• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp - Whats his next move?

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Going to be a lot of speculation on where Klopp is going to end up. A lot of shake up this summer perhaps. Pep and Ancelotti might be available as well.

Who is going to potentially need a new manager?

Man City
Liverpool
Real
Bayern
PSG
Monaco

City is going to be at least a mid-length rebuild project. They need to skirt FFP and replace some key players with really top level youth if they hope to maintain they tenuous status. Klopp seems ideally suited to what they actually need but their oil owners have shown impatience and want to buy instant success. Could be a bad match.

Liverpool would be dangerous if they got Klopp. They have some resources (at least on par with Dortmund now if not more with new TV deal). Wouldn't want him to go here and they are not so attractive.

Real looks to be grooming Zidane to take over after Carlo. I can see Real giving Ancelotti one more year to let Zidane groom.

Bayern is interesting. Pep doesn't seem to be fitting in. Recent row with medical staff quitting seems to show a lot of discord there at FC Hollywood. but Rummi has Guardiola's back so Pep might last one more season. Klopp to Bayern would make an interesting story though.

PSG might be ready to move on and try Klopp if they are serious about pushing for the CL. I can see them being more patient than clubs like City or Real who demand constant instant success. PSG might be a good fit for Klopp.

Monaco are in a weird state. They might be happy with using Jardim and his negative approach and just try to buy talented youth. Might be a good strategy but would be better with Klopp than Jardim. Could be a long shot.

Danskin

Established Member
Man City are a real possibility. Can see him going to Real if Ancelotti doesn't win the League or the Champions League. I don't think Klopp would like to go to Liverpool - they've got no Champions League football and they can't atract big names. I could be wrong though but if I had to bet, it would be on him moving to Manchester.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I really hope it won't be to the EPL, because I'd like to see him at Arsenal in the future. Him becoming the next City or Pool manager would probably ensure that doesn't happen.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Man City, Liverpool or United if they're ruthless and feel Klopp is their man.

If Madrid don't win anything this season then there's a chance Madrid will get him and IMO that's the only way we'll ever see him managing us.
Hopefully he goes Madrid.

GDeep™

League is very weak
City or Real might be looking for managers. I suspect Klopp has been tapped up, probably already has offers.

Met City in 2013. Rule out PSG or Monaco, think Klopp is joining a super league - PL or La Liga.

People worrying about if Klopp go somewhere else he won't come to Arsenal one day...

Managers don't stop long at their clubs anymore. He will be out of job after 2-4 years at what ever club he is stopping next at.

Iceman10

Established Member
In a couple years time he'll be back at Dortmund, mark my words.
Nah, if he does it would be many years from now unless he totally flops at new club(s) which I don't think will happen and he would be too proud a guy to go back so soon anyway, he's seeking new horizons and is still only 47.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Is Liverpool without CL and without the ability to attract the very best players, an attractive option?

I'm not sure, not when bigger English jobs will be opening up.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Liverpool have a hope in hell of getting Klopp, that said I think they'll stick with Brendan for a bit.

Shocking season for 'Pool really off the back of a 2nd place finish. Out the CL in group stages, defeat to rivals in the League cup, out of the Europa League at first hurdle, semi-final defeat to a relegation threatened side and no top four finish.

They may yet qualify for Europa league but I can't see their fans being pleased with that. So much for the treble :D:D:D.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Liverpool are progressing OK. Once you drop out of the European spots for a while it becomes very difficult to balance CL and league football when it comes along again. They were never going to get near a title challenge again this season, they haven't done great but they'd be silly to ditch king BR IMO.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Any American sports fans? Liverpool owners the 'safe' types who'll stick to the contract they've given to Rodgers? He has 3 years still. Or do they operate more aggressive and would see Klopp as a big opportunity to let pass?

In a weird situation, they can spend decent amounts, but until they move stadium, will probably never compete with those currently above them.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You never know though G , Klopp might look at it as a challenge leading Liverpool to their first title in 25 years. You go down in history for stuff like that .

Not to mention he would get great support from the Kop . Could really galvanise the place .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
His next move will be to EPL. what team he will manage? i don't know

You sounding more and more like Wenger mate :D

Klopp would be ideal for the Reds. Perfect fit, with Liverpool looking to kick on to that first PL title and Klopp with an opportunity to pick up where he left off with Dortmund.

For me, its really a question of City and their interference, because lets face it, who else is available now who can compare and improve on the pedigree of Klopp?

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out

Klopp would be ideal for the Reds. Perfect fit, with Liverpool looking to kick on to that first PL title and Klopp with an opportunity to pick up where he left off with Dortmund.

For me, its really a question of City and their interference, because lets face it, who else is available now who can compare and improve on the pedigree of Klopp?

Klopp would be dangerous for the scousers but if he went to City and City actually gave him patience he could be a real force. Klopp with a budget would be really dangerous. Liverpool will have some of the same limitations he felt at Dortmund but at City he could really build out his team if they gave him patience.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Agree but if Liverpool failed to qualify to CL next season i don't think Klopp will go there. Still i think Rodgers will stay with Liverpool one more season.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom