• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: The great schism of our time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah but those two things didn't happen. At least not how you're trying to make it sound.

I brought up the other names to demonstrate the idea that it isn't 1 person who is responsible for the draw. Its a team result, which includes the Giroud miss, but certainly is not a result of this.

And no one is barring you guys from referring to the miss. But if you're going to do it, you can expect people to reply with opposing thoughts. You seem to have a problem with this.

What two things? I have no idea what you are talking about. I praised Giroud for his performance and criticize him for his miss which was one of the worse I ever seen.

Why are you still trying to put other in this conversation? This is Giroud thread. If you want to see what I had to say about the team performance go in Liverpool thread. I'm here to talk about Giroud miss. I never once blamed Giroud for the draw. I'm talking about his miss.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Giroud is on course for over 30 goals this season, which will be the best a single striker has done for us since we've moved the Emirates outside of Van Persie's brilliant 11/12 season.

18 by January, you'd expect at least 12 in the next 4 months, certainly 15 more is achievable if he keeps fit. These are not the figures of a donkey.

say yes

forum master baiter
Giroud is on course for over 30 goals this season, which will be the best a single striker has done for us since we've moved the Emirates outside of Van Persie's brilliant 11/12 season.

18 by January, you'd expect at least 12 in the next 4 months, certainly 15 more is achievable if he keeps fit. These are not the figures of a donkey.

Donkeys can get good figures tbh. See Mario Gomez etc.

CrypticSaint

You compare the theo thread to this and its laughable, he was shocking yesterday. Giroud was our MOTM yesterday but because he misses one easy chance its the end of the world. If he does nine things right out of ten people will criticize that one thing he did wrong.

Note the lack of AGBs on the theo thread lol

Theo fanboys get very defensive when giroud does well.

You compare the theo thread to this and its laughable, he was shocking yesterday. Giroud was our MOTM yesterday but because he misses one easy chance its the end of the world. If he does nine things right out of ten people will criticize that one thing he did wrong.

Theo fanboys like get very defensive when giroud does well.

Nobody said it was end of the world.

blaze_of_glory

The days leading up to the Liverpool game were a complete shmishmorshin in here too. I still dont' know what kicked it all off. I mean its been a contentious thread for a while but it's exploded this week.

CrypticSaint

What have Walcott to do with it that people want to talk about Giroud?

If you want to talk about Walcott talk about him in Walcott thread.
My point is that every player on that pitch does good things and bad. No matter how well Giroud performs there are always people on this thread who criticize him specifically alot more than they do other players. Hence my comparison to theo's thread.

Infact that's why the GDL exists in the first place.

Last edited:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
My point is that every player one that pitch does good things and bad. No matter how well Giroud performs there are always people on this thread who criticize alot more than they do other players. Hence my comparison to theo's thread.

We all agree that Theo was ****.

We all agree that Giroud was fantastic.

But, but... GDL won't admit that it was a shocking miss, which is all AGB have stated here, but GDL keep making some utterly ridiculous analogies.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
You know what's delusional? Saying that this miss cost us the points!

If he scores that, how do you know how the game ends up after that?

If that goes in then the game changes and everything that happened after can no longer be applied. How do you know that we don't go into a shell earlier, suffer even more pressure and not only not score another but instead concede 2+ goals and lose the game instead? Of course it could've ended up a tie or our win just as well. Point is, we don't know.

It was a horrible miss, everybody in this thread said as much...everybody (talk about making false claims @Furious Styles).

However, after that when it was still 2-2 and we needed another goal, Giroud put that miss behind him and came up with a beauty that he created himself out of thin air (from a deflected failed pass attempt).

Strikers miss chances all the time. Ronaldo does it, Messi does it, Henry used to do it, Brazilian Ronaldo used to do it, Higgy does it a lot, etc. There is no striker in the world that doesn't miss chances. What matters is how the said striker reacts to the miss. Giroud stepped us and gave us the lead that should've gotten us the 3 points. Our defense failed us in the last minutes of the game. The responsibility for the 2 lost points rests solely with the defense. Ask any neutral fan and they will tell you as much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing, tongue-in-cheek praising is not praising, it is satirical criticism in disguise. GAL and GRAL just need to get off their high horses and stop embarrassing yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom