• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan slams Arsenal's transfer policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal Striker Bendtner Hits Back At Ibrahimovic 'Junior Team' Claims
The Dane thinks the Inter's striker's criticisms of the Gunners' transfer policy is way off the mark...

Nicklas Bendtner has hit back at Inter forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic's claims to feel sympathy for Arsenal fans, because of the thrifty transfer policy of Gunners' manager Arsène Wenger, with the Frenchman preferring to keep the club on a sound financial footing by investing in youth rather than big-name stars.

"Just look at Arsenal. They don’t buy the best players, which is sad, very sad for their supporters," the Swede told Aftonbladet.

"They pay a lot of money for a season ticket just to see a junior team. That can't be fun."

However, Bendtner has responded forcefully to those claims, asserting that his manager knows exactly what he is doing, and has only the best interests of the north London club at heart.

“He is not correct. His words don’t make any sense at all," he affirmed to Danish newspaper B.T.:

"We could have performed better this season but we did reach the semi-final in the FA Cup and the Champions League. Further than his Inter side.

“We scored as many goals as Manchester United and that shows what we are capable of.

"And in the Premier League there’s so much competition because it’s the best league in the world. It’s clearly better than Zlatan's league, Serie A."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/06/03/1303704/arsenal-striker-bendtner-hits-back-at-ibrahimovic-junior-team-cl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... or-team-cl</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gunner4life09

Good to see Bendtner sticking up for Wenger and Arsenal.

Who the hell does Zlatan think he is mouthing off at Arsenal, what was he even doing talking about us. I like many believe that the gaffer should invest in some much needed experience and quality in positions like central midfield and the defence but calling us a "youth team" is not on...

qs

Established Member
Why the **** is Ibrahimovic talking about us anyway? I don't care what anyone says we are better than Inter anyway. Let him come to the Premiership and show how good he is. IMO he'd be no better than Berbatov at a top English side.

Oh and this ****ing youth team got to the Champions League semis. More than you can say for Inter.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Nice one Nik! I couldn't give a **** if Zlatan has a point somewhere in there, it seems everyone is having a dig at these guys and it's nice to know that they're standing up for themselves and their team.

dyeruz

Established Member
Just been promoted, I need a pat on my ass! Ibra needs to calm his skin down, he seems intent on insulting Wenger and the club with such juvenile comments, he needs to stick to flat track bullying, and ditch the wand and cape...and stop his disappearing act against big clubs

qs

Established Member
I wonder are Inter after one of our lot. Maybe this is the start of a Barca-esque media assault on a transfer target. Hope not.

Goonereagle

With the current transfer sagas going on, I'll admit it would be nice to be linked with the superstars, but I'm also very happy to players turn into superstars, whilst not bleeding the club dry.

I don't know why Zlatan wants to have a pop; maybe he wishes Arsenal would sign him. Zlatan himself is still potential in some respects, as he was hardly a superstar when he played Man United. If one of the "best players" was upfront for Inter over those two legs, Man U would have been knocked out, but Zlatan couldn't live up to his hype.

No-one wants to buy over-rated wannabes.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
dyeruz said:
Just been promoted, I need a pat on my ass! Ibra needs to calm his skin down, he seems intent on insulting Wenger and the club with such juvenile comments, he needs to stick to flat track bullying, and ditch the wand and cape...and stop his disappearing act against big clubs

*pats dyeruz on ass*

dyeruz

Established Member
A_Gooner_Matata said:
dyeruz said:

*pats dyeruz on ass*
nice one *no homo*

NWgunner

Good on Nik, he said exactly what I would've (regarding a junior team getting further in the CL than Inter). Zlatan's talking nonsense, I'd be interested to know why though.

dyeruz

Established Member
A_Gooner_Matata said:
dyeruz said:

*pats dyeruz on ass*
nice one *no homo*

tam1886

Established Member
I've never really liked the ****muncher anyway, but for nothing in particular.

Looks like this has just given me the perfect reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom