• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zak Ansah

Status
Not open for further replies.

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
People's character and opinions outside of their work shouldn't affect their jobs, unless there is a direct conflict between the two. There are millions of people who have qualms with their jobs but continue doing it, just like Ansah. Just because they happen to state their hatred for it after hours, or state their favouritism towards a rival does not mean that they should be condemned. The only evidence against Ansah states that he is a Man Utd fan who isn't afraid to dish out at rival Arsenal fans. The only real criticism you could have is that he should be more respectful to his employers and that is all. That's also not to say that he isn't respectful because for all we know he is a well behaved player who respects his coaches and peers.

If you were an intern for Nike and published statements online that Nike was rubbish, you hated it, you wouldn't wear it and you much prefered Reebok because they made infinitely better products, then these comments made their way into the media you would almost certainly lose your internship and you sure as hell wouldn't be offered a full time position.

McIntyre

Established Member
qs said:
outlaw_member said:
People's character and opinions outside of their work shouldn't affect their jobs, unless there is a direct conflict between the two. There are millions of people who have qualms with their jobs but continue doing it, just like Ansah. Just because they happen to state their hatred for it after hours, or state their favouritism towards a rival does not mean that they should be condemned. The only evidence against Ansah states that he is a Man Utd fan who isn't afraid to dish out at rival Arsenal fans. The only real criticism you could have is that he should be more respectful to his employers and that is all. That's also not to say that he isn't respectful because for all we know he is a well behaved player who respects his coaches and peers.

If you were an intern for Nike and published statements online that Nike was rubbish, you hated it, you wouldn't wear it and you much prefered Reebok because they made infinitely better products, then these comments made their way into the media you would almost certainly lose your internship and you sure as hell wouldn't be offered a full time position.

I was about to write something similar. There are tons of people who have been fired from their jobs for writing abusive remarks on their Facebook, Twitter etc. or in emails circulated amongst colleagues and friends.

I'm not fully buying into the idea that this is real, because there are a ton of weirdos out there creating fake profiles and such, but if it's proven to be his profile and that he wrote those comments then he surely has to be disciplined if not released from his contract, just as he would be in a real job.

Anyway, the kid is only 15, shouldn't there be someone monitoring his usage of the internet. :lol:

outlaw_member

Established Member
qs said:
It's not the same though. If you were a salesman for Nike then your comments would conflict with your work because you were being contradictory. Not to mention that your opinion on products can change with every passing minute. Your support for a club is infinite, so an employer has to respect his employees desire to support another club. Like I said, he was disrespectful but there really isn't much more to it. Especially, none of this crock **** about him being an illiterate and how he should be sent packing.

Lukazan said:
Why not just type properly anyway though?

Maybe he just couldn't be bothered. Maybe he was oblivious to the 300 A-M members who were going to scrutinised his webpage. Maybe he thought that this is the one place where he can write exactly like how he talks, without a teacher telling him otherwise. It's a networking page, who the **** actually cares about how coherent it is.

Del Boy said:
And who pays his wages? Arsenal fans that pay 60 quid to watch the team at the Emirates. You think he can continue to lambast our fans and have a future at the club?

If he continues this sort of behaviour and eventually plays in a meaningful match of some sort then the abuse from the fans will be off the charts. And as we seen with Megson at Bolton if they fans voice their opinions loud enough then eventually they will be listened to.

It's disingenous to lump us fans into one whole group. I don't contribute to his wages and neither to the large majority of Arsenal fans. I highly doubt any of those Facebook merchants pay his wages, either.

kel varnsen

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
[

Lukazan said:
Why not just type properly anyway though?

Maybe he just couldn't be bothered. Maybe he was oblivious to the 300 A-M members who were going to scrutinised his webpage. Maybe he thought that this is the one place where he can write exactly like how he talks, without a teacher telling him otherwise. It's a networking page, who the f**k actually cares about how coherent it is.

if he both talks and writes like that, i feel even more sorry for him...

Lukazan

Established Member
Not to mention if he talks like he writes he is definitely a ****, which is what I was saying anyway.

Del Boy

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I don't contribute to his wages and neither to the large majority of Arsenal fans.
:|

Eh? 60,000 people pay good money every week to this club and it falls down the chain to players. How can you condone him telling them "go kill yourselves" or "arsenal aint english".

There is a line and this punk surely has crossed it. Should be released on the spot.

There are thousands of kids and adults that would give their right arm to play for this great club. If this little **** doesn't appreciate his position or the club then can **** off.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Del Boy said:
outlaw_member said:
I don't contribute to his wages and neither to the large majority of Arsenal fans.

Eh? 60,000 people pay good money every week to this club and it falls down the chain to players. How can you condone him telling them "go kill yourselves" or "arsenal aint english".

not only that. merchandise, tv money, prize money etc are all direct or indirect payed for by the fans.

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
It's not the same though. If you were a salesman for Nike then your comments would conflict with your work because you were being contradictory. Not to mention that your opinion on products can change with every passing minute. Your support for a club is infinite, so an employer has to respect his employees desire to support another club.

So now the "job" comparison doesn't suit your argument any more? Of course they aren't the same, Nike consumers wont be deeply offended by comments the way supporters of a football club will.

outlaw_member said:
I don't contribute to his wages and neither to the large majority of Arsenal fans. I highly doubt any of those Facebook merchants pay his wages, either.

Of course they do. Everyone who buys a ticket to a match does and he's just insulted everyone of them.

Biggus

Established Member
Most footballers are dumb thats why they ended up playing football, most of us know more about Arsenal and football in general than they do and this guy is only 16 which makes him twice as stupid.
Don't worry too much.

Del Boy

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Del Boy said:
outlaw_member said:

not only that. merchandise, tv money, prize money etc are all direct or indirect payed for by the fans.
Exactly. What is the bets Outlaw is wearing an Arsenal jersey when he posted that?
Money paid to the club.

Although he probably has his Chelsea top on for tomorrow... :wink:

outlaw_member

Established Member
I've said enough in this thread. Ultimately, the difference between myself and most others is that I don't take FACEBOOK comments seriously, especially not those made by a young and immature 15 year old. Least of all, I'm not going to make conclusions from it, particularly because I don't have the full story.

qs

Established Member
Whether he said it on Facebook, on TV, out on the town or wherever it doesn't change what he said.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Unless he didn't actually say it! Like I said this could be a bitter person with a grudge against him for all we know. Its hard to believe somebody would be that stupid.

outlaw_member

Established Member
qs said:
Whether he said it on Facebook, on TV, out on the town or wherever it doesn't change what he said.

Personally, there is a marked difference between a social networking site and an actual media outlet. One is a medium to convey a message to the masses, whilst another is used as a means to connect with your friends to basically have fun.

qs

Established Member
Completely irrelevant. No different to him posting on his facebook and Shava posting on his blog. The reality is this kid has an opportunity that he's been given by Arsenal and it comes with certain responsibilities. One of those is not to embarrass the club publicly by posting **** like this on the internet.

outlaw_member

Established Member
qs said:
Completely irrelevant. No different to him posting on his facebook and Shava posting on his blog. The reality is this kid has an opportunity that he's been given by Arsenal and it comes with certain responsibilities. One of those is not to embarrass the club publicly by posting s**t like this on the internet.

That's where we disagree, I think it's completely relevent.

11vanpersie

wow, I have some footballers on facebook and if you lot could read what some of them say you would all go crazy. especially a certain young England player who plays up North. him comments are hilarious, they make my day.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Oh, for ****'s sake. You're talking about derailing a fifteen year old kid's future career over a paragraph he wrote on Facebook.

If that were to happen then in one week everyone on here calling for his head would have forgotten his name, but he certainly wouldn't have forgotten his misfortune.

Just take him aside and give him a stern warning. Suspend him for a fortnight or something. That's what would happen if he was a regular kid and instead of bagging out Arsenal and gooners, he was bagging out his school and his teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom