• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bould14

Inconsistent but he is working his socks off to improve. Chambo could learn a couple of things..

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Campbell has been inconsistent in a short period Ox has been inconsistent in a longer period. For me, going forward, Ox has to come back third fiddle to Ramsey and Campbell.

It is a shame but at some point potential has to turn into performances and consistency.

Balance is key

Campbell has been inconsistent in a short period Ox has been inconsistent in a longer period. For me, going forward, Ox has to come back third fiddle to Ramsey and Campbell.

It is a shame but at some point potential has to turn into performances and consistency.

Still think Walcott should be rotated on the wings and upfront

Giroud

Established Member
Weird kind of players - campbell is a bit more rounded, not really great at anything, but decent at most things good at some

Ox on the other hand got a few great things in his game - but lacks fundamentals

Given that we have Bellerin at the back campbell might be the better choice over ox - in either case we should never have Welbeck, Campbell and ox in the squad - Its impossible to develop all of them - someone is going to get the ****ty end of the stick and we all know its going to be campbell.

I think it's the opposite with Ox. He has the fundamentals to be a great player; great speed, strength, dribbling and shooting. But lacks that edge to impose himself on games at this level.

His passing isn't a strong point. He's never really shown the ability to link with, or pick out others as Campbell did tonight. His movement is also poor as he doesn't find himself in goalscoring positions often enough to showcase his shooting ability.

He's got the tools in him but is severely lacking in some areas which are preventing him from showcasing his talent. Of course he's still young and learning but at the moment I think Campbell can really put it up to him as I have said before.

Ramsey is the obvious first choice and can do a job out there but he's really a central player. Hopefully Campbell can build on this and give the boss something to think about.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Still think Walcott should be rotated on the wings and upfront
Well that's a different conversation. But the premise is the same. A CM player is keeping out three more natural wide players. For a manager that shows faith in players should it now be a worry that two or three players are being pushed out and what do those players need to do? Out of them all Joel has had the least time to prove himself.

I still don't find him a solution but think he deserves more time to prove himself, not that my opinion means **** in the grand scheme of things but the Ox should be worried. He has no right to come back to a place.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'm happy with his performance. Lovely assist and he finally showed that he is indeed pretty fast!

What I love about him is that he has a great vision for the game. He's always had a killer reverse pass on him and links up in attack nicely. Also weights passes well in general.

He's not perfect but I really feel his potential is very high. I hope Wenger rates him like I do and he starts him ahead of Ramsey in the next game (on the right).

GabeGooner

He had a pretty good game tonight, albeit against fairly poor opposition. Hopefully he'll take some confidence from that and start performing at a higher standard more frequently now.

Balance is key

I think it's the opposite with Ox. He has the fundamentals to be a great player; great speed, strength, dribbling and shooting. But lacks that edge to impose himself on games at this level.

His passing isn't a strong point. He's never really shown the ability to link with, or pick out others as Campbell did tonight. His movement is also poor as he doesn't find himself in goalscoring positions often enough to showcase his shooting ability.

He's got the tools in him but is severely lacking in some areas which are preventing him from showcasing his talent. Of course he's still young and learning but at the moment I think Campbell can really put it up to him as I have said before.

Ramsey is the obvious first choice and can do a job out there but he's really a central player. Hopefully Campbell can build on this and give the boss something to think about.

His attributes are great - no doubt - also better than cambells - with fundamentals I meant playing wise - positioning, defending, composure, passing etc.

then he got some amazing traits like his ability to take a man on and can be very direct

Campbell is pretty much just a worse version of Ramsey, a player who is great at nothing but good at most things (his wonder season not included)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arsène just said Campbell "was outstanding ".
Call me a cynical git, but I always think there's an ulterior motive--probably linked to avoiding having to spend--when he says that about players in Joels apparent precarious position at the club.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
His attributes are great - no doubt - also better than cambells - with fundamentals I meant playing wise - positioning, defending, composure, passing etc.

then he got some amazing traits like his ability to take a man on and can be very direct

Campbell is pretty much just a worse version of Ramsey, a player who is great at nothing but good at most things (his wonder season not included)
He's nothing like Ramsey. He's more agile, faster and a better dribbler. He's a forward, Ramsey's a midfielder.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Nyctophobia

Don't take offence ffs!

I only asked 'what'? and laughed, because you wrote this:

Campbell should make his mind up about if he wants to be **** or good already, he's been a tennis match to follow.

What does that mean? Even if it's a term, the sentence doesn't make sense.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
@Nyctophobia

Don't take offence ffs!

I only asked 'what'? and laughed, because you wrote this:

What does that mean? Even if it's a term, the sentence doesn't make sense.
I didn't take offense, I just couldn't come up with something clever on the fly so... I just thought more nonsense might solve the problem. :lol:

I make up **** now and then, just means he's back and forth all the time, keep looking left and right. ;)

I'm super chill, ain't got no costume yet though.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He did very well tonight. That pass to Alexis was brilliant. Can he keep it up? Is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom