• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan slams Arsenal's transfer policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Klaus Daimler said:
Biggus said:
hujja said:
:lol: at the Sweden-Denmark handbags.

It's pathetic, if Tam can get on with all the Paddy's why can't you two get on?

Get on. :x I say.
It's a little bit too late for that Biggus. You have no idea how many of my countrymen who died at the hands of Viking's serial-killing-and-also-puppy-hating ancestors at the Scanian war. They were all like: "Scania belongs to us because we took it! We're gonna turn you all into slaves and work you to death in our danish pastry mines if you don't do as we say!" And all swedes were: "But it's ours! Really! Look - it's a part of the continent! You're just a nation of small isles tied together by crappy bridges! You can't own land!" To which the danes, probably driven by some weird retardness in their genes caused by generations of inbreeding, responded by going absolutely mental (really, we're talking Joey Barton-loses-his-bottle-at-a-family-gathering-mental here) and killing stuff all around them. We've been angry at them for 330 years now for doing that. This saturday is all about redemption.

And we're just looking to repeat the Stockholm Bloodbath. Also, Sweden (and England too, but that's much earlier) was under Danish rule as early as 1397, so it's obviously ours by right of being awesomesauce.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
entropy13 said:
A_Gooner_Matata said:
Can we get an official Sweden vs Denmark thread going? :lol:

You better get started now, consider it as a prelude to hosting the World Cup. :p

We can have the flags up there and the lyrics to the national anthems and pictures of Miss Sweden and Miss Denmark (which will determine who we support) and we can all dress up and have traditional Scandinavian cuisine. That's something worth fighting for.

Viking

Yeah, right up until the big bad mods close the topic. I'm surprised they haven't reacted to this one yet!

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Viking said:
Klaus Daimler said:
It's a little bit too late for that Biggus. You have no idea how many of my countrymen who died at the hands of Viking's serial-killing-and-also-puppy-hating ancestors at the Scanian war. They were all like: "Scania belongs to us because we took it! We're gonna turn you all into slaves and work you to death in our danish pastry mines if you don't do as we say!" And all swedes were: "But it's ours! Really! Look - it's a part of the continent! You're just a nation of small isles tied together by crappy bridges! You can't own land!" To which the danes, probably driven by some weird retardness in their genes caused by generations of inbreeding, responded by going absolutely mental (really, we're talking Joey Barton-loses-his-bottle-at-a-family-gathering-mental here) and killing stuff all around them. We've been angry at them for 330 years now for doing that. This saturday is all about redemption.

And we're just looking to repeat the Stockholm Bloodbath. Also, Sweden (and England too, but that's much earlier) was under Danish rule as early as 1397, so it's obviously ours by right of being awesomesauce.
You should have that embroidered on your flag. "Denmark - Assholes since 1397 and counting".

Viking said:
Yeah, right up until the big bad mods close the topic. I'm surprised they haven't reacted to this one yet!
I know, right? They're like Norway and Finland - always dipping their nose where it doesn't belong (yes, feel free to interpret that in a sexual way).

ivansen

Klaus Daimler said:
Viking said:
Klaus Daimler said:

You should have that embroidered on your flag. "Denmark - Assholes since 1397 and counting".

Viking said:
I know, right? They're like Norway and Finland - always dipping their nose where it doesn't belong (yes, feel free to interpret that in a sexual way).

Are you refering to our peace-keeping/building diplomatic achievements? Or the "dipping" of drills in the north sea? :mrgreen:

Viking

Klaus Daimler said:
Viking said:
Klaus Daimler said:

'Denmark - Being dicks for over a millennium' - Sounds better, and it's also true!
Klaus Daimlol said:
Viking said:

Exactly.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
ivansen said:
Are you refering to our peace-keeping/building diplomatic achievements? Or the "dipping" of drills in the north sea? :mrgreen:
Well, that. And the fact that you're clubbing baby seals in the streets.

ivansen

Klaus Daimler said:
ivansen said:

Watch it or we'll buy your country!!

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
ivansen said:
Klaus Daimler said:
ivansen said:

Watch it or we'll buy your country!!
You can't afford it any more! That's one of the disadvantages of stashing up on oil for decades without letting anyone else have any while the world is hit by recession. :)

outlaw_member

Established Member
Viking said:
A bit late in getting around to replying, but you'll probably live ;)

Your assumption that I judge Zlatan's ability on 10 games is wrong. There's no doubt he is an immensely talented player, but I have questioned his ability to take the last step, when it really matters. Since his national team is pure s**t on a stick, one of the places he really has that chance (apart from the biggest matches in Italy) is the Champions League, where he has failed to do so. Arguing that his team has also let him down is fair enough, because that's also a factor. However we have often seen truly great players shining even though their team is mediocre. A good example of this is Henry in 05/06 - not exactly the most spectacular Arsenal side, yet he still stepped it up in the CL, especially against Madrid.

I never said that you only watched 10 games. I said the majority of his critics have only viewed that amount. :wink:

Your only comparing him to arguably the greatest player of the last decade. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom