• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: What is he good 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Proper squad player this guy, should thank his lucky stars that he's an Arsenal player. He's exactly what we need, a hard working, not showboating player. Elneny replaces Arteta, Xhaka replaces Flamini, and Iwobi/Toral (?) replaces Rosicky. If we keep the midfielders we have now, we are sorted for years. Amazing depth.

Triniboy

No really, he is average, not trying to bash him, but a waste of a squad spot atm, especially with the upcoming summer window. If he really improves his defensive game I will change my mind because he is solid in possession, however runs around looking really clueless without the ball.

If you think about what he has offered our team, keeping the ball and keeping it moving, I can't help but think we could have provided that from a youth player. Even Iwobi could have provided that much in the midfield. Interesting buy.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
When we got him we were playing Flamini in midfield. In comparison el Neny is xavi level. However with xhaka incoming and if wilshere is able to shrug off his injuries el Neny will find himself benched most of the time. In hindsight it'd have been a better idea to take him on loan..

General

Established Member
Sometimes he goes into a tackle and I think he's won the ball surely but somehow the attacker emerges with it. He loses a lot of headers too and this was noticeable in his first game. His ball distribution is his only saving grace at the moment. Quite clear he needs some time to acclimatise to the League. I feel he is playing very conservatively and has a few gears in him.

General

Established Member
When we got him we were playing Flamini in midfield. In comparison el Neny is xavi level. However with xhaka incoming and if wilshere is able to shrug off his injuries el Neny will find himself benched most of the time. In hindsight it'd have been a better idea to take him on loan..
Like Flamini did, Elneny will see a lot of football at crucial periods when injuries inevitably strike.

blaze_of_glory

Bit early to declare that. I think Ramsey and Coq are more likely to miss out than big Moh with Xhaka's arrival.

Or should be based on performances this year. Ramsey especially. Can't shake the feeling he might get sold tbh.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Bit early to declare that. I think Ramsey and Coq are more likely to miss out than big Moh with Xhaka's arrival.

Or should be based on performances this year. Ramsey especially. Can't shake the feeling he might get sold tbh.
Next summer is more likely, I don't think Wenger will let him leave just yet. He's still a bit of a favorite.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Not really. He definitely isn't displacing the 3 or 4 in front of him, so he is a squaddie!

I very much doubt Ramsey gets sold. Not sure if you want to see that or not, but it's not happening imo.

I wouldn't have El Neny in front of Jack or Caz, and I don't want to see him play for us at the expense of one of those two going down.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People still think Ramsey will get sold, leaving us an injury prone Jack, an old Santi, average Coq, and average El.

Come on gays.

blaze_of_glory

Not really. He definitely isn't displacing the 3 or 4 in front of him, so he is a squaddie!

I very much doubt Ramsey gets sold. Not sure if you want to see that or not, but it's not happening imo.

I wouldn't have El Neny in front of Jack or Caz, and I don't want to see him play for us at the expense of one of those two going down.
Well I agree he isn't first choice, so I guess by that measure he technically is a squaddie. But Im not sure there are three or four ahead of him. I'd say Wilshere and maybe Santi, both of whom are doubts as to how many games they will play. Santi may even be used more to back up Özil now that Jack is back and we have other CM options.

I really think El Neny is ahead of Ramsey at CM after what we saw from them both there this year. I think it's likely we'll see Ramsey back at RW if anywhere.

Ramsey just seems like spare parts to me at the moment. Maybe I'm just bitter about his decline from 2014. Honestly would be fine with him going at this point, and could see it happen. Him and and one of Theo or Ox are the most likely high profile departures imo.

Could be wrong though, first time for everything I suppose.

Fallout

it's too early to tell what impact xhaka will have on elneny's playing time. we could easily see ramsey and wilshere shifted wide, and we also have recurring fitness problems. or in the worst possible case, xhaka might turn out to be a flop. too many things can still happen. overall, i thought elneny had a really promising half-season and he looked great in all his games barring a disappointment vs man city.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Exactly. This guy is AT LEAST a quality squad player. He looks comfortable with the basics; touch, mobility, stamina and passing accuracy are all there.

blaze_of_glory

He can both a squaddie (as in not first choice when everyone is available) and a Wenger gem so long as he contributes well and gets regular games. So far that looks like the case to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom