.

Of course I appreciate Saka and ESR, but it's another 5 years till they come into their primes and put up their best numbers. All i'm saying is a club like this shouldn't rely on a 19 year old and a 20 year old for their creativity. I'm not saying we should be City and spend 50m on a player for every position on the pitch. But in that key midfield position of the no. 8/10, that's a position you don't skimp on.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Well then it's a question of what fans ought to expect of Arsenal in 2020, do we have a right to expect us to buy elite players or do we lower our expectations. The last time we had a dearth of creativity we went and bought Özil, just about the best creative player on the market at the time.

Of course I appreciate Saka and ESR, but it's another 5 years till they come into their primes and put up their best numbers. All i'm saying is a club like this shouldn't rely on a 19 year old and a 20 year old for their creativity. I'm not saying we should be City and spend 50m on a player for every position on the pitch. But in that key midfield position of the no. 8/10, that's a position you don't skimp on.
Agree with the sentiment but we all know that just won't happen this window. If everything go our way and we get cl etc then maybe we could something big this summer. Then it's the question of either being happy with what we got or getting a good enough alternative to ESR

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Agree with the sentiment but we all know that just won't happen this window. If everything go our way and we get cl etc then maybe we could something big this summer. Then it's the question of either being happy with what we got or getting a good enough alternative to ESR

Oh yeah i mean more for the summer, i expect this window is more about getting players out. I'm not against creative guys like Buendia or whatever, and maybe he's actually one of the best, who knows, but in that category our rcruitment department should be aiming as high as possible. Like maybe a Grealish is just financially unrealistic, but why shouldn't someone like Ødegaard be on their list of targets?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If you wanna go back, I wouldn't say Özil was a great transfer because we've invested a lot in him with mixed results. Two great deals were Cazorla and Sanchez, both excellent players and we got them for less than they were worth.
If we look at the present again, I would say Gabriel and Partey transfers were very similar to that, you can feel we've paid less than they are actually worth.

I think we are in a period where we need to be smart again and avoid big transfers at all costs. Promotions of ESR and Saka, transfers of Partey and Gabriel... All that was a great business with the exception of Willian/Luiz contracts.
This Bissouma guy falls into that category as well, nothing major, just an effective piece of business that would improve our squad from day one.

To answer your question, I would say this season (possibly the next one as well) should be the one that will set the right base for the future, and we can add fancy transfers later when our finances are finally sorted. Results on the table will come later

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
If you wanna go back, I wouldn't say Özil was a great transfer because we've invested a lot in him with mixed results. Two great deals were Cazorla and Sanchez, both excellent players and we got them for less than they were worth.
If we look at the present again, I would say Gabriel and Partey transfers were very similar to that, you can feel we've paid less than they are actually worth.

I think we are in a period where we need to be smart again and avoid big transfers at all costs. Promotions of ESR and Saka, transfers of Partey and Gabriel... All that was a great business with the exception of Willian/Luiz contracts.
This Bissouma guy falls into that category as well, nothing major, just an effective piece of business that would improve our squad from day one.

To answer your question, I would say this season (possibly the next one as well) should be the one that will set the right base for the future, and we can add fancy transfers later when our finances are finally sorted. Results on the table will come later

I'd say the second Özil contract was a mistake, yes, but the original transfer wasn't.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

To add some context, Saka is nowhere near league-leading. Özil in his prime, for example, would have been one of the highest on the scale for passes into the penalty box.

Erhonu-U0AQxpnz

REWB

Honestly its impossible to buy players from PL clubs now, they are all bloody Rich, even ****ty championship sides like Norwich are Rich

Iceman10

Established Member
Dreaming of the summer where we spend the budget on one player who we all know without a doubt is going to improve us.

Sometimes it just doesn’t work out, for example Di Maria, or even Pogba. Most here would have thought Özil, Alexis, Aubameyang, and Partey were those players, and in some ways the first three definitely were no worse than Pogba in terms of success, and Partey should be an unqualified success. There is an argument to not put all eggs in one basket also. Tierney and Gabriel both look like good quality additions even though they were in the 20-30m bracket. I would say Bissouma for 30-40m could end up similar.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Honestly its impossible to buy players from PL clubs now, they are all bloody Rich, even ****ty championship sides like Norwich are Rich

I've been banging this drum for ages, other than the odd exception there is no value in the Premiership. As soon as a player has half a decent season they are instantly worth £40m+

benjamin86

Established Member
Does Zambo Anguissa (Fulham) interest anyone? Similar skillset to Bissouma but seems to be even better at dribbling the ball out.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Does Zambo Anguissa (Fulham) interest anyone? Similar skillset to Bissouma but seems to be even better at dribbling the ball out.

Yeah he’s looked good when I’ve seen Fulham this year.

Really does the work of two guys in the midfield and links their players so well.

OSBK

Established Member
Well the main reason i would want him is because he is better than everyone apart from partey. Signing him allows us to get rid of the other cm's without any issue, neny, xhaka are not good enough to challenge partey or biss. We can then promote youth and see if they have what it takes to challenge that cm partnership.

Every signing we make now needs to be that calibre of partey and gab, players who are first 11 quality and room to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom