• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Be surprised if you getting anyone saying anything other than good things about him tonight. Great vision for the third and should of had an assist before our first goal.

But he needs to keep this up against better opposition.

Marmaduke

It should still be early to judge a player so its early to tell. But if Joel can keep his level of contribution up to today's standard he has a chance. That being said the whole team was firing against a pretty poor Zagreb.

Also someone earlier pointed out that Campbell and Bellerin haven't had much game time together and looked potent today. Defensively at least we look very stable on the right.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Finding his level against a team like Zagreb at home is hardly a good thing, not that it is a bad thing either - its just pointless - unless of course someone rates Zagreb as being a PL level team - they did actually win their first CL game ever not that long ago : O(
So that obviously applies to the whole side then right?

Who said he's only 'found his level'? He hasnt played enough for anyone to know what his level at Arsenal is yet.

Balance is key

But he needs to keep this up against better opposition.

shhh - you arent allowed to say this inhere - we beat Zagreb - we are back in the title race and we are going to win the CL - anyone who can play a good game vs Zagreb is just the kind of guy we need.

actually liked him better when he was a worse player - still remember his game against Benfica at the emirates cup - he was damn fun to watch but would have been slaughtered in the PL - he has matured a lot since then.

dont think he will ever be a starting player for us - but decent backup and rotation in the small cups for now - who knows - he could turn into something special

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Comments on the past few pages make me laugh. "Worst footballer I have seen at Arsenal". Wonder how some came up with that.

Clearly not as bad as people are making him out to be, his talent is obvious since the first day. Whether he fulfills it here or not is another question, but he is on the right track now.

Good to see that with a run of games his fitness improved decently. Starting to gel really well with the team too and know where other players like to run.

Balance is key

So that obviously applies to the whole side then right?

of course - I dont get giddy when we beat poor opposition - I am stoked with the game and think it will do wonders for our morale - but judging players vs east european teams will only set you up for disappointment.

Hell Depay and Eriksen would be in with a shout for the ballon dor if we judged them on their games vs **** opposition.

Today was all about getting some confidence back in the team - everyone got their fill - but come weekend, campbell will be back on the bench, come January he likely wont even be there.

so many other people ahead of him in his position - even plaeyrs who arent natural wingers

Plutarch

Good performance from Campbell and for the first time I was quite impressed by him. Even if the opposition was quite poor, he was still linking up well with the rest of our team. I didn't think he had a chance of making it before but perhaps he has.

Giroud

Established Member
Would I be right in saying that as an all round performance that was better than anything Ox has produced this season and maybe even Ramsey at right mid?

I never thought he had such an eye for a pass and his execution was nearly spot on most of the time.

Zagreb weren't able to live with our movement which made it easier to pick out that passes but credit where it's due, he was excellent. And I don't think Ox could put in such an all round performance regardless of the opposition.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

of course - I dont get giddy when we beat poor opposition - I am stoked with the game and think it will do wonders for our morale - but judging players vs east european teams will only set you up for disappointment.

Hell Depay and Eriksen would be in with a shout for the ballon dor if we judged them on their games vs **** opposition.

Today was all about getting some confidence back in the team - everyone got their fill - but come weekend, campbell will be back on the bench, come January he likely wont even be there.

so many other people ahead of him in his position - even plaeyrs who arent natural wingers

You seem like the sort of person who finds a fifty quid note on the street and complains about littering.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I see the always believed in Campbell posts are starting to come out :lol:

They were a bit silent at the weekend.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nobody's saying he's brilliant based solely on this game though.

This is a football forum, where performances, irrespective of the opposition (this was a CL game, with the eyes of Europe on it), will be evaluated. If someone does well, then it's said.

Balance is key

You seem like the sort of person who finds a fifty quid note on the street and complains about littering.

images

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Would I be right in saying that as an all round performance that was better than anything Ox has produced this season and maybe even Ramsey at right mid?
Definitely better than what Ox has shown this season, but Ramsey is a level too far. Zagreb is horrible, and the same players we had out there struggled against them on MD1 so we just have to give credit where it is due, Campbell did take his chances. You can only beat what is in front of you.

There are people who said after Bayern he won't start another game, there are people who said the same after Sp**s, WBA and now people are saying it again. It's up to Campbell to prove all of those doubters wrong and he has done it. If he continue to do well, he will be a serious option for us and Ox will have to be worried about his place.

Balance is key

I never thought he had such an eye for a pass and his execution was nearly spot on most of the time.

Zagreb weren't able to live with our movement which made it easier to pick out that passes but credit where it's due, he was excellent. And I don't think Ox could put in such an all round performance regardless of the opposition.

Weird kind of players - campbell is a bit more rounded, not really great at anything, but decent at most things and good at some

Ox on the other hand got a few great things in his game - but lacks fundamentals

Given that we have Bellerin at the back campbell might be the better choice over ox - in either case we should never have Welbeck, Campbell and ox in the squad - Its impossible to develop all of them - someone is going to get the ****ty end of the stick and we all know its going to be campbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom