• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: The great schism of our time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good job guys, now you are attacking one of most quality poster on this forum. GDL put shame on them self by attacking people over and over again here.

Time to lock this thread please.

Loken

I don't understand these counter-factuals going on here. He missed a sitter, and then scored to make up for it with a worldie. Just because he scores the tap in, doesn't mean he'll score the 3rd. Maybe he gets injured, maybe he just doesn't score. Maybe Liverpool come from behind 4-3.

Unlucky to come off his heel, he was stretching for it and it happens. He showed his quality afterwards.

Pretty ridiculous to question what happened. I am genuinely baffled.

I don't understand these counter-factuals going on here. He missed a sitter, and then scored to make up for it with a worldie. Just because he scores the tap in, doesn't mean he'll score the 3rd. Maybe he gets injured, maybe he just doesn't score. Maybe Liverpool come from behind 4-3.

Unlucky to come off his heel, he was stretching for it and it happens. He showed his quality afterwards.

Pretty ridiculous to question what happened. I am genuinely baffled.

Nobody is asking what happened. People are just talking about this was one of the worst miss they ever seen.

blaze_of_glory

People were yesterday arguing that had he scored the sitter we would have won the game for sure. @Loken is right that this can't be known as the entire game would have played out differently.

If the multiple universe theory is correct, there is a reality where Giroud did score that and we went on to win, and another where he scored and we lost 7-3 . IF it's correct.

People were yesterday arguing that had he scored the sitter we would have won the game for sure. @Loken is right that this can't be known as the entire game would have played out differently.

If the multiple universe theory is correct, there is a reality where Giroud did score that and we went on to win, and another where he scored and we lost 7-3 . IF it's correct.

Well it is all guess work not worth talking about. I for one never argued that if he scored the sitter we would have won.

So it is clear and I think most agree with me. Giroud played very well, scored two great goals but the only thing I criticize was that he didn't score the sitter. I did not blame in for the draw. It would have been weird talking about everything Giroud did and leave out the miss, the miss was one of the worse I've seen. It was beautiful attack, would have been great if he scored.

Gooner_girl14

It was a shocking miss, still don't understand how he managed it. :lol:

But he was deservedly MOTM and otherwise had an excellent game. Don't understand those who choose to focus on the negatives and seem to disregard his huge contribution this season. He has improved so much that I'm now going into every game expecting a goal from him.

Gooner_girl14

It's useless (albeit somewhat fun) to argue if this or that happened, we would have won or lost etc. I would argue that if Theo didn't try to dribble out of our defence when he was surrounded by Liverpool players (and just booted the ball away) they would not have scored that first goal, and maybe we would have scored first and controlled the game better.

Back to reality and Giroud, he got a double at Anfield and his second was of the quality many (including me) didn't think he possessed. He had a huge game and played his heart out.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah, I am going to lock this and start a new one. You guys are right, it's run it's course. It's not really been about Giroud for a while, but at least it was an entertaining back and forth regarding the arguments and opinions being put forward by both "factions" for a bit there. It's gone way out of hand from both camps now though and I don't think we can reel it back in.

Everyone pat themselves on the back, we've created and survived maybe the most ridiculous non-transfer thread in recent A-M history.

New thread coming, clean slate like with Özil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom