• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zonal Marking

Floating

Established Member
heltaschelta said:
Add some real aggression and I'd be happy. I really don't think that the height situation is as important as aggression and desire.

Aggression and desire will not only help our performance on set-pieces, but all over the pitch. Those qualities will vastly improve our pressing game, which will take the pressure off of our back 4 and help us win the ball high up the pitch to create chances. Simple really!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Floating said:
heltaschelta said:
Add some real aggression and I'd be happy. I really don't think that the height situation is as important as aggression and desire.

Aggression and desire will not only help our performance on set-pieces, but all over the pitch. Those qualities will vastly improve our pressing game, which will take the pressure off of our back 4 and help us win the ball high up the pitch to create chances. Simple really!

100% agree with you here. However, that aggression and desire must be channeled and honed correctly so that it is utilised efficiently and effectively. Our defense must have the right mental attitude and I just hope that Arsène gets this through to them this season. More communication when defending would be welcome and it's time for a defensive leader to step up-over to you Tommy V!

AFC-Phil

Established Member
This was our defending corner set-up vs NYRB:

corner.jpg

Only one player on the far post with 7 zonal marking. Then we have two players waiting on the edge of the box to initiate a counterattack.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Problem with so many people doing this zonal marking in our team is that players like Nasri are expected to mark an area (I remember his zone was dead centre just outside the six yard box vs Boca, which seemed crazy) and as we get into the season, oppositions biggest threats are just going to aim for those zones as well as the corner taker.

I agree with those above saying it should just be 3/4 zonal markers (the best headers' of the ball) with the others man marking.

ebouenolike

Established Member
10000% agree with leaving Theo minimum right up the pitch for a counter.

It means they have to get a couple of defenders back and it eliminates some of the madness in our box.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I would have Theo pretty much on the halfway line and Fabregas?wilshere just outside the box. Fabregas and Wilshere are good ball carriers and both pretty poor in the air...and Theo could make runs off them on the counter...

It could be beautiful!

CandysRoom

Established Member
Anyone who can play a long, through ball for the likes of Walcott or Gervinho to run onto would help.

We catch a couple of teams on in this fashione arly in the season and we may see a more cautious set-piece approach from the enemy as the season wears on.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom