• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

ffs, talk about reading to much into two words. I honestly didnt know what else to say, apart from that. Maybe 'fair enough' was better in hindsight!
Loool I know I know. Just me being a ****.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Needed an excuse to post that vid tbh, I love the song so much.

But yeah, I think you'll find I've been consistent in my views of Campbell. My biggest concern was his lack of pace, but he was gliding nicely across the turf today. Maybe he just needed to get up to speed again.

My bro's Golf runs poorly after months of inactivity tbh. It's a 2 litre GTI so you know it's not slow!
He does look slower thnn I remember tbf. **** knows what went on there. He was never what I'd describe a very quick though. Decent pace at best. There might be something more there, but I doubt it. Its not like he's been injured.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ignoring Ramsey I think Joel is probably first in the pecking order for the RW. The problem is Ox is a high potential English player, Welbeck is a dependable England international and Wilshere will need games and can play there.

Unless he puts in some outstanding performances I think the lad is doomed regardless of what he does.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Call me a cynical git, but I always think there's an ulterior motive--probably linked to avoiding having to spend--when he says that about players in Joels apparent precarious position at the club.

Nah, I was thinking along those lines too , half jokingly but the thought crossed my mind he was spruiking something up .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I enjoyed what he did tonight regardless , well though out tactically and nice intricacy with the passing .

It's more a question of frenetic energy , we need it from somewhere and we usually get it with Ramsey .

Diogenes

Even aside from the assist, he made lots of quality decisions out there tonight.

Being that the adjustment to English hurly burly football can be awkward, and the likes of Bayern Munich away is no fun for anyone, perhaps this was the first real opportunity for him to actually demonstrate some of what he has to offer.

And I thought he demonstrated plenty, even before the game became an over stretched farce.

skip spence

he's a poor man's sanchez really, isn't he?

I mean a left-footed sanchez, a very similar type of player, only that sanchez does it quite a lot better. Then again Sanchez is top class, nobody including Campbell himself expects him to be as good as Sanchez.

Glad that he had a decent game and even gladder that Aaron Ramsey is coming back to reclaim his position.

Kanonier

As a fellow Costarican and huge Gunner since I can remember, all I can say is that Joel can deliver if he is given more play time and he can regain his confidence. The lack of playing time killed his pace, his confidence to push forward and shoot at goal. Nonetheless, I think that he is doomed competing for a spot against three English internationals. I think it would be best for him to move on to another lower level Premier League club (Everton, Newcastle or West Brom) or to another league like Italy or Spain.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Joel's a decent player, nothing more. He has no pace and that for a wide man is crucial. He can't beat his man on the outside and his default move is to cut in onto his left foot and shoot or pass. He was okay tonight but ****e against WBA.

He's getting a good run as starter for us but unfortunately, I don't see enough in his locker to feel he can make the difference in big games or against better teams. Still he's doing a job for us but once Ramsey's fully fit & Sanchez rested, he's on the bench at best.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

As a fellow Costarican and huge Gunner since I can remember, all I can say is that Joel can deliver if he is given more play time and he can regain his confidence. The lack of playing time killed his pace, his confidence to push forward and shoot at goal. Nonetheless, I think that he is doomed competing for a spot against three English internationals. I think it would be best for him to move on to another lower level Premier League club (Everton, Newcastle or West Brom) or to another league like Italy or Spain.

That's an interesting point , because he seemed a little quicker today . Be interesting to watch the progress .

redanddread

Not sure how the lack of playing time could have killed his pace-did he ever have any? I agree though that he'd be better off at a slightly lower level club or another league, playing all the time. I hope he can do well for us whilst he's getting game time but I don't see a future for him at Arsenal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Happy for the lad, he was always going to be subjected to ridicule and the like around these parts because we live in an instant society these days.

Hope he continues his good work on the pitch, and is given a run as well.

redanddread

Happy for the lad, he was always going to be subjected to ridicule and the like around these parts because we live in an instant society these days.

Hope he continues his good work on the pitch, and is given a run as well.
Many on here really wanted him to do well and hope(d) that he could be a solution on the RW. It's that many have been disappointed with what they've seen so far. Would be happy if he could shut us up and prove his doubters wrong but he's too slow for his role imo.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

I think there's an ounce of truth in this because he looked quick enough in the WC but I think his "below-average" acceleration hinders his overall speed really. He's a bit like me. I once clocked 12.79 secs in a 100 meter sprint and finished third out of eight but in the first 15-20 meters there were 6 runners in front of me.

Joel's assist for Sanchez was nearly a carbon copy of this one at 0:40

akhil

First time I thought he didn't look exhausted.

His game looks well rounded actually and I don't know if you lot have followed him at his loan spells but there's definitely some magic in that left foot. He close control was better today as well.

sharongur

Guys, I know he's playing only cause we got 3 players ahead of him injured unlike my example to follow but still.

Aaron Ramsey. the season before his breakthrough, I thought he is the ****test player on our team being blindly believed in by wenger, I was so pissed and the amount of breaks and chances he wasted with his spins and worthless dribbles. the next season he was our best player.

So it is different here cause Joel definitely isnt a starter for us, but can it be the same case ? the case of "preforms bad but still wenger sticks with him", only to become what wenger saw in him and forced him to flourish? or is it just a bad 3rd choice back up happen to have a good game?

We only saw glimpses of that World Cup Joel last night for the very first time since he arrived...

haha_arsenal

I'm afraid Wenger won't give him much time as Ramsey'd got.
We were in a tight budget situation and kids' development but time has changed.
We let Gervinho go after 2 years, that's the amount of time I expect for Campbell to have.

Maxim

Joel's a decent player, nothing more. He has no pace and that for a wide man is crucial. He can't beat his man on the outside and his default move is to cut in onto his left foot and shoot or pass. He was okay tonight but ****e against WBA.

He's getting a good run as starter for us but unfortunately, I don't see enough in his locker to feel he can make the difference in big games or against better teams. Still he's doing a job for us but once Ramsey's fully fit & Sanchez rested, he's on the bench at best.

Only sensible post in the last 3 pages. Joel is simply not good enough to be anything other than an emergency back up for a club like Arsenal.

A half decent performance against garbage opposition doesn't change that. There are people claiming he was the best player on the pitch and is now ahead of Ox for that right wing position, Ridiculous.

The likes of Gervinho and Podolski had far more to their game than Joel does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom