• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
he kept Campbell because Welbeck is out until January,
it was too late to bring someone in, me thinks
That's the only reason he kept Campbell.

It's just poor management on Wenger's part.............again.

I have to say his management of the resources available to his team has probably been his biggest failing as he cannot seem to manage his squad and maintain their fitness over a full season. He's assembled a team full of injury prone players and failed to address key areas of the squad time and again.

We all know the story but I'm fcukin' fed up now.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Should of kept Podolski, was only happy to see him go because thought we might be bringing someone in.

I don't think people are being harsh on him, was highly praised for his work rate but at a top club you need to quickly show you've got a lot more to your locker.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I would surely rather still had Poldi than Campbell at Arsenal. But I think we were right to let Poldi go. We shouldn't have relied on Campbell. We should have bought a better (goalscoring) winger.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Podolski probably would have managed to play better in this side we have now too, his left foot from the right wing would have been pretty good I imagine, but he might not have performed for us anyway.

tim08

Agree with the general consensus here that Campbell isn't good enough for a club pushing for major honours. However, due to having our first choice 7/8 options on the wing all injured at once he has been thrust in, and its not his fault its Wenger's for not buying adequate cover when he knew Welbeck and Jack were AWOL for the long term whilst knowing both Theo and the OX are about as durable as a soggy tissue.

All we can do is get behind him, hope he puts a shift in and can come up with the odd goal or assist here and there. I fear we will be seeing an awful lot of Campbell this season, due to Ramsey and Jack now having to be used in deeper roles whilst there are rumblings from various sources that Welbeck may not be back until late Feb/March - if at all this season.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Campbell is in worst physical shape than a Sunday league footballer. At this stage, I doubt we can even sell him without eating some of the wage. ffs.

pikey2000

He's been copping some stick recently, people very quick to slate him, tonight I watched him closely and the lad played very well, calm on the ball, some lovely through balls, rarely gifted possession away, done his bit getting back - the only thing I could have asked for was a few more shots.

Done well tonight. Not as bad as some make out.

legendhenry_14

Gotta give it to him today. He played really well and what we all like to see, he did it- running at defenders. Now i would like to see him start cutting in from that right and take some good shots on his left foot ala costa and robben. Hopefully he get his fitness level right. Im not gonna over praise him today but hopefully he can build on this an start playing well.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I've been harsh on him. Good game he had. Still doesn't change my opinion, he needs to get into shape. He just lacks that last gear to hit into pace or properly control the ball. I think if he hits form and starts showing some pace and consistency than we have a player who will give Ox a run for his money.

Some lovely through balls today.

Balance is key

much better this game, credit to him.
this is what the fans expect, keep it up,

Finding his level against a team like Zagreb at home is hardly a good thing, not that it is a bad thing either - its just pointless - unless of course someone rates Zagreb as being a PL level team - they did actually win their first CL game ever not that long ago : O(

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yep he had a good game tonight, maybe Wenger will play Ramsey in the middle to keep Joel's run going. Cazorla could do with a rest anyway, play Ramsey and Flamini against Norwich and let Joel carry on. I still dont think he will make it here but dropping him immediately now Ramsey is back would be wrong after today's performance.

djoeru

I hope people will give him the credit he deserves, tonight he was one of the best player on the pitch. He was amazing the 20 first minutes, the only one alive, making things happen. 3 or 4 classes individual actions, one great assist and could have had two with the good ball given to Santi at the 7th minute. Plus he spent so much energy at defending and tracking back.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Finding his level against a team like Zagreb at home is hardly a good thing, not that it is a bad thing either - its just pointless - unless of course someone rates Zagreb as being a PL level team - they did actually win their first CL game ever not that long ago : O(

4593531893_f67a757fa1.jpg

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
All set up for him to score the winner in 2 weeks and knock his old team out of the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom